• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN Interview] Phil Spencer says Xbox Was 'Too Light on Games' in 2022, But a Big 2023 Could Await

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Fuck you mean "could"?

Kimahri

Banned
Blah blah blah.

Where’s the games Phil? When??
If you're too impatient to wait for may 2 you could always try the just released and balls to the walls awesome hifirush, last year's fantastic adventure games As Dusk Falls, Scorn and Pentiment, or have some fun shooting aliens in High on Life, to mention something.

There's far more, but I have a feeling you're gonna take this Xbox has no games fantasy of yours to the grave, so why bother?

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
This guy just wont stop talking and lying. He's incapable.
Give it up dude. The guy publicly OWNED the mistakes for 2022. If he wants to keep his job (I have no reason to believe he doesn't) he'll follow through for 2023. He knows he has to. And they've just released a super strong banger with more coming in just a couple of months.

It's funny how you guys will go on doubting Phil and Co. Calling them liars and "where's the games?" But then they make big dick moves and release brand new heavy hitters, and the rhetoric from naysayers NEVER changes. The only thing that moves are the goal posts.

Shits getting kinda wack! Ngl, bro.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I'm pretty happy with how the year has started for Xbox. Hi Fi Rush isn't exactly my kind of game, but that's really just me. Others are loving it and that can be recognized regardless of personal preference. I thought they had a damn good show this week as well. Redfall is coming in May. So yeah....I'm not going to complain. Good start.

But.......Starfield is the key to Microsoft's 2023, imo. They got to knock that one out of the park.

Hi-Fi Rush, quite literally one of the very best video games I've ever played, is right there for you to go play. The "where's the game" narrative is losing steam real fast because that game is it. It isn't just an amazing game. It's an all-time great game based on what I've played so far.
I really like HiFi Rush. It's a great game, amazing game. You all should play it, I played it it's great. I think you're gonna like it. It's made by some of the best developers in the world, Tango. Amazing people there at Tango great people. They're some of the best people . Wonderful people over there at Tango, i think you'd like them, very much. I like them. Check it out, HiFi Rush it's called. Probably going to win an award, it should win an award.

Hoppa

I really like HiFi Rush. It's a great game, amazing game. You all should play it, I played it it's great. I think you're gonna like it. It's made by some of the best developers in the world, Tango. Amazing people there at Tango great people. They're some of the best people . Wonderful people over there at Tango, i think you'd like them, very much. I like them. Check it out, HiFi Rush it's called. Probably going to win an award, it should win an award.
the chappelle show tyrone biggums GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
His answer to the Halo situation is baffling and a lot of this reads like an AI generated PR statement. Bah.
His answer is direct in the first sentence usually. Staying with 343. They will handle announcements. There are support studios.

The rest after the first sentence is trying to be nice to his beat down employees. Just read the thesis sentence. He answers pretty directly.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

First Half GIF

Some people still don't quite understand
When someone asks "Where are the games?" it mean AAA projects
Sorry, but Xbox can release at least 100 AA and indies, but this will not unlock the potential of the most powerful console in the world
You determine the value of what you want to play by how much money is poured into the game? Assassins Creed is AAA, Hi Fi is AA...does that make the release of Assassins more valuable to you because it cost 10x to make? This logic is why gaming is so stagnant, people only see value in how much a game cost to make, not the passion, ambition and passion put into it. Play the game not the spread sheet. You'll enjoy the medium much more.

Phil does nothing! He's just the mouthpiece for Microsoft higher ups. It would be the same shit no matter who was in charge because its the Same guys who put them there in the first place.

Last edited:
😆 😆 . you don't say.

exactly, is about the content. AND THE CONSISTENCY OF RELEASES OF SUCH QUALITY CONTENT.

something that MS has and keeps struggling for years. plus New IP creation and AAA development.

A little game being in development years before the acquisition by a subsidiary. is not an indication of anything; especially (and the reason for the reactions to Phill's statements) when he keeps saying the same thing and keeps falling.
Most publishers release 1-3 games a year 4 on a spectacular year. They got one out the way, last year was a poor year for them but so far they are off to a good start. It's like wanting your next meal while you're still finishing your current one. We have 3 games from them dated and two undated which will be 5 this year (Redfall, Legends, Hi-Fi , Starfield, Motorsport) Which is a good output for the year alone not counting what is probably unscheduled for fall. The content is already slated.

It's an indication of good content for their service...only important thing.

Most publishers release 1-3 games a year 4 on a spectacular year. They got one out the way, last year was a poor year for them but so far they are off to a good start. It's like wanting your next meal while you're still finishing your current one. We have 3 games from them dated and two undated which will be 5 this year (Redfall, Legends, Hi-Fi , Starfield, Motorsport) Which is a good output for the year alone not counting what is probably unscheduled for fall. The content is already slated.

It's an indication of good content for their service...only important thing.

you are missing the point. The discussion around MS/Xbox is about their poor management not only of studios but IP and the brand itself.

Bethesda (as a subsidiary) has its own management.

but what about the studios being under Xbox's management?:

blUKh4R.jpg

0hCTEK2.jpg

bVlS4bt.jpg
hC54HGl.jpg
YBoWHqY.jpg
Rt7mgM5.jpg

is something systematic at MS/Xbox.

Ansphn

Give it up dude. The guy publicly OWNED the mistakes for 2022. If he wants to keep his job (I have no reason to believe he doesn't) he'll follow through for 2023. He knows he has to. And they've just released a super strong banger with more coming in just a couple of months.

It's funny how you guys will go on doubting Phil and Co. Calling them liars and "where's the games?" But then they make big dick moves and release brand new heavy hitters, and the rhetoric from naysayers NEVER changes. The only thing that moves are the goal posts.

Shits getting kinda wack! Ngl, bro.
He also OWNED the mistake for the past 9 years. This is not the first time he said this stuff. It's been a decade of lying.

Dolodolo

You determine the value of what you want to play by how much money is poured into the game? Assassins Creed is AAA, Hi Fi is AA...does that make the release of Assassins more valuable to you because it cost 10x to make? This logic is why gaming is so stagnant, people only see value in how much a game cost to make, not the passion, ambition and passion put into it. Play the game not the spread sheet. You'll enjoy the medium much more.

I don't give a damn about all the ephemeral concepts that you painted here
The fact is that there are more people like me than people like you.
Namely, people who want to play the most technologically advanced games, on the most powerful console, which the hell was supposed to be the most powerful, with a game that probably has the most impressive graphics at the moment, and it still hasn't come out(Fucking Hellblade 2)

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
He also OWNED the mistake for the past 9 years. This is not the first time he said this stuff. It's been a decade of lying.
Again. Moving the goal posts. Phil hasn't been in charge for 9 years, man. And I dig how you just forget the man pulled the Xbox division from the depths of the ocean and convinced Microsoft to invest heavy in Xbox to where now, their a legitimate force in the industry now.

You guys will die on just about ANY sword to be right. Good grief!

Whatever, my boy. Have at it then...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Meh. I have every system except Xbox there's just no reason anymore.
And MS first party games haven't had my interest in a long time either. The only title I'm remotely interested in is the new Forza that just reportedly got delayed (I've never played Forza and this one looks interesting).
Otherwise, the only way MS is getting my money is if they bring the original Gears of War trilogy to Steam.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Blah blah blah.

Where’s the games Phil? When??

Phil Spencer is the boy who cried wolf at this point. Nobody believes you.
These gets passed as OK.
t

hey just released rush. They released more than sony in fact. 🤷‍♂️
Replying to the passed comments are console war bait...

The warnings should go both ways.

Anyways, I do agree that Spencer talks alot of shit. I also believe they will deliver games this year, but tbh I'm not really hyped about any of them.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Minus Forza, they would have had those games anyways, via third party.

Where is their legacy studios?
How many years down the road 1-2-3 maybe never like FF7 remake? That argument became invalid when Sony attempted to money hat every zenimax game. How's Sony’s year looking with out purchased studios *cough* insomniac and money hats? It goes both ways right now.

Top Bottom