• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN first: The weapons of Bloodborne

I have to work on the day Bloodborne comes out. I'm going to be stuck in work twiddling my thumbs for 8 hours while people are playing.

ok thx for the feedback

At this point I'm not going to play older games like Demon Souls/Dark Souls (I don't like playing any old games, I care too much about graphics/production values)

So this info helps

Eh if you say so. Not at least giving them a try is a disservice to yourself though! Especially if you have a PC and can play DaS1 with DSFix. Where textures/framerate/resolution are all fixed.

OT: I feel like the gunblade wont be able to parry. The damage it does when firing is much more than the left handed guns.

raven777

insta0xs47.gif

The animation after you lock out the enemy is still wonky from dark souls, I still feel is just a Souls speed up battle combat and not a total new combat mechanic.

So I had a dream last night that From abandoned the guns and offensive weponry, and instead brought back swords and shields. And today we get a video of the weapons.

convo

Looks like a gun-blade sort of thing. I think we had the flamethrower that turned into a sword at the psx thing or the other multiplayer showcase at tapei game show.

So I had a dream last night that From abandoned the guns and offensive weponry, and instead brought back swords and shields. And today we get a video of the weapons.

I had a dream that I got the game and there was an option to disable chromatic aberration. I hope my dream comes true.

Pop

When did they add Doctor Doom to the game...

Looking great though, that spider thing still gives me the creeps.

convo

That looks so janky. The animation repeat with no flow into same animation.

D' souls games weapons usually animate like that when the players repeatedly push the same button to attack with the same attack,animation priority also prevents it to be interrupted in a organic way. The weapons move set is of course more varied and is not the only way this weapon can attack like in that gif ,you should look at that video.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh fyckuf zsohfoihfoisajhfd

i just saw this thread

umbasaaaaaaaaaaw4 213q5twesgewsgtws

kpaadet

That looks so janky. The animation repeat with no flow into same animation.
Not seeing any jankyness, yes the animation will look the same when you attack (R1) step back (interrupt attack) and attack (R1) again. How many games have different animations for the same attack?

Blobbers

Is it just me or is the soundtrack already looking to be better than the previous Souls games? I know its still way early to draw conclusions.

Man, I can't wait to whip every enemy to death.

convo

The snappy way the cane-whip moves is really great compared to the previous whip weapons in the souls game. They were slow and inaccurate but with the stab to transform the attack is much faster and actually competent.

Top Bottom