• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

We've gotten a lot more leaks for Cafe than we have for other Nintendo consoles.
Mostly because they gave them to Western developers so early.

Doctor_20 said:
I'm sort of surprised with the lack of leaked info. Though I wasn't around here for the Wii pre-announcement jumble. When was the majority of the Wii stuff leaked?

There really weren't any major Revolution leaks. The TGS 2005 controller reveal was a total shock.

AceBandage said:
We've gotten a lot more leaks for Cafe than we have for other Nintendo consoles.

I'd laugh if all these leaks turn out to be false. No seriously, think about it. Remember all the crazy rumors and supposed leaks about the Revolution controller? None of them turned out to be true.

Krowley

Cow Mengde said:
I'd laugh if all these leaks turn out to be false. No seriously, think about it. Remember all the crazy rumors and supposed leaks about the Revolution controller? None of them turned out to be true.

That's true, but If I'm remembering them correctly almost all of them were from very questionable sources, whereas these are from major video gaming sites, and everybody is corroborating each other.

There is, of course, always that possibility.
For all we know the Cafe could actually be Nintendo's giant mech robot with which they take over the Western United States.

ombz

artwalknoon said:
Has it been posted that the fake cafe powerpoint video was faked by two people to win a website competition seeing who could create a piece of viral content intended to draw over 5000 views and illicit some emotional reaction/response from the viewers?
http://translate.google.com/transla...uvelles-des-buzzies-awards-au-fil-de-l-eau#co
For all those people who thought it might be real (don't know if there were any), yeah...
Now I'm curious if the same people who made the video are connected with the images that surfaced a while ago. It would be nice to debunk those finally as well.

Instro

E3 week always kind of sucks for because I have finals the same week. Luckily for once none them are scheduled around the time of Nintendos show.

watershed

Banned
Instro said:
E3 week always kind of sucks for because I have finals the same week. Luckily for once none them are scheduled around the time of Nintendos show.
Same deal for me, lucky for me I have no finals and I took the day off work so I can watch Nintendo's conference live.

Sianos

Instro said:
This year I was lucky and I have finals the week before E3. <3

And as far as speculation goes, do you think Pikmin 3 might appear (at least) as a Cafe tech demo? Its showing was delayed for a stange reason last year (we're almost ready to show it, but we want to wait to show it). Everyone seems to have forgotten about it by this point, considering its been a no-show twice. I think HD Pikmin would be the perfect game to show off, using the screen to manage/order your Pikmin.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I totaly forgot Cafe was going to be playable! I could see Pikmin 3 being playable, as its been in devlopment for a while.

watershed

Banned
NSQuote said:

And as far as speculation goes, do you think Pikmin 3 might appear as a Cafe tech demo? Its showing was delayed for a stange reason last year (we're almost ready to show it, but we want to wait to show it). Everyone seems to have forgotten about it by this point, considering its been a no-show twice. I think HD Pikmin would be the perfect game to show off, using the screen to manage/order your Pikmin.

Nobody has forgotten about Pikmin and if we could Nintendo-Gaf would hold Miyamoto's feet to the fire until he spilled the beans. If Nintendo shows Pikmin for the cafe it better be a lot more than a tech demo. It better be a fully playable game set for launch. Anything less would be disappointing to me.

Well, I believe the last we heard was that they hadn't put a whole lot of resources into the game, yet.
But, we'll see. There's honestly no telling what Nintendo has planned.

BY2K

Membero Americo
NSQuote said:

And as far as speculation goes, do you think Pikmin 3 might appear as a Cafe tech demo? Its showing was delayed for a stange reason last year (we're almost ready to show it, but we want to wait to show it). Everyone seems to have forgotten about it by this point, considering its been a no-show twice. I think HD Pikmin would be the perfect game to show off, using the screen to manage/order your Pikmin.

Me thinks Pikmin 3 was planned for Cafe all along. Miyamoto never said to which platform it was going to and no one asked. I can see some great micro-management gameplay going if the controller really has a touchscreen.

BY2K said:
Me thinks Pikmin 3 was planned for Cafe all along. Miyamoto never said to which platform it was going to and no one asked. I can see some great micro-management gameplay going if the controller really has a touchscreen.

Nope, Miyamoto confirmed it for Wii at E3 last year. I expect (and would certainly hope) that it's been moved to Cafe since, seeing as it makes far more sense to revive a dormant IP at the beginning of a platform's lifespan than at the very end.

Truth101

Banned
Father_Brain said:
Nope, Miyamoto confirmed it for Wii at E3 last year. I expect (and would certainly hope) that it's been moved to Cafe since, seeing as it makes far more sense to revive a dormant IP at the beginning of a platform's lifespan than at the very end.

It's more likely he said that it is going to be released for the Wii so as to let people know it is still being worked on and not give any hints that it is being developed for the Stream.

Sianos

Father_Brain said:
I hope they bump it up to Cafe: it'd make the perfect launch title.

And it makes snese, considering that they are shwoing off at least one playable demo.

NSQuote said:
I hope they bump it up to Cafe: it'd make the perfect launch title.

...and it's not a title that would scare away third-parties, which Nintendo seems to be very conscious of lately.

Not that that really helped the 3DS, though...

Not sure how reliable this site is, but here is a new rumor to chew on...

http://greatgamingcrusade.com/2011/04/28/rumor-next-smash-bros-game-to-be-shown-at-e3-2011/
Super Smash Brother Café
Although our sources within the industry are few and far between, we do have them and what they are telling us is that Nintendo will be showing off the next Super Smash Bros. game at this year’s E3. On top of that, it’s said that it will be shown for the Wii’s successor.

We don’t yet know how true this is, so for now we’ll keep this as a rumor. We also would like to know if the game will be shown in video or playable form. Knowing that Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS is almost done, it’s quite possible that Masahiro Sakurai has been working on the next Super Smash Bros. title.

Here’s lookin’ at you E3 2011. I’m sure if this turns out to be true, there will be many a happy gamer at this year’s expo.

It would be a great showcase title since it involves every major Nintendo franchise and they would all be represented in glorious HD.

Truth101

Banned
Father_Brain said:

It is more likely he said it is being developed for the Wii for two reasons.

1.) To let people know it is still being developed and for a home console.

2.) To not give any hints that is being developed for a next-gen system. Which a statement without stating the system could have started rumors of and Nintendo didn't antthe cat let out of the bag too early.

Error Macro said:
...and it's not a title that would scare away third-parties, which Nintendo seems to be very conscious of lately.

Not that that really helped the 3DS, though...

after the 3DS, they should just say fuck it and put out more titles at launch. then hold back. but a little less than they are doing now.

BlackNMild2k1 said:

http://greatgamingcrusade.com/2011/04/28/rumor-next-smash-bros-game-to-be-shown-at-e3-2011/
Super Smash Brother Café

It would be a great showcase title since it involves every major Nintendo franchise and they would all be represented in glorious HD.

Can't say I ever heard of the site, so wouldn't put to much stock in it.
Regardless, I've been saying it for a while that Smash would be the perfect showcase for the system.

BlackNMild2k1 said:

Super Smash Brother Café

I'm going to guess that site made that rumor up, but it wouldn't surprise me if they showed a trailer. The last two Nintendo consoles had a Smash Bros. game shown before launch. It's a great title to get people to buy the system; if I am remembering correctly the first month numbers for Brawl were ridiculously high, especially considering the March release date.

Still, I wonder if they'll release a 3DS version of Smash Bros? That would really help sales, and they really need it.

watershed

Banned
BlackNMild2k1 said:

Super Smash Brother Café

Not to cast doubt on this rumor, I'd love for it to be true, but that site looks like a joke and I've never heard of a reliable rumor coming from them before. But let's hope.

AceBandage said:

I dunno. I remember a mock up of the N64 controller in I think a Gamefan that was pretty damn close to the real thing. I remember them saying that the dev kits had the controller inside a box and devs had to stick their hands inside it to use it. Nuts.

BY2K

Membero Americo
artwalknoon said:
Not to cast doubt on this rumor, I'd love for it to be true, but that site looks like a joke and I've never heard of a reliable rumor coming from them before. But let's hope.

Either way we're in the same place we were now as we were before this site posted this story. It was a rumor then and it's a rumor now. It will probably remain that way until June 7th.

herzogzwei1989 said:
There really weren't any major Revolution leaks. The TGS 2005 controller reveal was a total shock.

I remember in like the last hour leading up to the reveal, while everybody here was posting their "hype" posts and the mock-ups they thought were most likely to be real, somebody simply posted a picture of Bruce Lee with Nunchaku.

Beth Cyra

BY2K said:
Please be true, please be true, please be true. Super Smash Bros. at E3 means instant success for the Cafe and Nintendo.
Who would direct it though?

Can't say I would mind a new director but it would be neat if they had someone come in and lead Hal from a third party.

That and I wonder if people will write it off since it probably won't have Snake or Sonic. After all I doubt they are going to bring them back everytime.

TruePrime said:
How would direct it though?

Can't say I would mind a new director but it would be neat if they had someone come in and lead Hal from a third party.

That and I wonder if people will write it off since it probably won't have Snake or Sonic. After all I doubt they are going to bring them back everytime.
There are quite a few other characters they could add. Honestly, I can see Sonic staying in from this point forward though. Seems to be a healthy relationship between the two companies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
TruePrime said:
How would direct it though?

Honestly, I would prefer to have fewer characters, but more diverse and better balanced than a shitload, with a bunch of clones and broken.

Though if they can manage a shitload of character but all well balanced, I'm in.

abstract alien said:
There are quite a few other characters they could add. Honestly, I can see Sonic staying in from this point forward though. Seems to be a healthy relationship between the two companies.

Miis w/ user-customizeable moveset would be awesome.

Beth Cyra

abstract alien said:
Well I could see him coming back. Maybe even Snake, I just don't think it will be forever, they are 3rd Party after all.

However if they do keep third party I would much rather see new 3rd Party reps over Snake and Sonic coming back.

Sonic and Snake would easily stay.
But they need a new star to make people go oo and ahh....
MegaMan seems obvious.... Too obvious, in fact.

So, they only real choice:
300px-TravisTouchdown.jpg

Or, conversely...
tumblr_leyz0n0AkB1qbzf0vo1_r1_500.jpg

Truth101

Banned
AceBandage said:

300px-TravisTouchdown.jpg

Or, conversely...
snip

Couldn't find a big enough image? :p

Quick stealth edit

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dont buy into rumours from small, unknown websites, but it's not too hard to believe Smash will get at least mentioned. The Smash Bros. franchise is one of Nintendo's biggest, and there's no doubt in my mind they've got one in the works for either the Cafe or 3DS. After all, when the Wii was announced they did confirm a new Smash would be on the way, but it did take until the following E3 for it to be revealed.

Fingers crossed. Smash at launch would be be huge.

AceBandage said:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080506035126/nomoreheroes/images/thumb/0/00/TravisTouchdown.jpg/300px-TravisTouchdown.jpg[IMG]

Or, conversely...
[IMG]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leyz0n0AkB1qbzf0vo1_r1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm rocking 1024x600, can you resize?

edit: nm

Top Bottom