• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Final Fantasy XV Director Discusses What's Next (FFXV DLC; His Next Project)

Koozek

Oh yeah totally, but I'm also sure I read in a couple of places that SE actually wanted him to do FFXVI, and after the success if XV, I can't help but think him being made to do another Ff game is a distinct possibility. But I agree ��
the odds are in favour of a new IP
giphy.gif

I mean, this is SE, so it could happen that they suddenly decide on rebranding it as FXVII in a few years^^ But nah, I'm pretty sure it'll be a new IP.

FinalAres

Agni deserves to be in a main entry. Design's too good.

She'll get 10 years of hype trailers like Noctis and become even more beloved by the fanbase than Lightning. ;)
I already love the design of Agnis philosophy. I'd love it to be FFXVI so much.

FinalAres

If anything, it's more likely to be the base of Tabata's new IP since his teams leads the Agni's Philosophy aka. WITCH project.
Again I agree it's likely, but there's also a lot to suggest it could be the next Final Fantasy. The name of the original video, the survey they released afterwards that asked if people wanted to see the characters in an FF game. Valefor.

But then there's the fact that Tabata is clearly engaged with WITCH so much, and the fact that he's talking about a new IP suggests that the new IP and WITCH are one and the same.

Either way I want dat game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm not saying it has to be Agni's Philosophy, but what I liked about Agni's Philosophy was that it promised an exit from the stock FFVIII, XIII and XV Nomura look.

Which I like, but I dislike the prospect that it's the only style of FF. It's the IX and XII wildcards that really make the series more than it otherwise would be.

theofficefan99

??

It could literally be a country in FFXV.

...and IMO XV has the most dull art direction in the series :p

Agni's design is... okay, I guess... but wasn't a fan of the Al-Queda soldiers with AK-47's, the Resident Evil monster, the Coca-Cola magic, or anything, really. It was really lacking that Japanese flair and that "this is so fucking weird and it shouldn't feel like it works when all put together but it somehow does" feeling that FF's usually give off. It just felt fucking weird period (and ugly).

Squire

Banned
People thinking that they are going to jump onto the development of an AA Ardyn game should read this interview. Expect two more DLC pieces at best while any further story expansion will be happening in novels, anime and stuff.

I have the feeling that the new IP will evoke similar concepts and gameplay elements to Metal Gear Solid V. It certainly won't be an traditional JRPG.

Structurally, yeah. I kinda doubt it'll involve shooting and stealth though. I'm guessing he's going to use Agni. That tech demo they did seems to line up pretty well with the timing of the "new IP" mentions.

??

It could literally be a country in FFXV.

Cause XVs art is garbage, too.

LAA

He was forced to release the game by the end of 2016. To say that the main story/writing in general is a train wreck is a massive understatement; I have never witnessed such a horribly mismanaged story. The battle system has ZERO balance. The magic, summon, and upgrade systems are incredibly half-assed. The camera and lock-on are literally the worst in any game I have ever played. The open world is empty. Load times are atrocious. The fast travel map does not function properly. Outside of dungeons, side quests are braindead MMO-esque stuff that are pure time wasters. I could go on and on.

Sorry, but the man does not deserve praise just for being forced to shove the game out the door. At least in my opinion. Because the entire product reeks of poor prioritizing and incompetence.

I tried to enjoy the game for what it was, aka a "road trip" game (aka driving around in Lucis and doing hunts). And I couldn't even enjoy it then. Open world is dead. Not fun to explore. Environments are mostly dull. Bad load times. Car is a chore whether manual, auto, or Type-D. Combat has billions of issues. Sidequests have zero depth. I just can't.

While I did enjoy the game, love the universe/characters and definitely will return to it for DLC, a lot of what you say does ring true.

Like I remember that timed battle with the ton of Coeurls. Despite being level 99, doing all side quests, best weapons, etc., it feels to take a long time to even kill one of them, and me and the gang were one hit killed repeatedly throughout. I forced myself though it, but really it's unenjoyable. Some main game stuff had similar issues too, but yeah I think the Zero balance as you put it may pretty much nail it. Story as well, doesn't feel like it's all there and some weird things, e.g.
How Noctis/Gang are when Gladio just leaves and don't try and stop him or ask about it when he's gets back with a SCAR immediately (find out in the DLC they ask later on, but still handled stupid. And Cor not seeing Noctis after 10 years, when surely he'd be concerned for Insomnias future

That said, did enjoy it overall, but I definitely wonder what it would have looked like if Nomura stayed at the helm, and I reckon it would have been a better experience really. As I said earlier, it just has a lot of unrealized potential.

Ridiculous comments about Nomura around too. If he was so incompetent, of course SE would keep assigning him to major titles like FF7R, Director too no less. They just wouldn't do that of he served no value or caused problems.
I do feel perhaps he may be a perfectionist, or won't budge from his vision at least, but that certainly isn't a bad thing from a creative viewpoint, it can only be bad in terms of a time/money view point, which for FFXV had gone on for a long while, but people forget Nomura and his team back then were dragged to FFXIII to help finish that, and possibly the sequel(s)?
It does seem perhaps his heart is with designing/drawing characters, but with him being at the helm at KH games...I have no doubt over his ability at leading the team to create great games.

If Luna is getting a dlc after Ardyn that's completely fine. The character needs major work. I'm guessing FFXV will still be supported with dlc after a year of launch which is definitley a good thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just give me Yoko Taro's Brave Fencer Musashi, Matsuno's Ivalice Nova Crystallis & Hironobu Sakaguchi's Agni's Philosophy.

thanks

LordKasual

Banned
Agni deserves to be in a main entry. Design's too good.

She'll get 10 years of hype trailers like Noctis and become even more beloved by the fanbase than Lightning. ;)

its a crying girl with red feathers

i dont get it

These dudes came in and saved this goddamn game. Give him FF16.

Oh, and keep Nomura the fuck away from it lol

Yes, except for the Nomura part. He's good at what he does.

If they don't give BD2 the next mainline FF game, they should absolutely task them with creating one-shot IPs like Square used to be really good at. They have the tech to make some really interesting stuff.

I really don't care to see Final Fantasy go back to its FFXIII design schematics

Here's what i want, Final Fantasy XVI gets worked on in the background while the VII remake comes out. I physically will not wait 11 years for a game again, no hype was worth that and I would rather ignore the game if I have to do this again. I still like XV for what it was but in my eyes the future of final fantasy is XIV.

Necron

Tabata can make the next FF in my opinion. I still think it's a miracle anything half-decent was released at all. Him and his team salvaged whatever Versus was and brought it to completion. Moreover, the added commitment and additions to XV are both surprising (new story, dialogue and cutscenes) and weird (cup noodles, assassin's creed).

I say let him have a go at the next installment, starting from scratch. I just wish Final Fantasy XVI focuses on bringing back a lot of the charm and spirit that this series is also known for (i.e. VI, IX), especially now that VII is being remade. A bright, fantasy world that is unique and perhaps similar in tone between IX and FF XII's Ivalice could really make it stand out from the futuristic settings we've seen in both XIII and especially XV.

Tabata can make the next FF in my opinion. I still think it's a miracle anything half-decent was released at all. Him and his team salvaged whatever Versus was and brought it to completion. Moreover, the added commitment and additions to XV are both surprising (new story, dialogue and cutscenes) and weird (cup noodles, assassin's creed).

I say let him have a go at the next installment, starting from scratch. I just wish Final Fantasy XVI focuses on bringing back a lot of the charm and spirit that this series is also known for (i.e. VI, IX), especially now that VII is being remade. A bright, fantasy world that is unique and perhaps similar in tone between IX and FF XII's Ivalice could really make it stand out from the futuristic settings we've seen in both XIII and especially XV.

Largely my take on it. I kind of wish he wasn't hampered down by Nomuras garbage with FFXIII Versus, but what can ya do.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Here's what i want, Final Fantasy XVI gets worked on in the background while the VII remake comes out. I physically will not wait 11 years for a game again, no hype was worth that and I would rather ignore the game if I have to do this again. I still like XV for what it was but in my eyes the future of final fantasy is XIV.
Final Fantasy XVI better be this generation, 1 mainline FF that they failed to release 10 years ago and remake that they failed to start developing 10 years ago is a joke.

Laplasakos

Obviously they have been doing some form of pre-production for a while now.

Yeah, i imagine the game started pre-production just before FFXV launch. Reading Tabata's comments in the Op makes me think that the game will actually move into full production some time next year. I wonder if they will announce it in 2018.

Keym

“Episode Ignis does mark a certain milestone in development for the game. But from then, we really want to engage with the community and find out what the content is that they absolutely have to see, they really want to see in the game. If there is that call for it, these people really do want to see a certain piece of content realized and added to the game, I very much would like to try and see if we can make that reality.”
Fuck you Tabata, fans have been asking you to fix/add to the story in the main game since release.

SSJLuffy

Not related to this thread, but are Final Fantasy 11 and 14 both worth playing? I hear 11 has a pretty good story despite being an older MMO.

Not related to this thread, but are Final Fantasy 11 and 14 both worth playing? I hear 11 has a pretty good story despite being an older MMO.

People say XIV has a great story man but it's just such a grind to get into. North sure if you want to put up with a grind to experience the story which picks up much later.

I really love XV, more than most people do, but I'll lie if I said it did live up to the expectations. It's certainly underwhelmed and unfinished.

But here's the thing. I think that most of XV's problems are a realistic result of the fact that they ran out of time. The game just needed a healthy pre-production period and a one more layer of polish. I'm very satisfied with this results giving the disastrous development.

That's why I'm judging Tabata and his team entirely on his new IP. This time they have a complete engine, none of the versus package, and supposedly a much more healthier schedule.

If this game turned out to have the same problems as XV, then well, there're no excuses this time.

I think there was tons of potential in XV, so I'm really looking forward to this.

For Tabata personally, he’d potentially like to see the stories of Ardyn and Luna fleshed out with new content, something he's also hinted at in the past.
“I think certainly considering them as incredibly key characters to the story and as personalities, characters who stick up for themselves, that’s something I’d really like to show. That also fits in very well with the results of the survey that we took where that’s what most people want to see too,
My FFXV brethren, we have failed this industry.
0WADSEO.gif

Tabata and his team lowered the standard. I don't trust him.
Wrong. There is no 'lower' standard in the current SE for any specific person. It applies to the company as a whole. How many 'critically acclaimed' games have they made recently? I am talking about their glory days which people keep bringing back when every one of their game used to get 9s and 10s on average.

People somehow just can't let go of the past when it has been more than a decade for SE.

I really love XV, more than most people do, but I'll lie if I said it did live up to the expectations. It's certainly underwhelmed and unfinished.

But here's the thing. I think that most of XV's problems are a realistic result of the fact that they ran out of time. The game just needed a healthy pre-production period and a one more layer of polish. I'm very satisfied with this results giving the disastrous development.

That's why I'm judging Tabata and his team entirely on his new IP. This time they have a complete engine, none of the versus package, and supposedly a much more healthier schedule.

If this game turned out to have the same problems as XV, then well, there're no excuses this time.

I think there was tons of potential in XV, so I'm really looking forward to this.
You have nailed the reason why I still have faith in Tabata. I believe Tabata is capable of delivering a project. Technically, he is also very ambitious and knows his shit. He is honestly what SE needs the most right now but he also needs to improve his directing with some of his games. He needs to focus on creating a cohesive narrative, better and more polished gameplay. Nomura can write shit stories but he somehow makes them memorable and his gameplay is top notch for the most part.

People in this thread might think I hate Nomura but what i hate the most are the Nomura fanboys or the salty Versus fans who come into this thread just to shit on Tabata. I am personally excited for KH3 but for the FFVII: Remake, my hype has decreased a lot since its reveal because of obvious reasons. I am afraid this is going to be another Versus XIII here.

I wonder who is going to finish the project after it becomes a mess =/

TheCed

Wrong. There is no 'lower' standard in the current SE for any specific person. It applies to the company as a whole. How many 'critically acclaimed' games have they made recently? I am talking about their glory days which people keep bringing back when every one of their game used to get 9s and 10s on average.

People somehow just can't let go of the past when it has been more than a decade for SE.

You have nailed the reason why I still have faith in Tabata. I believe Tabata is capable of delivering a project. Technically, he is also very ambitious and knows his shit. He is honestly what SE needs the most right now but he also needs to improve his directing with some of his games. He needs to focus on creating a cohesive narrative, better and more polished gameplay. Nomura can write shit stories but he somehow makes them memorable and his gameplay is top notch for the most part.

People in this thread might think I hate Nomura but what i hate the most are the Nomura fanboys or the salty Versus fans who come into this thread just to shit on Tabata. I am personally excited for KH3 but for the FFVII: Remake, my hype has decreased a lot since its reveal because of obvious reasons. I am afraid this is going to be another Versus XIII here.

I wonder who is going to finish the project after it becomes a mess =/

Both Nomura and Tabata were screwed by the higher ups.

While I absolutely hate XV, I can see that Tabata had a vision that he was clearly not given enough time to realize. I mean... the game was developed at the same time as the engine, knowing that it was developed in 3 years with a barely completed engine that caused many problems on the way, yeah, it's understandable that the game needed more time. Square shouldn't have allowed the game to come out in that state, they should have given more time to Tabata and his team.

As for Nomura... his team were thrown into various other "troubled project", he never had a full team working on Versus. Pretty hard to make progress when you don't have a team behind you.

Both however are guilty of giving false informations to their fans. Maybe they were requested to give those informations, maybe it came from them... but in both cases, promises were made that would never be realised.

To me, upper management ruined Versus XIII and XV.

I'm interested to see how KH3 and Tabata's new IP work out. Two games that I would hope aren't rushed out the door and have to be constantly updated with features, scenes, and content that should have been there at launch.

I find the arguments against Tabata and Nomura to both be pretty boring at this point. It's an endless cycle with em. Even with KH3 I'm sure the crowd that whines about Nomura will heap any praise the game deserves at Yasue. With Tabata we'll have to wait years for his next big project to even come out. It's an endless cycle.

Don't even find XV to be a bad game, it's alright. Tabata's statements both before and after release however? They've at times been horrible.

Kyoufu

FFXV 'felt' finished

FFXV felt so finished they had to patch in scenes from the movie into the game and had to give Ravus some extra scenes. Meanwhile they're talking about a new project that focuses on Ardyn's backstory because the game failed to show any of it.

A year later and the guide book still has key information about the world of FFXV that the game fails to include.

The "feel" of finished.

FFXV felt so finished they had to patch in scenes from the movie into the game and had to give Ravus some extra scenes. Meanwhile they're talking about a new project that focuses on Ardyn's backstory because the game failed to show any of it.

The "feel" of finished.

I have a lot of issues with his statements about an "Ardyn Project" this implies they won't do a DLC for it. I would have assumed a survey you take in Final Fantasy XV would help determine things being added to Final Fantasy XV. The idea of having to buy a new product to experience something that wasn't fleshed out in XV about one of the CORE characters is insane to me.

Then again we also have Tabata saying that female employees are a requirement to make strong female characters in his games so I shouldn't be surprised. He's so daft so often.

DKHF

Things Tabata accomplished since taking over FFXV and BD2. (2013-2017)

* Released Episode Duscae in 2015 with Type-0 and then later Platinum Demo. Both separate from main game.
* Released a remaster for FF Type-0 HD in collaboration with Hexa Drive.
* Completed work on their own flagship internal game engine: Luminous Engine.
* Released Kingsglaive: FFXV CG movie prequel.
* Released Brotherhood: FFXV anime tie-in.
* Released Final Fantasy XV after two month delay. Released Two Story DLCs for it. Released monthly content updates for the game, often featuring free DLC.
* Started work on their own new IP within BD2 utilizing cutting edge next gen tech from Luminous Engine.
* Worked on a highly competent port of FFXV for PC with mod support, next generation visuals and features.
* Worked on a FFXV standalone expansion for PSVR.
* Worked on FFXV: Pocket Edition. A full story game from FFXV for mobile.
* Released two mobile games based on FFXV universe.
* Released a tech demo based on 'Witch' concept utilizing cutting edge next generation tech from their Luminous Engine.

Things Nomura accomplished since leaving FFXV (2013-2017)

* Took charge of FFVII: Remake as director. Still TBA despite original announcement in 2015.
* Re-released Kingdom Hearts remasters for PS4.
* Released Kingdom Hearts DDD remaster and tried to expand the game lore with a nonsense cinematic movie (Unchained).
* Released a short demo for KH3 featuring Aqua.
* Confirmed Kingdom Hearts 3 is out in 2018. Didn't confirm any release date. Game was announced in 2013 with FFXV.
* Dropped CyberConnect 2 as co-developer for FFVII: Remake. Is the game even coming before 2019?

Which one of these two has accomplished more within these 4 years?
I defended Tabata in this thread and have a lot of respect for how much of himself he has poured into FFXV and created a successful (liked by many) game. But your comparison there is inaccurate.

This is a more accurate comparison:

* Released Episode Duscae in 2015 with Type-0 and then later Platinum Demo. Both separate from main game.
* Released Kingsglaive: FFXV CG movie prequel. Tabata was one of four co-producers
* Released Brotherhood: FFXV anime tie-in. Tabata was an executive producer and helped Oofuji conceive of the idea at the start
* Released Final Fantasy XV after two month delay. Released Two Story DLCs for it. Released monthly content updates for the game, often featuring free DLC.
* Started work on their own new IP within BD2 utilizing cutting edge next gen tech from Luminous Engine. From what Tabata said to DualShockers earlier this year (said his Business Division 2 staff were on XV projects or moved to other business divisions) barely anyone is working on this yet. From the IGN interview this thread is based on it seems like real work won't start on it until 2018.
* Producing Type-0 Online, announced PC version still unreleased
* Worked on a highly competent port of FFXV for PC with mod support, next generation visuals and features. *This port is still months from releasing so it's too early to say it's "highly competent" even if it looks good in trailers/sounds good on paper
* Worked on a FFXV standalone expansion for PSVR. His role on this is in its final form is unknown from what I can see
* Working on FFXV: Pocket Edition, yet to be released. A full story game from FFXV for mobile.
* Released two mobile games based on FFXV universe. Tabata didn't work on these much at all, if he did he was very very loosely involved as XV was his focus
* Showed a 2 and a half-3 minute tech demo based on 'Witch' concept utilizing cutting edge next generation tech from their Luminous Engine.

* Oversaw the development of and drew art for KH HD 2.5 on PS3
* Quite involved with Dissidia Final Fantasy (arcade), acting as creative producer being involved with many aspects of the game as seen by him participating in every Dissidia livestream helping elaborate/comment on most aspects of the game discussed/changed/added, designing every single character added + already implemented and talking about it in interviews
* Directed, wrote the scenario/base plot (possibly did more than this) for Kingdom Hearts X (PC browser, not the same as KHUX)
* Took charge of FFVII: Remake as director. Still TBA despite original announcement in 2015.
* Creative producer, concept design along with character design for Final Fantasy Record Keeper
* Directed, co-writes the scenario, writes the base plot and oversaw game systems for Kingdom Hearts Unchained (Union) X (if you don't believe he is this involved with KHUX or previously with KHX see this recent quote from an interview with Dengeki:
Nomura-san, for KINGDOM HEARTS Union Cross' scenario, events, and raise draws, how much are you involved with those?

Nomura: I always direct the scenario, design, and game system.
* Re-released Kingdom Hearts remasters for PS4 (oversaw this, as evidenced by how he spoke about how they were making trophies easier etc in interviews before release like this:
"We are currently tweaking the hurdles to be a little lower. That's not to say that the games will be exactly the same aside from trophies; we're making fine changes."
).
* Released Kingdom Hearts DDD remaster and tried to catch up fans on some stuff from Chi they probably missed with a cinematic movie (Unchained).
* Released a demo for KH3 featuring Aqua.
* Creative producer on and designed the non-chibi characters of World of Final Fantasy, worked a lot to get Disney's approval for putting Sora into World of FF
* Confirmed Kingdom Hearts 3 is out in 2018. Didn't confirm any release date, Tabata confirmed XV for 2016 in the summer of the year before with no release date also, so that doesn't discredit Nomura in this comparison. Game was announced in 2013 with FFXV but then had to change engine due to the FFXV team understandably needing to merge with the Luminous team, setting back the game but it was out of Nomura's control since he was off XV at that point when the XV and Luminous teams merged.
* Creative producer on the Dissidia FF PS4 version, there are some differences between arcade and console and as said in a recent Dengeki interview Nomura worked with its director Kujiraoka on how to approach the PS4 release
* Tonnes of character design roles for various projects, some for high profile projects like Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2
* Dropped CyberConnect2 as co-developer for FFVII: Remake, but it seems they are keeping a lot of of CyberConnect2's work since Nomura confirmed FFVIIR's cutscenes and other areas are further along than they are for KH3 (and KH3's cutscenes would be far along at this point since it's scheduled for 2018).

They've both accomplished and are accomplishing a lot. Shouldn't have to put down one or the other whenever discussing either one.

To me, upper management ruined Versus XIII and XV.

I'm interested to see how KH3 and Tabata's new IP work out. Two games that I would hope aren't rushed out the door and have to be constantly updated with features, scenes, and content that should have been there at launch.

I find the arguments against Tabata and Nomura to both be pretty boring at this point. It's an endless cycle with em. Even with KH3 I'm sure the crowd that whines about Nomura will heap any praise the game deserves at Yasue. With Tabata we'll have to wait years for his next big project to even come out. It's an endless cycle.

Don't even find XV to be a bad game, it's alright. Tabata's statements both before and after release however? They've at times been horrible.
Well said. I agree.

Laplasakos

The Omen trailer is still one of my favourite things regarding FFXV. It really was a Kojima-tier trailer.

Same. I wish they could include Omen in the game as playable. Something like alternative reality or dream sequence, having Luna as a secret boss or something like that.

DKHF

So if their next step is a new IP, then who is going to work on FFVII?
Primarily Square Enix Business Division 1 (already were working on it with the partners) who are now heavily expanding to accomodate being the main developer for FFVIIR, and some small outsource studios like all AAA projects collaborate with.

Square-Enix is made up of thousands of employees.

Whose numbers had to be shifted around from project to project to make titles like FFXIII, FFXIV ARR, and FFXV happen. Now the development of FFVII appears to have hit a snag.

Primarily Square Enix Business Division 1 (already were working on it with the partners) who are now heavily expanding to accomodate being the main developer for FFVIIR, and some small outsource studios like all AAA projects collaborate with.

Ah, okay.

Koozek

I defended Tabata in this thread and have a lot of respect for how much of himself he has poured into FFXV and created a successful (liked by many) game. But your comparison there is inaccurate.

This is a more accurate comparison:

* Released Kingsglaive: FFXV CG movie prequel. Tabata was one of four co-producers
* Released Brotherhood: FFXV anime tie-in. Tabata was an executive producer and helped Oofuji conceive of the idea at the start
* Started work on their own new IP within BD2 utilizing cutting edge next gen tech from Luminous Engine. From what Tabata said to DualShockers earlier this year (said his Business Division 2 staff were on XV projects or moved to other business divisions) barely anyone is working on this yet. From the IGN interview this thread is based on it seems like real work won’t start on it until 2018.
* Producing Type-0 Online, announced PC version still unreleased
* Worked on a highly competent port of FFXV for PC with mod support, next generation visuals and features. *This port is still months from releasing so it’s too early to say it’s "highly competent" even if it looks good in trailers/sounds good on paper
* Worked on a FFXV standalone expansion for PSVR. His role on this is in its final form is unknown from what I can see
* Working on FFXV: Pocket Edition, yet to be released. A full story game from FFXV for mobile.
* Released two mobile games based on FFXV universe. Tabata didn’t work on these much at all, if he did he was very very loosely involved as XV was his focus
* Showed a 2 and a half-3 minute tech demo based on 'Witch' concept utilizing cutting edge next generation tech from their Luminous Engine.

* Oversaw the development of and drew art for KH HD 2.5 on PS3
* Quite involved with Dissidia Final Fantasy (arcade), acting as creative producer being involved with many aspects of the game as seen by him participating in every Dissidia livestream helping elaborate/comment on most aspects of the game discussed/changed/added, designing every single character added + already implemented and talking about it in interviews
* Directed, wrote the scenario/base plot (possibly did more than this) for Kingdom Hearts X (PC browser, not the same as KHUX)
* Creative producer, concept design along with character design for Final Fantasy Record Keeper
* Directed, co-writes the scenario, writes the base plot and oversaw game systems for Kingdom Hearts Unchained (Union) X (if you don’t believe he is this involved with KHUX or previously with KHX see this recent quote from an interview with Dengeki:

* Re-released Kingdom Hearts remasters for PS4 (oversaw this, as evidenced by how he spoke about how they were making trophies easier etc in interviews before release like this:
"We are currently tweaking the hurdles to be a little lower. That's not to say that the games will be exactly the same aside from trophies; we're making fine changes."
).
* Released Kingdom Hearts DDD remaster and tried to catch up fans on some stuff from Chi they probably missed with a cinematic movie (Unchained).
* Released a demo for KH3 featuring Aqua.
* Creative producer on and designed the non-chibi characters of World of Final Fantasy, worked a lot to get Disney's approval for putting Sora into World of FF
* Confirmed Kingdom Hearts 3 is out in 2018. Didn't confirm any release date, Tabata confirmed XV for 2016 in the summer of the year before with no release date also, so that doesn’t discredit Nomura in this comparison. Game was announced in 2013 with FFXV but then had to change engine due to the FFXV team understandably needing to merge with the Luminous team, setting back the game but it was out of Nomura’s control since he was off XV at that point when the XV and Luminous teams merged.
* Creative producer on the Dissidia FF PS4 version, there are some differences between arcade and console and as said in a recent Dengeki interview Nomura worked with its director Kujiraoka on how to approach the PS4 release
* Tonnes of character design roles for various projects, some for high profile projects like Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2
* Dropped CyberConnect2 as co-developer for FFVII: Remake, but it seems they are keeping a lot of of CyberConnect2’s work since Nomura confirmed FFVIIR’s cutscenes and other areas are further along than they are for KH3 (and KH3’s cutscenes would be far along at this point since it’s scheduled for 2018).

They've both accomplished and are accomplishing a lot. Shouldn't have to put down one or the other whenever discussing either one.

Well said. I agree.
Nice post!

Top Bottom