• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN names Journey 2012 Game of the Year

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Disclaimer: I am IGN's mobile games editor. Thought NeoGAF might be curious about the winners. IGN's overall picks for 2012 Game of the Year are now live:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012/Best_Overall_Game

WINNERS:

Action: Dishonored
Adventure: The Walking Dead
Fighting: Persona 4 Arena
Platfom: New Super Mario Bros. U
Puzzle: Crashmo
Racing: Trials Evolution
RPG: Mass Effect 3
Shooter: Far Cry 3
Sports: FIFA Soccer 13
Strategy: XCOM
Multiplayer: Halo 4
Graphics: Halo 4
Music: Journey
Sound: Halo 4
Story/Writing: The Walking Dead

BEST OVERALL GAME: Journey

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
But it's not a game. It's a walking simulator on the same tier as Dear Esther.

Black Ops II should have won for sure.

Derrick01

Banned
Don't agree with it but it's not ME3 or AC3 or Halo so I'll deal with it.

RPG: Mass Effect 3

By default pretty much. There wasn't really any other noteworthy RPG that didn't release in another year (sorry witcher 2, xenoblade and persona 4).

Shaffield

By default pretty much. There wasn't really any other noteworthy RPG that didn't release in another year (sorry witcher 2, xenoblade and persona 4).

mhm. I guess the other choice is Kingdom Hearts, which was good, but I imagine most people would pick ME3 over that

Sure. OK.

I can see why people would hate it but its definitely a special once in a few years type games so I can see it getting a few GOTY awards from major sites.

Its probably my 2012 GOTY as well but admittedly I haven't played a lot of 2012 games.

I would not call it "perfect" and a must play for everyone but after playing it twice I cant think of anything I would do to improve it which is a quality rarely seen.

I'd argue over Dishonored's position as an "Action" game (considering stealth is the only way to really play that game) - but otherwise, a pretty solid list.

Nice, It will make my own top 3 for sure.
lol no

Best art? Yeah.
Best experience? Sure.
Best music? Why not.

Best overall game? Hell no.

If you can agree with the first three statements I'm not sure why you have difficulty with the idea of it wining Game of the Year.

Starting to notice Persona 4 Arena picking up Fighting game of the year here and there.
Pretty sure it got the nod from Destructoid earlier this week too.

Mileena

Banned
Don't agree with it but it's not ME3 or AC3 or Halo so I'll deal with it.

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition?

They got like every category wrong though.

Top Bottom