• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast - Episode 37

MarkusRJR

Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast, Episode 37
House of the Dead Space?
by Daemon Hatfield

February 18, 2009 - Welcome to Nintendo Voice Chat. Matt Casamassina, Craig Harris, Bozon, and Daemon Hatfield are going to waggle their way into your hearts.

Lots to talk about this week. So much, in fact, that we almost ran out of time for listener mail. We blaze through several of your questions right at the end, though. Remember, you can e-mail us your questions.

We've got the first details on House of the Dead Space, and initial reader reaction is mixed.

High Voltage released its third WiiWare game, Evasive Space, this week. Matt discusses his review.

The DSi finally has an official price and date in North America. Which color are you preordering?

Plus, Mario & Luigi superfan Craig has been playing the latest in the series, and loves it.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/955/955108p1.html

Direct Link: http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/audio/article/955/955108/NintendoVoiceChatEpisode37.mp3

*starts downloading podcast* I can't wait to hear what they have to say about DS: E.

JDSN

Banned
Here is hoping for an extremely original impersonation of eastern European people that arent pleased with the existence of Dead Space Railz.

markatisu

They should have waited 1 more day to do the podcast because there have been some gems of bitching and crying in the Dead Space thread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They should remove the damn time limit on this thing, seriously.

markatisu said:
They should have waited 1 more day to do the podcast because there have been some gems of bitching and crying in the Dead Space thread.

The podcasts are recorded like two hours before they go up, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of Hater Voice™ Matt and Boz (specially Boz since he did a fricking editorial on the subject :lol) containted.

Listening now.

chase

Wait, Dead Space Wii is a rails shooter? Really? I guess you couldn't make this shit up. :lol *goes to find thread*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
chase said:
Wait, Dead Space Wii is a rails shooter? Really? I guess you couldn't make this shit up. :lol *goes to find thread*

1. Love your avatar. :lol

2. Miss that 1000+ post front-page thread huh? :lol

Chumly

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK
Nintendo Voice Chat podcast summary
February 18th, 2009 Posted in DS, News, Wii, Written by Valay DSi price + date (US)

- $169.99
- April 5
- Was close to Matt’s prediction
- Craig thought it would be $149, Matt said it would be $179
- Was going to be $179 but Nintendo decided to change it
- Bozon thinks it might have been helpful that the price got out there and then people freaked out
- Recap: Has 2 built-in cameras, built-in memory, SD card slot to save photos + AAC files
- Craig thinks it’s a cool system
- $40 more than the DS Lite - Daemon thinks that’s reasonable
- You are losing out on the GBA port + DS games that use the slot
- Red Octane won’t miss the boat on DSi - Craig believes they’re working on peripheral for Guitar Hero franchise on DSi
- Probably won’t make it so you can play the ones that already came out on the DSi
- Should upgrade if you have the first DS
- Bozon loves the d-pad on the DSi
- There are cool little things on the DSi like the ability to swap cartridges, if you hold down the select button and hold up or down you can adjust the brightness within a game
- Can update firmware
- Will have to deal with the mini-fridge problem like the Wii
- For the most part Craig thinks the DSi is a good step up but it’s not mindblowing
- Matt says it’s worth it
- No differences between Japanese + NA DSi systems
- No white color for launch
- Matt wishes there was white
- Craig surprised that Nintendo is offering two colors
- Bozon loves the black DSi but there are scuff marks
- Interface is much slicker
- Haven’t announced any DSiWare games for NA - will probably be more announcements from Iwata at GDC
- Last week Craig was shown the Japanese version of Wario Ware + one of the Art Style games

Rhythm Heaven

- Coming out on April 5
- Version Craig was shown had some of the music changed
- Music is the same but lyrics now in English
- Tap/stroke screen to beat of the song
- A lot of fun, visuals stylish
- Has a lot of personality
- Already sold a million in Japan

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

- Remake of the original Fire Emblem game that wasn’t released in NA
- Same game with updated visuals + modern features + extra prologue chapters
- Turn-based strategy game
- Nintendo trying to ease new players into it
- Still a very deep and challenging game
- Has online play with voice chat
- Can only take 5 units into online battle
- Daemon thought the game was great
- Bozon wishes it had sprite art

Mario & Luigi 3

- Visuals the same as previous 2 titles
- Hard to figure out what’s going on because it’s in Japanese
- Craig really digs the concept
- Bowser sucks up all of the characters, Mario and Luigi inside Bowser
- Wander around and wake Bowser up, then can control Bowser on the top screen
- There is a tutorial but it’s easy to follow
- You can figure it out if you buy the Japanese version but you won’t get the humor
- Craig guesses a May release for NA - Thinks the game is localized already
- Bozon would pay $100 for Soma Bringer in English
- Game is original

Suikoden DS

- Bozon really likes it
- Wishes he could turn VO off
- Has more voice work than any other DS game Bozon has played on DS
- Has a ton of random battles
- Daemon not a fan of random battles but he’s looking forward to the game
- It’s a lot of fun, Bozon still needs to play more of it
- Some sidequests really short
- Promising game that readers don’t seem to care about

Dead Space Extraction

- A little different from many were expecting
- It’s on-rails
- Will play like House of the Dead: Overkill (House of the Dead Space)
- Developed by Eurocom and EA
- Matt a big fan of Eurocom - have worked on NightFire, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
- Footage looked pretty good
- Someone watched it in the office and thought it was a Dead Space 2 trailer
- Matt thinks they’ve made a competent engine, character models look good overall
- Starts the storyline from first game
- A lot of people complaining about it being on-rails - might be trying to avoid comparison to 360
- Matt thinks it’ll be the best shooter on Wii when it arrives
- Daemon generally doesn’t like on-rail shooters - House of the Dead was an exception
- Want to make sound and story a big deal
- Coming out this year - Fall or Autumn game
- Matt would rather have an on-rail shooter Dead Space than no Dead Space on Wii
- Game’s producer said the game will have flying enemies
- Has been in development for a long time - more than a year already
- The game hurts just Wii-only owners

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

- Not all that excited, but when Daemon played it he found gameplay from 360 version still there
- Doesn’t look that great
- Not as many zombies as 360 version
- While you’re running, zombies just pop up out of nowhere
- Zombies stand around sometimes
- Now have multiple save slots
- Can’t take photos of zombies - weird gaming mechanic to remove
- Not as satisfying to tear zombies apart - blood not rendered as believably
- Would be better if it was an on-rails shooter (joke)
- More moderately priced as $40
- Some weapons have waggle control

- PR guy wants to show them a sweet new game

Life Force

- One of Daemon’s favorite shooters
- Spiritual sequel to Gradius
- Level design was awesome
- Awesome boss fights

Evasive Space

- High Voltage cranking out WiiWare games
- Better than the racing game
- Yukes publishing it
- Not a bad game
- Not a shooter
- About not running into things
- All infrared-based controls - ship flies to reticule - control feels lose
- Execution isn’t so good
- Never really know where you’re supposed to go
- Some people will like it
- There are online leaderboards, offline multiplayer mode
- Animales de la Muerte will be a retail game
- High Voltage probably has a little team working on WiiWare games

Onechanbara

- Totally average game
- Succeeds at being a guilty pleasure
- Bozon wishes motion wasn’t used for attacks
- Translation lazily done
- Don’t explain features
- Game fine for what it is
- Wii game getting average scores, 360 game getting terrible scores (they are different games)

Phantom Brave

- Officially being ported to the Wii
- Came out on PS2
- Adding new features, updating the graphics
- Coming out in June
- Can move units around freely within a circle

Knights in the Knightmare

- Atlus announced they’re bringing it over
- Bozon can’t wait
- Atlus going crazy about bringing games to the US

- Valkyrie Profile preview coming soon

MadWorld

- Have been playing it at a fair pace
- Definitely longer than 3 hours - About 5 hours in so far
- Matt loving it
- Everyone in the office who sees it does a double take
- Artistic and way gory
- Game gets pretty tough
- There are some major boss fights in the game that are challenging
- Matt recently beat a boss with a sliver of life left
- Great beat-em-up
- Game of the year contender
- Matt more excited about playing MadWorld than Resident Evil 5
- Publishers are absolutely watching this game
- If the game bombs, gamers are in trouble
- Matt will hate you if you can afford to buy the game and you rent it instead
- A sequel is possible if it sells well - sequels not always possible, even if it does sell well

Reader questions

- Should spend money to upgrade to DSi if you have original DS
- Will be doing full reviews for New Play Control games
- Retro Studios won’t enhance multiplayer for NPC! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
- Day and night cycles longer than Harvest Moon 64 + have more energy
- Editors at IGN can tell what a 60 FPS game is by looking at it - just takes experience
- Kirby Wii still showing up on release lists
- Nintendo will never remove friend codes but third parties will
- Bully like GTA without all of the language + sexual content

The Hermit

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

- Not all that excited, but when Daemon played it he found gameplay from 360 version still there
- Can’t take photos of zombies - weird gaming mechanic to remove
- Not as satisfying to tear zombies apart - blood not rendered as believably
- Would be better if it was an on-rails shooter (joke)
- More moderately priced as $40
- Some weapons have waggle control

:lol :lol

Yeah THIS game should´ve been on rails, not Dead Space :(

D-Pad

Suikoden DS - They sounded really positive about this title, which is good. I've had some money set aside for this title for a while now. :D "- Promising game that readers don’t seem to care about", indeed. :(

witness

Publishers really watching all three of these hardcore Sega games? I really really hope that people buy all these games. Here's to hoping that they can pull off CoD WaW type numbers at least...

justchris

witness said:
Publishers really watching all three of these hardcore Sega games? I really really hope that people buy all these games. Here's to hoping that they can pull off CoD WaW type numbers at least...

Honestly, a lot depends on how Sega markets it, and how hard a push they give them. The constant trailer releases and talk about Madworld is good for the hardcore audience, but no game truly succeeds on a hardcore audience alone. They need to get the casual gamer who would buy a Call of Duty or Resident Evil to know these games exist, and to want them.

Cipherr

I am in tears laughing here. Such a horrible horrible cash in. People really need to not buy this and just get the 360 version if you want DR.

markatisu

justchris said:
Honestly, a lot depends on how Sega markets it, and how hard a push they give them. The constant trailer releases and talk about Madworld is good for the hardcore audience, but no game truly succeeds on a hardcore audience alone. They need to get the casual gamer who would buy a Call of Duty or Resident Evil to know these games exist, and to want them.

Well they have been advertising the hell out of HoTD Overkill on a few big time cable networks, advertisment that REUC, HoTD 2/3 Retuns and Ghost Squad never got and were still very successful.

So if they can penetrate at least some of the "core" and build upon the already established base for the light gun games it should (in theory) provide very good results. Its already showing positive returns in the UK charting higher than any of the other games before it, but I am not sure what ads are going on over there since they got special edition bundles of the game as promotion

The fact that Madworld has a trailer on the HoTD Overkill disc and is attached to the current HoTD commericals, alongside the insert in the game case hailing The Conduit as an award winner probably means they are going to push all 3 very hard

J-Rock

Banned
MadWorld

- Have been playing it at a fair pace
- Definitely longer than 3 hours - About 5 hours in so far
- Matt loving it
- Everyone in the office who sees it does a double take
- Artistic and way gory
- Game gets pretty tough
- There are some major boss fights in the game that are challenging
- Matt recently beat a boss with a sliver of life left
- Great beat-em-up
- Game of the year contender- Matt more excited about playing MadWorld than Resident Evil 5
- Publishers are absolutely watching this game
- If the game bombs, gamers are in trouble
- Matt will hate you if you can afford to buy the game and you rent it instead
- A sequel is possible if it sells well - sequels not always possible, even if it does sell well

Sooooo goooood. And Matt actually said that if you have the money to buy this game but only rent it...your an asshole. :lol

Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop is exactly what I feared Dead Space for the Wii would end up being. A horrible, downgraded version that no one, not even people who haven't played the original, should buy. It looks and sounds completely terrible.

I know a lot of people are freaking out that Dead Space Extraction is a rail shooter but it's a brand new game built from the ground up for the Wii and it looks pretty damned good, I think, for the hardware it's on unlike the downgraded suckfest that Dead Rising sounds and looks like it's going to be. If Dead Space Extraction turns out to be a good game that gives me, someone who owns the original on an HD console, a reason to check it out.

jaundicejuice said:
Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop is exactly what I feared Dead Space for the Wii would end up being. A horrible, downgraded version that no one, not even people who haven't played the original, should buy. It looks and sounds completely terrible.

I know a lot of people are freaking out that Dead Space Extraction is a rail shooter but it's a brand new game built from the ground up for the Wii and it looks pretty damned good, I think, for the hardware it's on unlike the downgraded suckfest that Dead Rising sounds and looks like it's going to be. If Dead Space Extraction turns out to be a good game that gives me, someone who owns the original on an HD console, a reason to check it out.

I'm looking forward to Dead Space Extraction, but let's be honest: Dead Rising needed a massive downgrade because of its style of gameplay: cutting through hundreds of zombies on-screen at once. Whereas Dead Space uses narrow corridors and relatively few on-screen enemies at a time, and uses the same formula as RE4, which worked on Wii.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Htown said:
guys.

Animales de la Muerte is going to be a FULL RETAIL GAME.

YES

doubt it.

As far as I can tell the source here is that HVS has announced that they can't fit it on WiiWare. I don't think there's any evidence that this necessarily means it'll be full retail. I'd think it'd be more likely that the project is shelved for the time being.

I'm not sure which publisher would pick up something like AdlM as a full retail game, but they'd have to be nuts. Especially given that there's already been a multiplayer colourful animals (sort of) kill each other game this generation... and it bombed... and only GameCock was foolish enough to publish it.

markatisu

Stumpokapow said:
doubt it.

As far as I can tell the source here is that HVS has announced that they can't fit it on WiiWare. I don't think there's any evidence that this necessarily means it'll be full retail. I'd think it'd be more likely that the project is shelved for the time being.

I'm not sure which publisher would pick up something like AdlM as a full retail game, but they'd have to be nuts. Especially given that there's already been a multiplayer colourful animals (sort of) kill each other game this generation... and it bombed... and only GameCock was foolish enough to publish it.

Actually the HVS person who was interviewed said it would not fit on WiiWare and was moved to a full retail release (their own words), but no publisher was announced in that interview. I would imagine that Data Design Interactive would publish it at worst, they pretty much publish anything on the Wii and HVS is going to finish the game with their own money so its not like the publisher will have to do anything but put it out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Htown said:
guys.

Animales de la Muerte is going to be a FULL RETAIL GAME.

YES

Old news.

That said although I was never going to buy AdlM, I think $50 is a much harder pill to swallow no matter how you look at it.

AniHawk

Andrex said:
Old news.

That said although I was never going to buy AdlM, I think $50 is a much harder pill to swallow no matter how you look at it.

What it if the pill is a suppository? You wouldn't have to look at it at all.

Well, guess what, Matt? MadWorld IS going to bomb. HARD. And if that is going to dismay publishers, than they deserve to go down in flames for their stupidity. *writes matt an e-mail*

MadWorld and, to a lesser extent, The Conduit are such stupid games to be on Wii. They are 360/PS3-esque games, precisely the type of games that are trending downwardly. But whatever. They just don't get it, yet.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Is Life Force a virtual console Wii game or a DS game? I loved the NES version as a kid.

(edit and I think Madworld has a pretty good chance for success if it gets the kind of push that HotD Overkill has gotten)

AniHawk

TheGrayGhost said:
Well, guess what, Matt? MadWorld IS going to bomb. HARD. And if that is going to dismay publishers, than they deserve to go down in flames for their stupidity. *writes matt an e-mail*

NMH didn't bomb and it didn't sell a lot, but going off of the talent they have behind MadWorld, it'll probably be a Zack & Wiki affair.

Might not deter Sega, though. They've been exceedingly kind to the Wii this gen.

TheGrayGhost said:
MadWorld and, to a lesser extent, The Conduit are such stupid games to be on Wii. They are 360/PS3-esque games, precisely the type of games that are trending downwardly. But whatever. They just don't get it, yet.

I don't think there's a fanbase for these games on the Wii because no one's tried to build one yet outside of Capcom. And I don't think those genres are on their way out, or necessarily have to be, as much as the type of systems that they usually find success on are.

Huh. There's gotta be a better way of wording that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheGrayGhost said:

I'm going to ignore the fact that my sarcasm meter is blinking furiously to say this:

I think MadWorld will do at least better than the first No More Heroes, and with all the Internet supermagic fairy powder, it could even do a million worldwide. Hopefully good word of mouth spreads this game far and wide, and hopefully publishers don't take the first month of its sales as the definitive reception of the title.

AniHawk said:
I don't think there's a fanbase for these games on the Wii because no one's tried to build one yet outside of Capcom. And I don't think those genres are on their way out, or necessarily have to be, as much as the type of systems that they usually find success on are.

I actually think The Conduit will do well, but it would do great if it didn't appear as if it were the little brother of a 360 FPS. It'll probably do a good million, almost two million, but I think the genre has potential to sell as much as the heavy-hitters on the DS and Wii if it would only tap into that "gaming for everyone" philosophy that games like NSMB, WiiFit, and MKWii have captured. I also think the genre would be much more fun, interesting, and creative for it.

TheGrayGhost said:

Just like No More Heroes bombed? Oh wait, NMH went on to become the best selling game Grasshopper has made to date at near 400K (last I saw).

I'm not predicting whether or not if MadWorld will be a commercial bomb or a smashing success but I hope it does well, which leads me to ask what is your deal? What koolaid have you been quaffing? The Wii can have software that appeals to all of the various audiences, "core" gamers included. Kindly take your dogma and piss off.

Andrex said:
I think MadWorld will do at least better than the first No More Heroes, and with all the Internet supermagic fairy powder, it could even do a million worldwide. Hopefully good word of mouth spreads this game far and wide, and hopefully publishers don't take the first month of its sales as the definitive reception of the title.

We'll see how things play it out.

I just wish developers and publishers designed their games with a more consumer-centric approach as opposed to an experience-centric approach. With the former, success is often guaranteed. Miyamoto lets others play his games so that he knows what to adjust and change, his ego never gets in the way of what others think is fun. This is a consumer-centric approach. It seems like the developers of games like The Conduit and Madworld, however, give no consideration or thought to this approach, and I think this is why they will not succeed. People read my posts and think I'm just a sales-age poster, concerned only with business strategy, but I honestly think that taking the consumer-centric approach will result in more interesting and fun games.

jaundicejuice said:
Just like No More Heroes bombed? Oh wait, NMH went on to become the best selling game Grasshopper has made to date at near 400K (last I saw).

I'm not predicting whether or not if MadWorld will be a commercial bomb or a smashing success but I hope it does well, which leads me to ask what is your deal? What koolaid have you been quaffing? The Wii can have software that appeals to all of the various audiences, "core" gamers included. Kindly take your dogma and piss off.

I'm just saying, did they ever think to themselves what would be most fun (and therefore, most successful) for DS/Wii owners to play? Or did they just decide to make a very violent game with a black-and-white visual motif for the heck of it?

And, again, this isn't just a numbers game for me, I think the games would be better off with a more Miyamoto-esque development strategy.

Lavpa Jasai said:
- Day and night cycles longer than Harvest Moon 64 + have more energy

Wtf does this mean...?

Haha. Love those summs.

We were talking about Rune Factory. The question was "Harvest Moon 64 is the only one I've played, but days seem too short. Would I get into Rune Factory Wii?"

My answer was that yes, he'd get into the game still. Days feel longer, and you can head to bath houses to regain full stamina once each day. Also, this game is cool. ;)

-Boz

TheGrayGhost said:

I just wish developers and publishers designed their games with a more consumer-centric approach as opposed to an experience-centric approach. With the former, success is often guaranteed. Miyamoto lets others play his games so that he knows what to adjust and change, his ego never gets in the way of what others think is fun. This is a consumer-centric approach. It seems like the developers of games like The Conduit and Madworld, however, give no thought or consideration to this approach, and I think this is why they will not succeed. People read my posts and think I'm just a sales-age poster, but I honestly think that taking the consumer-centric approach will result in more interesting and fun games.
There's nothing wrong with the experience-based approach if you're milking a cash cow and see it for what it is - you're aware that you aren't going to get long-term growth out of it. Both Madworld and the Conduit look to hit an underserved market here and look to hit it hard, but we shouldn't expect Wii Fit type numbers.

While I'd like to see both do well, I'm hoping Madworld gets the better of it.

Wow did Capcom even try when they were porting Dead Rising for the Wii? I bet we will see more ports like Lost Planet and stuff from Capcom. I just hope they make more Original games built for the Wii.

EDarkness

TheGrayGhost said:

I just wish developers and publishers designed their games with a more consumer-centric approach as opposed to an experience-centric approach. With the former, success is often guaranteed. Miyamoto lets others play his games so that he knows what to adjust and change, his ego never gets in the way of what others think is fun. This is a consumer-centric approach. It seems like the developers of games like The Conduit and Madworld, however, give no consideration or thought to this approach, and I think this is why they will not succeed. People read my posts and think I'm just a sales-age poster, concerned only with business strategy, but I honestly think that taking the consumer-centric approach will result in more interesting and fun games.

You forget one single piece of information...people actually like games such as Madworld and The Conduit. There's no reason for there not to be variety on the system. Nothing against Miyamoto, but he doesn't really make games I want to play anymore.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
There's nothing wrong with the experience-based approach if you're milking a cash cow and see it for what it is - you're aware that you aren't going to get long-term growth out of it. Both Madworld and the Conduit look to hit an underserved market here and look to hit it hard, but we shouldn't expect Wii Fit type numbers.

While I'd like to see both do well, I'm hoping Madworld gets the better of it.

This a good point, not every game needs to be a mega-hit like NSMB and MKWii. However, I still think that when the gaming landscape has totally been disrupted in several years, and the "old ways" are "relics," this approach will be key to any kind of success.

EDarkness said:
You forget one single piece of information...people actually like games such as Madworld and The Conduit. There's no reason for there not to be variety on the system.

This is all true. But what I'm saying is, if you're developer/publisher trying to achieve real, sustainable success, games like The Conduit and Madworld are not the right way to go about it.

TheGrayGhost said:
This a good point, not every game needs to be a mega-hit like NSMB and MKWii. However, I still think that when the gaming landscape has totally been disrupted in several years, and the "old ways" are "relics," this approach will be key to any kind of success.
Changing the development practices of all these businesses is a tall order, especially given that not all companies are set up like Nintendo or Blizzard. I think we'll see a gradual move toward that direction eventually, but the fact is that most dev companies are still developing games using a modified waterfall model with a few feedback loops for two simple reasons:

1) It makes it much easier to manage things like deadlines, budgets and resource allocation
2) Managers, due to their training, are often more effective dealing with tangible resources and people. They don't like having to mess about with such esoteric ideas such as quantifying or managing risk

I think the industry will, like nearly all other industries, be pushed forward by a few trailblazers with competitors going in after them and selling to the markets the pioneers create. There's still money to be made in a red ocean - you just have to settle for less than the blue.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheGrayGhost said:
This is all true. But what I'm saying is, if you're developer/publisher trying to achieve real, sustainable success, games like The Conduit and Madworld are not the right way to go about it.

Sure it is, if there is a big enough audience for it

This just in, FPSs to become extinct. Millions of copies of Halo and CoD returned to stores!

You remind me a little of LanceStern, save instead of 300k being the arbitrary marker for success, its what Nintendo is doing. Nobody can be successful outside the Nintendo business model!

HK-47 said:
Sure it is, if there is a big enough audience for it!
He's right, in that the audience will eventually contract too much, making the product unprofitable or give you small margins (See: Point n Click Adventure Games, 2D platformers etc.).

Still, I disagree with him that the Blizzard/Nintendo way is the only way. An industry needs followers just as much as it needs trailblazers. The trick is knowing when to bail out of an unprofitable/shrinking market and where the industry needs to move.

Rhythm Heaven

- Coming out on April 5
- Version Craig was shown had some of the music changed
- Music is the same but lyrics now in English

- Tap/stroke screen to beat of the song
- A lot of fun, visuals stylish
- Has a lot of personality
- Already sold a million in Japan
Glad this got sorted out ASAP. Barring some major music travesty it looks like it'll remain a day one purchase for me.

Excellent points, viciouskillersquirrel. I'm a little less mad at developers and publishers.

HK-47 said:
This just in, FPSs to become extinct.

I get this a lot, and I'm not sure why. The disruption model projects that the XBOX 360/PS3 will be decimated and forgotten in due time, but that doesn't mean that genres that were successful on those consoles will cease to be so. It just means that these genres will have to be reshaped in accordance with the disruption. The FPS will not go away, but how games are made within the genre will have to change. This what Nintendo is attempting to do with its games. (Although others have argued with me on this, I think NSMB, PH, and MKWii are the first three Nintendo legacy games to be reshaped in the disruption.)

HK-47 said:
Nobody can be successful outside the Nintendo business model!

Right now, that seems to be the case.

Top Bottom