• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN on Monster Hunter 4U: "a really pretty game to look at, nailed down the controls"

IGN Hands On: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2IzeebJEtk

4Gamer Gameplay Clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffUIcnZkq8s

Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/first-hands-on-with-the-new-nintendo-3ds-1636158482

Pictures cannot do it justice, but Monster Hunter 4G looked utterly fantastic on the portable.

2gcb6bp.jpg

Famitsu has confirmed that the game has improved loading times if you play it on the New 3DS. It begins.

Capcom has also added A LOT of stuff to the game (nerd MH stuff), they have also improved the online mode in many ways.

Finally, there's a new series of free DLC called "Episode Quests", featuring Chacha and Kayamba from MH3U! More details to be released in the future.

MH4U is coming out in early 2015 exclusively for 3DS, you can pre-order the CE here.

Mupod

I guess we're not cool enough to get a special New 3DS MH bundle. But I'm getting one as soon as they're available in NA, and it's good to hear that at least we get faster loadtimes. Loadtimes are so important in MH I bought 3U on the eshop just to shorten them by a miniscule amount.

Orayn

So wait, have any changes been made to the controls besides the camera being fully analog now? He talked about assigning stuff to buttons and I was kinda curious about what exactly was meant by that.

Because MH3 on Wii U was that good.

I contend that it had a bit of input lag and the framerate was worse in some areas, but otherwise yeah. It looked great, controlled well, and online play was a pretty important addition.

Peru

Of course it looks great in action. Just need the new nub out by the time it's released in the west.

impact

Banned
Because MH3 on Wii U was that good.

My comment was aimed at people who still have no clue that 4U means Ultimate and not Wii U. If they don't know by now, they clearly don't care about this series. Trust me, I want the game on Wii U myself and probably won't play it till it comes out there.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
When did Famitsu confirm the loading times are better on New 3DS?

Read 4 U... thought similar to NSMBU.
Disappointed.gif

Can't wait to play it on my 3DS, though. I routinely put 70+ hours into these games

My comment was aimed at people who still have no clue that 4U means Ultimate and not Wii U. If they don't know by now, they clearly don't care about this series. Trust me, I want the game on Wii U myself and probably won't play it till it comes out there.

To be honest the naming scheme (including Japanese/west name differences) and release schedule of Monster Hunter games can be very confusing for newcomers, even after a bit of Googling.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is there any confirmation of the New 3DS giving the game some new AA or something yet, because MH4 and "pretty" are not word bedfellows I choose to believe come together in any circumstance.

Peru

Is there any confirmation of the New 3DS giving the game some new AA or something yet, because MH4 and "pretty" are not word bedfellows I choose to believe come together in any circumstance.

Have you played the game (or MH4)? It looks gorgeous and runs smooth as butter on the 3DS. Same goes for every hands on report. Screenshots do not represent the game's looks. One of the best looking handheld games.

Dizzy

Banned
That looks a lot less clunky than 3. Still playing through 3 at the moment though. 100 hours in and still nowhere near done.

Any news on how exactly they improved the online? Host migration, bigger rooms...
I would link you to the source but they have lots of scans.

Basically: better room setup, search filters, kick people and text chat.

As for host migration, that was already fixed in MH4, and I'm gonna guess rooms are still up to 4 players.

also

Banned
I would link you to the source but they have lots of scans.

Basically: better room setup, search filters, kick people and text chat.

As for host migration, that was already fixed in MH4, and I'm gonna guess rooms are still up to 4 players.

Thanks.
So it'll be basically the same as 3U :/
I hope you can at least change the room's target monster and switch armor without having to go to a separate area.

Maybe it's not the best place to ask, but for MH4 in general, if you have 3 people, can anyone bring in a felyne? I always felt in 3U that 3 people was the worst group you could possibly have for a hunt.

Sir TapTap

Good looking 3DS and I don't even like this series.

...I kinda hope the New 3DS XL doesn't have the "limited edition for each and every single game" thing going for it though.

Man...I went from going so excited to not caring after no Wii U version was announced back to being super hyped about it. I'm gonna pick up a New3DS just for this along with special edition. Cant wait!

Top Bottom