• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Microsoft putting together a "AAAA" game studio

Jboemios

Banned
So everyone complains ms has no good games, ms goes out and tries to fill the void, and its still a bad idea?

At a certain point one has to wonder if these posts are from real people or are paid to flame every idea ms puts out.
They are not paid. They shill for free

killatopak

Gold Member
I know. Microsoft could have killed both games if they wanted, but they didn't.

Grounded, no idea but for Psychonauts they're contractually obligated to release them. Funding came from kickstarter so there's bound to be people who had already paid for the PS4 version.

Not really trying to shitpost on them, I do think MFS looks amazing, but the amount of top quality games coming out of their studios is few and far between right now, and now they are announcing a 'AAAA' studio when they stuggle to do a 'AAA' game is the problem. I have nothing against them at all, they just need to focus on their 'AAA' studios before coming up with a new 'AAAA' one.

I got you, AAAA thing is very derpy and I was being facetious. Their first party output overall has been very bad, but it has shown some signs of life with the occasional solid game and even great stuff like Ori and MFS. I don't think they have earned the benefit of the doubt, but there's still some hope. Though AAAA really was LMAAAAO.

I got you, AAAA thing is very derpy and I was being facetious. Their first party output overall has been very bad, but it has shown some signs of life with the occasional solid game and even great stuff like Ori and MFS. I don't think they have earned the benefit of the doubt, but there's still some hope. Though AAAA really was LMAAAAO.

I agree, I would love to see them crank out some good titles too, Ori and MFS both look awesome, definitely getting MFS for my PC, I have always love MFS and have been playing it since the MS-DOS days! I think anyone create a 'AAAA' studio is just ridiculous, I just feel it is marketing fluff and I would laugh at Sony if they did the same thing.

I agree, I would love to see them crank out some good titles too, Ori and MFS both look awesome, definitely getting MFS for my PC, I have always love MFS and have been playing it since the MS-DOS days! I think anyone create a 'AAAA' studio is just ridiculous, I just feel it is marketing fluff and I would laugh at Sony if they did the same thing.

Wasteland 3 looking pretty fantastic too. I think MS is trying too hard with the marketing, they should just let the games do the talking.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom