• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN first: The weapons of Bloodborne

So good. Is there any point dual wielding guns though? Guns are just parrying tools and useful as a supporting weapon for crowd control but on their own do very little damage right?

It's too early to say, but it's clear that guns are associated with the blood damage type. There's a stat, bloodtinge, that seems to increase this damage, so maybe it's possible to spec yourself to do decent damage with guns? But ammo would be a major concern.

Despera

Banned
I like how the grass reacts to the whip swinging at 1:36. I think it's only the whiff that triggered that movement.

mrjohill

GlamorousCompetentBongo.gif

I just realized how much I want a clueless gamer on bloodborne

Gsnap

So is it confirmed that every weapon in the game will have two forms? Or will there be some regular weapons?

Gsnap

ok.

Would be cool if every weapon transformed. This would probably lead to there being less weapons in the game, but I think the game would be better off for it.

It's a great way to make people try new things. I never used whips before, but now that there's a sword/whip combo I might actually look into it. Same thing with hammers.

I'd personally like it if there were a few that didn't transform, but instead offered some other advantage. Just for a little extra variety. But it's whatever. From has never let us down in the equipment department and I don't expect them to start now.

I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4, I don't need a PS4...

How else are you going to play this game ?
smug.gif

ced

I wonder if they cut the dual wielded swords we saw in the leaked old version trailer or just saving it for a surprise.

Foffy

Banned
ok.

Would be cool if every weapon transformed. This would probably lead to there being less weapons in the game, but I think the game would be better off for it.

I thought this was confirmed to be so at last year's E3. The game has a smaller pool of weapons than previous Souls games, but each transforms.

burgerdog

I just realized how much I want a clueless gamer on bloodborne

It wouldn't be a very good segment. GTA, MKX, Tomb Raider, Unity, and so on all work because ridiculous shit happens in them that makes the crowd go wild. With bloodborne you'd just have conan getting killed over and over and the audience would just get bored of that.

tcrunch

It wouldn't be a very good segment. GTA, MKX, Tomb Raider, Unity, and so on all work because ridiculous shit happens in them that makes the crowd go wild. With bloodborne you'd just have conan getting killed over and over and the audience would just get bored of that.

If it has a gaping dragon type boss they could just play the cutscene and see his reaction.

stryke

Some of the coverage in IGN Firsts are so boring. Instead of a montage why can't we have the developer talk about each weapon?

mrjohill

Nah his buddy would help him lol

Qvoth

Whip/sword will be my main! Dual gun second.

this
but maybe i'll choose the axe in the beginning, it has higher base damage than sawcleaver based on the 18 minute demo but the swing speed isn't that much slower i feel in axe mode, while halberd mode gives you huge ass range

aly

Some of the coverage in IGN Firsts are so boring. Instead of a montage why can't we have the developer talk about each weapon?

I agree some of it is pretty boring (and short), but I can't blame them for developer thing, since that would be more on Sony/From controlling time and what they want to say. They've been keeping things pretty close to the chest about the whole game.

girl, I'm just hoping there's a Firelink Shrine moment. Love those greens and blue skies.

We've already seen other areas that are lit differently and have color, albeit keeping with the same brooding tone as Central Yharnam. The game is much more focused in aesthetic than Souls according to what weve seen so far.

tcrunch

What happened to the Scythe?

That was one of the coolest looking weapon.

I don't think they can fit all the weps into a 2min segment, nor is Sony/From letting them show everything. Note the repeated use of the alpha area and cleric beast theme.

ettoralk

Neo Member
Wasn't it supposed to be at night time? I mean, suddenly all these videos are showing a sunset kind of light instead of midnight or late evening...did i miss anything or what?

Is it part of the game? I mean that in the first part is sunset and later is gonna be night or they just changed it? The alpha was totally night!!!

Brohan

Wasn't it supposed to be at night time? I mean, suddenly all these videos are showing a sunset kind of light instead of midnight or late evening...did i miss anything or what?

Is it part of the game? I mean that in the first part is sunset and later is gonna be night or they just changed it? The alpha was totally night!!!

Possible day/night cycle.

Could even be linked to a system like world tendency from Demon Souls.

But Yeah, you are right, the alpha footage was nighttime.

doofy102

They're probably teasing something.

Costa

Neo Member
Can you transfer your character from the Xbox 360 and PS3 edition on dark souls 2, to Xbox 1 and ps4 version of dark souls 2 can't find any info on that

This game sure has a lot of brown / black colors
Sigh...
Well, what now? Not going to buy it? What is the reason you let us know that recognising two colours (well, one if you don't count black...) covers your entire knowledge of artdirection? It's nothing to brag about.

Costa

Neo Member
That's bs I should be able to transfer my characters just like Diablo 3 from old gen to current gen, then I won't buy it thanks for the info

Top Bottom