• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

IGN Japan have published their top 10 Sega games of all time. Do you agree?

JonnyMP3

May 31, 2020
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 not being there is crazy. The hype that game brought worldwide says they really didn't take any of their own criteria seriously. There was a reason the day of release was called Sonic 2sday.
An argument could be made for Sonic the Hedgehog 1 as it was the game that made the Megadrive/Genesis and thus Sega the success it was back in the day. But Sonic Adventure? Really? What historical impact did that have compared to literally creating the company's mascot and turning him into a world wide cultural phenomena?

Reactions: Rran

Rran

Jan 2, 2013
amugsblog.blogspot.com
Where the heck is Skies of Arcadia? One of the best JRPGs ever and my personal favorite Sega game. The lack of Streets of Rage is a head-scratcher as well.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 not being there is crazy. The hype that game brought worldwide says they really didn't take any of their own criteria seriously. There was a reason the day of release was called Sonic 2sday.
An argument could be made for Sonic the Hedgehog 1 as it was the game that made the Megadrive/Genesis and thus Sega the success it was back in the day. But Sonic Adventure? Really? What historical impact did that have compared to literally creating the company's mascot and turning him into a world wide cultural phenomena?

I really don't get the love for Sonic Adventure. It wasn't even great when it launched, and it hasn't held up very well either. I still think Sonic 2 is the best game in the series.