• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN leak: Watch Dogs 2 launching November 15, iconic San Francisco setting confirmed

large.jpg

As indicated by the above image, a site banner over on IGN shows a release date of November 15th, 2016. It appears to have been uploaded a day early before the world reveal of Watch Dogs 2 on June 8th. Clicking the banner link directs the user right to Ubisoft's main website for the game where a countdown clock ticks down to the inevitable reveal trailer.

Link

kadotsu

Banned
Artisanal hacking. The microtransactions will be a transformative experience of real life gentrification.

Skux

The core gameplay was fine, and I always argue that Watch Dogs has the best third person gun combat of any open world game.

Just give us characters and a story that we can actually give a damn about and I'm good.

anothertech

So- do we believe the trailer this time?

It is only a matter of months this time, rather than years.

But you know, fool me once... Etc

big fake

Damn, now Ubisofts presser will suck! They ruined the surprise!

In all seriousness, San Francisco is kinda odd to me, I was expecting a Eastern City in this, something similar in the vain of the first games but better realized. Kinda curious at what they can show that won't be riddled with potential downgrades at the conference. Color me a quarter intreged.

Reszo

Lol they only had a day left for the trailer premiere and couldn't keep the release date from leaking.

Crumpo

Looks like Ubi is learning from past mistakes of showing too early...let's see what they've learned on the gameplay-side.

I will keep an open mind for this one.

rhandino

Banned
The core gameplay was fine, and I always argue that Watch Dogs has the best third person gun combat of any open world game.
No lies detected! The game was a joy to play and Aiden was quite fun to control.

Will miss him a bit.

Alucrid

Banned
i hope that you play as a disenfranchised silicon valley employee who then goes on a vigilante tear trying to bring down the evil tech companies

Galava

i hope that you play as a disenfranchised silicon valley employee who then goes on a vigilante tear trying to bring down the evil tech companies

The game is about hacking, if Silicon Valley doesn't appear in the game,s is a wasted oportunity.

Wow, maybe they'll tackle the hard questions of increasing class warfare and homelessness in one of the wealthiest cities the world, a divide that is increasingly driven by tech companies and lack of housing.

Lmao j/k they'll probably mention it a couple times in passing while you run around in your iconic jacket and hack iconic cable cars with your iconic uPhone before jumping off a tall building into a pile of homeless people to break your fall.

RoKKeR

Would this be one of the fastest turnarounds from announce to release for Ubisoft? Must be.

I'm glad this trend is gaining ground in the industry. I think we can thank Bethesda (?) for that one...

Some Nobody

Believe it or not: day one. They'll have to screw up to lose me because right now I'm all about having an actual modern day city to explore.

Wow, maybe they'll tackle the hard questions of increasing class warfare and homelessness in one of the wealthiest cities the world, a divide that is increasingly driven by tech companies and lack of housing.

Lmao j/k they'll probably mention it a couple times in passing while you run around in your iconic jacket and hack iconic cable cars with your iconic uPhone before jumping off a tall building into a pile of homeless people to break your fall.
That actually sounds interesting.

But it would require some thought and effort to write, so like you said "lmao."

jediyoshi

Good job IGN.

I can't get over how 'flat' that character design looks. I feel like I'm looking at a blue sheet of paper.

Mivey

Really hope that Aiden is somehow the antagonist in the game.
Would be fun if there was a Scooby Do-style reveal, where the Antagonist, who looks totally different than Aiden, pulls of a face-mask and reveals himself to be Aiden Pierce. "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky hackers!"
But that would mean Ubi had to hire writers with a sense of humor.

Top Bottom