• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN hints at crappy unknown 2009 Wii exclusive (with a shit viral video)

Ok guys i am freaking out here, HELP MEEEE. When you advance the clip second by second from about 23 second until 31 seconds all i see is a blank video screen with just what looks like a rectangle with a circle drawn inside it on that video within the video. But if you play the video normally you get all those wierd symbols and other animation on it, WTF?????

EvilDick34 said:
Ok guys i am freaking out here, HELP MEEEE. When you advance the clip second by second from about 23 second until 31 seconds all i see is a blank video screen with just what looks like a rectangle with a circle drawn inside it on that video within the video. But if you play the video normally you get all those wierd symbols and other animation on it, WTF?????

Beware, if you continue watching a dead japanese girl will jump out of your screen!

I am serious guys, pause the video at 20 seconds and take your mouse pointer and advance the video one second at a time. Starting at 23 seconds in the upper left hand corner of the video in the video, what looks like a crude camera or dollar bill appears and stays on screen until 31 seconds..after that the video is normal...how is that possible? If you play the video at normal speed you do not see this object but rather the rest of the animation that occurs.

Amir0x

Banned
you guys still haven't realized we've been playing Nibris new Wii game this entire time. It's coming from inside the forum!

Fredescu said:
Germans + Archaeology looking stuff = Wolfenstein. Of course there's no fucking way it's that.

Thats exactly what I thought as well.

The clip does show a side scrolling shooter, maybe thats a hint.

Zohdom

Neo Member
From about 0.34 to 0.36 the screen is showing some kind of stylistic 2D shooter. Probably just some upcoming wiiware game.

EvilDick34 said:
I am serious guys, pause the video at 20 seconds and take your mouse pointer and advance the video one second at a time. Starting at 23 seconds in the upper left hand corner of the video in the video, what looks like a crude camera or dollar bill appears and stays on screen until 31 seconds..after that the video is normal...how is that possible? If you play the video at normal speed you do not see this object but rather the rest of the animation that occurs.
He's actually right, I see that camera.

Zohdom

Neo Member
Shadowlink123 said:
He's actually right, I see that camera.
Sliding the bar does not show every screen of the video. That camera is on the screen for a millisecond at about 0.32, and is incidentially the screen shown when the bar is slided between 0.21 and 0.32.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think this is a shot from it, but the video is a bit small so it's hard to tell:

s49o9w.png

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dragona Akehi said:
Crappy sadness-like "cinematography" and filter + 2D shooter stuff = Nibris.

So. Yes. Probably.
IGN were also the ones to keep the whole Sadness charade alive the longest...

Linkhero1

I've examined this video from 13 different angles and watched it at least 20 times from these 13 angles. Clearly what I can tell from watching it 20 times at each angle is that this game is a secret Wii game.

"Everything's going according to Keikaku"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Domain name is registered through an anonymous registration service.

Hosted on a virtual dedicated server from peer1 hosting, through a reseller called 50webs

No game-related servers on a reverse lookup of the IP, which makes sense.

I guess tomorrow I'll run a reverse lookup on all of 50webs's IP block and see if I get anything useful. Companies are normally silly enough to use the same host for all their stuff, so this is a pretty good avenue of exploration.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Stumpokapow said:
Domain name is registered through an anonymous registration service.

Hosted on a virtual dedicated server from peer1 hosting.

No game-related servers on a reverse lookup of the IP, which makes sense.

I guess tomorrow I'll run a reverse lookup on all of Peer 1's IP block and see if I get anything useful. Companies are normally silly enough to use the same host for all their stuff, so this is a pretty good avenue of exploration.
I think you accidentally typed "tomorrow" when you really meant "right now."

I really don't see the point. The only time a game like this is worth figuring out is with Atlus, and they at least are transparent enough to tell you "We're translating a new game, Guess Which One!"

Whenever it's an anonymous company putting a crappy-quality viral vid out, it's always going to end up being worthless. If it wasn't, it'd be a teaser from the company itself, rather than total anonymity.

I bet it's either Nibris, or, barring that, yet another small attempted start-up trying to fish for a publisher with this stunt.

Top Bottom