• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X: 6 Months Later

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart will make it 7 exclusives that the PS5 has released, Guilty Gear Strive also releasing in June will make it 8
And for most people neither has yet to have any games. List warriors will do you little good. The fact you listed Guilty Gear just shows your one of the boiz projecting your war behavior over the general population.

Both consoles are selling out so this mentality doesn't really work anyway.

Riky

$MSFT
Right so you play and buy third parties (3 of those games aren’t in game pass meaning you’ve spent at least 180 past gamepass to get new games you want to play already) and play beefed up older games. On ps5 I play third parties on a far superior controller, still have bc with many games running significantly better, and most importantly have titles like returnal, demons souls, Astro bots, and ratchet that bring actual next gen experiences to me and offer a feeling of 500 well spent. I wonder, once pc parts cheapen (which should be when the new consoles are in stock anyway) what reason there will even be to purchase an Xbox series console. Microsoft is blurring the lines and PCs do all of the feature Xbox is pushing better,

My favourite controller is the Elite V2 because of the back paddles, again if you're playing online that's a big deal, that's just personal preference, having VRR and 120hz feels very much next gen to me.
I have four Series consoles around the house and can move my games easily, I couldn't have four gaming PC's around the house in the same way. Series S is a great bedroom console being so small and quiet.
Like I said in my original post the arrival of the games from 23 first party studios will complete the jigsaw but you invest in a console for the long term so I'm content so far.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
And for most people neither has yet to have any games. List warriors will do you little good. The fact you listed Guilty Gear just shows your one of the boiz projecting your war behavior over the general population.

Guilty Gear Strive looks really good you should check out some gameplay videos it looks like an anime

PS5 is building a nice lineup already, no matter the attempts to downplay it

It was likely because of the pattern of behavior in the past couple days. Same reason I got banned (I think).
Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I think people should be allowed to have some banter here; no need to be so stuck up and ban people for making jokes. Sony or MS is no ones mother/ father/ relative and people should not be upset about others joking about them, in my opinion.

lol @ anyone who still buys xtrash over God's gift to humans PS5

A buffet where on the menu is piss and shit and AIDs

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I think people should be allowed to have some banter here; no need to be so stuck up and ban people for making jokes. Sony or MS is no ones mother/ father/ relative and people should not be upset about others joking about them, in my opinion.

I think it started with this poster. Then they decided to clean the house.

skit_data

Xbox has done a really great job with their BC, Gamepass and framerate doubling black magic. As a PS4 owner I would see great value buying a Series X and enjoy several of their first party titles from previous gen.

But, for each first party game Playstation Studios releases the Series X looks less tempting, because it’s sorely missing on the Xbox side. These games provide new experiences that I could not experience to any degree on my previous console.

One thing I think people don’t take into account when discussing these topics is that many people chose to go with PS4 instead of X1 last gen and if they have a digital library will be tied to that manufacturer. Even if you go for a Series X and it’s supreme BC abilities, you will miss out on a ton of your precious backcatalog on your PS console.

This is one of the first generation my library of games consists to 90% of digital purchases, making a switch to a new platform less attractive. This is a factor I suspect might have a bigger impact than most people anticipate. The days of the X1 will unavoidably haunt this generation for Xbox for this reason, it was truly the wrong time to lose footing in terms of market share.

Last edited:
Ah, you sad that the mods finally took some action against your Sony fanboy friends. They’ll be back unfortunately. I am surprised to see you fly under the radar again.
No I quoted you before they banned 4 people, one of them an obvious troll alt. Neither could I care less.

Aw What’s the matter, don’t like your hypocrisy being called out? Fly under the radar? Why exactly would I be banned. 🤣

Sad that you like cheer on and demand people be banned though. Like I said, hope you apply the same standard across the board..

Last edited:
Guilty Gear Strive looks really good you should check out some gameplay videos it looks like an anime

PS5 is building a nice lineup already, no matter the attempts to downplay it
And a niche few will buy it as usual. Stop with the console list wars and projecting.

As I said before, last I checked both consoles were selling out. Both.

Jokerevo

Banned
XsX desperately needs its own exclusive. With everything available on PC I have zero reason to spend money on the machine.

Where is the killer, AAAA, must-play,must-own,must-buy APP? Where is it?

XsX in it's current state is outpaced by PC in every single way because at the end of the day every console needs a stable of IP's that are experiences only available to that machine. The last time MS achieved this was the 360 and ever since then....wow....literally fell of a cliff like GoT s8.

I mean, when I look at ps5 I know there is a shitstorm of quality coming in the next 3 years but on XsX? Starfield? Nope it's on PC. TES 6...nope...nope nope nope.

At this rate I've got a much higher chance of buying the next iteration of the Switch so I can play BOTW2. Come on MS. Wake up. The only way we're gonna see those 12flops fully utilised is in an exclusive and I mean XsX. Nothing for that Xss that is only gonna drag big bro down.

And a niche few will buy it as usual. Stop with the console list wars and projecting.

As I said before, last I checked both consoles were selling out. Both.
Whats wrong with niche games?

Exactly both PS5 consoles are selling out. Both of them.

fcpTOdL.png

ZywyPL

Banned
Anyone who has either of the console cannot deny how great upgrade 60FPS and fast loadings are. The next-gen only titles (which itself doesn't guarantee a game will be any good) will eventually show up, give them some time, but so far so good.

richdot

Neo Member
I have both and still unsure which one to keep I have a good set of mates on either console but I would like to keep the one with the most FPS in the upcoming games like say a new cod and battlefield. without fan boys jumping in on this I know xbox series x has upped to 120 on "old games" but the newer stuff PS5 seems to have more stable FPS due to lower res do we think this is basically how it will play out between the 2 consoles in time? xbox will push higher res slightly worse FPS ?

mrmeh

Lol ...was this a trap thread..

I don't get why people need to make up dumb names for each others consoles ..just because you love your machine doesn't mean you need to hate on someone else's. Have a word with yourselves...

I guess if I had to sum up after 6 months the unique selling points

PS5: a Few great actual next gen(exclusive) games.
Xbox: Game pass, excellent back compat.

Let's see what happens over summer, though I'm still waiting for some truly next gen games to hit my Series, its a soooo much better experience than my One X and have been loving it.
PS 5 owners seem to be enjoying their beast as well which is great.

MistBreeze

Both consoles are great and doing different things

I own ps5 only cause it has the games for now that I want to play simple as that

I may buy series x down the road depending in halo infinite and if there are other games that interest me

also to play my old x360 games enhanced

Dodkrake

Banned
PS5 is doing better in the exclusive games department. While I haven't really been impressed with any so far, at least they're trying. There's new content there at least, which is more than I can say for the Series.

They are not trying, they are delivering.

The XBX is doing better pretty much everywhere else though. Gamepass is better than anything the PS5 has comparatively. The UI is better than the PS5. Performance is superior to the PS5 almost across the board at this point, and that gap will likely continue to grow.

Performance is superior when multiplats are either slightly higher res / or a couple % points to either the Xbox or the PS5, depending on game? And why will this continue to grow? Do you think SDK's are static on Sony's camp and evolve on Microsoft's camp?

Both systems have their benefits and drawbacks. While it could go either way, I think the XB Series has a higher upside. The PS5 dualsense didn't impress me, and so many broken triggers doesn't bode well going forward. The PS5's storage solution has been disappointing as well. Sony can correct any of these issues in the future, but at this point there's no indication of it. On the other side, MS has only the single issue of games to correct, and there's ample evidence to suggest that they're working on it.

Broken triggers? Storage solution?

On the first, this must be a fairly small contained issue that didn't make it to first page on gaming pages on Reddit and even Gaf. Your regular 3% fail rate, most likely. In my company there are at least 20 to 30 acquaintances with PS5's and so far no issues with either the Dualsense and the console itself. That's already a decently sized pool, especially because they are scattered across the globe.

As for the second, there is an indication for it, they will unlock the storage once there are SSD's that meet their criterion (or have been thoroughly tested, I suppose).

I think E3 will tell us a lot. If it gives us a clear and positive indication of games coming to the XB Series consoles, then I'd say they're clearly better option going forward. If it's vague, and doesn't show much content coming, then I'd say the PS5 has the potential to be the better option.

It's always E3. Don't worry, you'll likely see 3 or 4 games running on "Hardware with similar specs to the XSX", as normal.

Blond

Banned

Well Guilty Gear Strive isn’t coming to Xbox so how the hell is it projecting? But at least you have Power Rangers on Gamepass I guess lol

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Or rather unappreciative. They are both literally giving away games for free lol.

"Literal" is a big word though..
Is Microsoft "literally" giving away games? Honest question.
I know Sony is indeed literally giving away the games from the Play at Home program, where people can just add those games to their library for free without having to pay any subscription.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Oof if that first page was anything to go by this is gonna be a very entertaining topic...

I read the first page yesterday and knew by the time i got up this morning the mods gattling gun would be reloading.
Im guessing this topic still gonna be a warzone of Xbox vs PS5 vs Mods with by this point a tank.
Console war topics like this are guaranteed to lead to some bans and deleted posts
Like mine

IGN really should have waited for atleast their first year to be finished before making this clearly consolewarrish video.

i have no doubt that both consoles will deliver amazing gaming experiences over the next couple of year. the comedy gold along the way will be hilarious as well. soak it up chaps!

Leyasu

Banned
No I quoted you before they banned 4 people, one of them an obvious troll alt. Neither could I care less.

Aw What’s the matter, don’t like your hypocrisy being called out? Fly under the radar? Why exactly would I be banned. 🤣

Sad that you like cheer on and demand people be banned though. Like I said, hope you apply the same standard across the board..
Cheer on bans… They are long fucking overdue for some people on here.

Call out my hypocrisy all you want. But better yet, go into my post history and put something up of me cheering on the Xbox fanboys in Sony threads. I’ll wait.

Don’t worry though, your brethren will be back soon. You will have to fight on with less support for a bit.

richdot

Neo Member
I have both and still unsure which one to keep I have a good set of mates on either console but I would like to keep the one with the most FPS in the upcoming games like say a new cod and battlefield. without fan boys jumping in on this I know xbox series x has upped to 120 on "old games" but the newer stuff PS5 seems to have more stable FPS due to lower res do we think this is basically how it will play out between the 2 consoles in time? xbox will push higher res slightly worse FPS ?
right? wrong?

Riky

$MSFT
right? wrong?

It's hard to say, could be an engine by engine thing. You've got Halo and Perfect Dark coming to Xbox though so if you're into online multiplayer FPS then maybe that might sway you.

Last edited:

richdot

Neo Member
It's hard to say, could be an engine by engine thing. You've got Halo and Perfect Dark coming to Xbox though so if you're into online multiplayer FPS then maybe that might away you.
hmm I can remember back in the xbox one x and ps4 pro same thing happened to most games ... ps4 pro more stable FPS but lower res / visuals.

MonarchJT

Banned
after PS1 ps2slim x360 and ps3 ..i bought the PS4 before the xbox one (i bought just the one x down the line)..but i don't feel to buy the PS5 . gamepass is revolutionary and the series x is better designer system ...and also more powerful

manfestival

Is there any equivalent to Ryse Son of Rome this generation from either party? To elaborate, a short game that is ultimately a glorified tech demo.

Currently without any of the current consoles but I am planning on picking one up in like a year or so when the libraries have grown a bit more.

Pallas

I haven’t had s chance to watch that video but I feel like both consoles offer a unique experience going to continue to evolve. I’m really looking forward to the future of this gen... now if they could just fix the supply problem.

Also on a different note, I may just end up buying a gaming PC before I upgrade consoles. I’m not a PC gamer by any stretch but gotta expand your horizons and stuff, ya know?

ethomaz

Banned
Is there any equivalent to Ryse Son of Rome this generation from either party? To elaborate, a short game that is ultimately a glorified tech demo.

Currently without any of the current consoles but I am planning on picking one up in like a year or so when the libraries have grown a bit more.
Astro is basically a glorified tech demo.
It should be the first game to everybody that brought a PS5.

Last edited:

Renozokii

"Performance is superior to the PS5 almost across the board at this point, and that gap will likely continue to grow - until it reaches 40%." 😁
Yea except in that’s still not true with most games that have a native ps5 and series x port. Frankly most do better on ps5. If there ever is a consistent difference the ps5 will still win out so long as devs continue making use of the dual sense the ps5s audio tech, compared to tiny dynamic resolution differences that get up scaled to near unnoticeable differences anyway. Plus the series s will likely hold this gen back long term anyway so long as Microsoft forces it on devs.

Top Bottom