• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN First Destiny 1080p Xbox One footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bungie stated they wanted parity between basically all versions already. So none of this is news really. They didn't want any one fanbase to have a different experience.

Really want to play this on my X1 too. Might double dip because Im a sucker. Its going to be annoying hitting the menu button for the ghost menu if thats how they map it. Find the touchpad alot easier to press while playing.

TrueGrime

This is great news and I can't wait to get my hands on the beta.

Please let's not turn this into a console war / parity whine thread.

Edit: By parity I mean by calling the devs lazy just because it's 1080p for both XB1 and PS4. There might be other graphical differences that we don't know about.

It's kind of sad listening to Ryan from IGN getting all excited about the "parity". As if it's to be applauded that Bungie isn't taking full advantage of the PS4 hardware.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting there should be massive differences, but there should be clear differences with the amount of extra juice the PS4 is offering.

I love that the video just went up and a third of the votes are negative. Never change fanboys!

On topic, yeah it looks like Destiny.

Texture filtering took a hit. Framerate doesn't look too hot.

Edit: Upon reviewing PS4 footage the texture filtering looks pretty similar.

It's kind of sad listening to Ryan from IGN getting all excited about the "parity". As if it's to be applauded that Bungie isn't taking full advantage of the PS4 hardware.
It has only been a year since many of these same people said X1's DRM policies were fine, the hardware difference was "negligable", can't tell between 1080p vs 720p vs 900p. Oh, and my personal favorite: Xbox 360 "won" because it gained the most market share percentage (???)

Give it time. One day it'll start to balance back out.

Do you know what confuses me? When parity is reached, people act like the PS4 is somehow gimped because of it. I wasn't aware the PS4 can go above 1080p
Parity means much, much, much more than just resolution.

Oh goodness. Oh. Goodness. It just struck me that this will be the narrative going forward. "Both versions are 1080p so what's the difference?" Sad what marketing dollars and mindshare within the game journalism circles can do to objective facts.

Do you know what confuses me? When parity is reached, people act like the PS4 is somehow gimped because of it. I wasn't aware the PS4 can go above 1080p

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm not going to pretend like I was ever super interested in this game and this has changed my outlook, but parity is bullshit. Consumers make intentional choices about hardware in part due to specifications. Artificial parity is a bit of an insult to a wide swath of the consumer base.

Graphics are more complicated than vertical resolution.

Texture filtering took a hit. Framerate doesn't look too hot.

I thought the frame rate issue might have been the same thing as Digital Foundry noted in their analysis of the PS versions?

Unfortunately, the PS3 version suffers from the very same frame-pacing issues witnessed on PS4 - an uneven spread of frames that, while averaging at 30fps, causes a stutter sensation on screen.

Portugeezer

Was a nice video until they started spewing shit about parity, although that was Ryan from IGN, not the Bungie dude (although he went along with it "yes").

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Expect other visual downgrades on the xbox one compared to the PS4 if it's to maintain 1080p.

I guess it's fair to assume that Bungie are being very careful about claiming only resolution and frame rate parity, while other graphical features will differ based on hardware specs.

Orayn

Expect other visual downgrades on the xbox one compared to the PS4 if it's to maintain 1080p.

Yeah, there will probably be at least a few differences, even if they're mostly subtle stuff like AA quality, shadow resolution, AO precision, alpha effects, etc.

Did I hear that right, confirming full parity? No thanks, Bungie.

HcVfz2Z.jpg

Mikey Jr.

Honestly, fuck parity. I don't mean in terms of graphics, but using the touchpad on the ps4. I want to be able to do things by swiping. Swipe down should instantly call my sparrow.

Not press touchpad. Then hold in square for 3 seconds.

Just a Swipe down.

Swipe up switches to heavy or maybe uses your power.

The way they have it now is some lazy type shit.

nelchaar

I thought the frame rate issue might have been the same thing as Digital Foundry noted in their analysis of the PS versions?

That was judder I believe. From this video, it looks like there's frame dropping. Nothing that can't be fixed for the release I think.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks great and nice to see that it will be bumped up to 1080p for release. Cannot wait to play it for myself in the beta.

jem0208

Honestly, fuck parity. I don't mean in terms of graphics, but using the touchpad on the ps4. I want to be able to do things by swiping. Swipe down should instantly call my sparrow.

Not press touchpad. Then hold in square for 3 seconds.

Just a Swipe down.

Swipe up switches to heavy or maybe uses your power.

The way they have it now is some lazy type shit.

If they did this I would fully expect them to implement X1 voice commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom