• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN:Don't Call Far Cry Primal Far Cry 4.5

Koh

Based on the thread title I expected an opinion piece from an ign editor or writer focused on their experience with the game.

This is literally a statement from Ubisoft via IGN in an interview.

Every dev is going to act like their game brings something new. It's as valuable as asking a parent what they think of their kids.

Look forward to some thoughts from less biased parties.

We can call it whatever we want to.

This reminds me of that Microsoft crybaby who said calling the Xbox One the "Xbone" was disrespectful.

Fuck. Right. Off.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I love dev diaries what are you talking about? I don't, however, like blatant, zero effort pr pieces presented as previews. They are just a little too coZy with dev here for my liking. If you're ok with it fine but to me it's blatant and only makes me highly suspicious of the game. The fact that all the other previews and footage has left me unimpressed makes this seem like a desperate move imho.
All the other previews were mostly positive, IGN is not an outlier nor or they the only ons who published interview articles/videos about the game.

Based on the thread title I expected an opinion piece from an ign editor or writer focused on their experience with the game.

This is literally a statement from Ubisoft via IGN in an interview.

Every dev is going to act like their game brings something new. It's as valuable as asking a parent what they think of their kids.

Look forward to some thoughts from less biased parties.
You know we had a preview thread the other day right?

Mahonay

Banned
Then don't build it on the existing framework from Far Cry 3 & 4?

I'm interested in Far Cry Primal but don't try and tell us you're reinventing the wheel with this game. Come on now.

Fishook

Why use the Far Cry tag then, but they want the masses to pick up. I will play it when it becomes cheap as the setting does'not do anything for me, and it will just be a repetitive open world game, but they are just milking the franchise.

It will be a solid uninspiring open world title, like most of Ubisoft games.

antitrop

I feel nothing for this game. Dunno why but I just can't muster any kind of excitement for it

I know why, at least in my case. I liked Far Cry for the gunplay, not the spearplay.

I'm more interested in something like Wild, something that's really committing to doing something unique with its primitive setting, not just a reskin of another game(s).

shandy706

I know why, at least in my case. I liked Far Cry for the gunplay, not the spearplay.

I'm more interested in something like Wild, something that's really committing to doing something unique with its primitive setting, not just a reskin of another game(s).

Yeah. If it was a true survival style game it could be awesome. Crafting, fire building, creating a functioning settlement, etc.

I'd be interested in that.

Something other than the same formula. There's a reason I've never finished a single Far Cry game. Not even the original.

I got bored.

Kinyou

I can't help but feel like they made a huge mistake putting Far Cry in the title of this game.

I think then there'd be a bigger backslash. Many of the Far Cry open world systems and mechanics are still in this game. People might interpret omitting the name as an attempt of hiding that.

I feel nothing for this game. Dunno why but I just can't muster any kind of excitement for it
I'd probably be a lot more excited if Michel Ancle's Wild wasn't happening. That game seems to take the everything a bit further than Far Cry primal

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I think then there'd be a bigger backslash. Many of the Far Cry open world systems and mechanics are still in this game. People might interpret omitting the name as an attempt of hiding that.

I'd probably be a lot more excited if Michel Ancle's Wild wasn't happening. That game seems to take the everything a bit further than Far Cry primal
I feel that the two are going for wildly different concepts. FCP is trying to be more grounded than previous FC games, (drug induced animal control aside), while WiLD is super fantastical
and fucking awesome.

Top Bottom