• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN/NVC: Nintendo Voice Chat: The Road to Zelda: Ocarina of Time with 8-4 Play

Tripon

IGN's Nintendo show returns with a pair of special guests from the far east! Host Jose Otero and Peer Schneider are joined by John Ricciardi and Mark MacDonald -- Both are former members of the press who work at 8-4 LTD, a company that specializes in localization and promotion of video games. The crew kicks off the show with a discussion about Nintendo's hip social app Miitomo and Pokemon's big sales milestone.

After the break, the crew takes a deep dive into history and resurrects an old IGN column called Hyrule Times as a special segment for NVC. Join Jose, Peer, Mark and John as they recall video games of the late '90s and the road to Nintendo's epic N64 masterpiece, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. We'll be recording more focused episodes as part of this Hyrule Times series. Some will hone our conversations on individual games, while others will focus on new information about the next Legend of Zelda as it is revealed by Nintendo.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/18/nintendo-voice-chat-the-road-to-zelda-ocarina-of-time

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/9/0/c/90c...58395344&hwt=a26b0b3d87f88008b203e721c378bf00

NINTENDO VOICE CHAT RULES!!

I ALREADY LISTENED TO THIS EPISODE YESTERDAY. IT WAS PRETTY GOOD. JOSE SAID THERE'S AN EARTHBOUND ONE COMING OR SOMETHING TOO.

The week before Nintendo Voice Chat: Tales from the Nintendo Treehouse might also be worth a listen too (note: former treehouse & IGN writer).

I sat and enjoyed the whole podcast and at the veeeeeery end they had to pander to the female Link meme. Seriously, why even bring it up?

joseotero

Neo Member
I sat and enjoyed the whole podcast and at the veeeeeery end they had to pander to the female Link meme. Seriously, why even bring it up?

No one was pandering to a female Link meme, shredhead. :) John shared his opinion and we supported him on it. I think it's silly that some people can't take the idea of Link as a female. We're clearly open to it, but it's not the end of the world when it comes up in conversation. You're entitled to whatever you believe, but don't call it pandering.

Anth0ny

Great episode, two of my favorite podcasts coming together.

It was great to hear Mark and John reminisce about the good old days, first with Jeff Gerstmann and now with Peer. Always interesting to hear those stories.

Saw this yesterday and quite enjoyed the stories and experiences you guys shared, great stuff Jose!

I left a comment on YouTube about this, but I was dying when Peer dropped your water off the table lmfao. Hilarious, I like the dynamic between you two, especially when the PASSION gets high :b

joseotero

Neo Member
Saw this yesterday and quite enjoyed the stories and experiences you guys shared, great stuff Jose!

I left a comment on YouTube about this, but I was dying when Peer dropped your water off the table lmfao. Hilarious, I like the dynamic between you two, especially when the PASSION gets high :b

I adore Peer. I'm really grateful he makes time for the show.

Mudron

Just started listening to the episode, but the mention of EGM's Hyrule Times had me flashing back like the food critic at the end of Ratatouille. That issue of EGM was an all-time great.

john tv

Only person talking about a meme here is you. :) I said (and I meant) that I would love it if Link were a female in the new Zelda. Or if the player at least had a choice. A female Link would be badass IMO!

Thanks for listening!

joseotero

Neo Member
Just started listening to the episode, but the mention of EGM's Hyrule Times had me flashing back like the food critic at the end of Ratatouille. That issue of EGM was an all-time great.

Thanks for listening. Just to clarify: IGN wrote Hyrule Times. EGM wrote Hyrule Tattler in the December 1998 issue. It was great.

6JLGqvp

Top Bottom