• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN uncovers Assasins Creed secret?

PhatSaqs

Banned
The stories been pulled but it was here.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/708/708431p1.html

E3 2006: Xbox 360 Assassinated
Ubisoft Montreal's Prince of Persia influenced action game may come to Xbox 360.
by Douglass C. Perry
May 12, 2006 - Ubisoft Montreal revealed its next incredible project, Assassins: Creed, exclusively for PlayStation 3 at E3 this year, much to the delight of Sony console fans and to the dismay of Microsoft consoles fans.

A third-person action game in the vein of Prince of Persia, Ubisoft Montreal's newest title shows off the next generation with fantastic texture work, early but promising animations, and newly envisioned levels of Prince/Spider-Men climbing/traversing. But the game, officially, is strictly exclusive to PlayStation 3. Ubisoft officially would not comment on a possible Xbox 360 version.

According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.

We'll have more soon.

puebla

with a $600 price tag for ps3, it's guaranteed that this game will at least be ported to 360. it'll prolly come out simultaneously.

Uncle

Did anyone here get to see the demo? Was the machine it ran on really hidden? That just sounds so absurdly funny that it can't be true.

Aryuken

Banned
OH SNAP

A friend of mine told me this, but i was like "YEah right, get the fk out, you are just mocking me because i want the game".

Well i guess he wasn't joking around. :lol

nubbe said:
Like... If they have it running on the 360.. like uh... why not like you know... use the 360 pad?

Like uh...only Ps3 version announced

Nobody knows wtf is going on, but i guess.....well i don't guess shit.:lol

Something like this doesn't even make sense. If it's being developed for the PS3 and is even a "Timed Exclusive", why on Earth would they have it running on 360 hardware ahead of time?

TheWolf said:
all I know is that girl in the video interview on IGN is HOT.
Lol thats what i was thinking, shes cute as fuck, and the way she seems to know alot makes it better.

the olivia girl from G4 is hot but she just reads, whenever its you turn to give your opinion shes just quiet smiling in the corner. :lol

Rogosh said:
The story has been removed :-(

Translation - The story is true and they were forced to take it down by Ubisoft

Quite hard to believe but that must confirm it. I doubt they would have been forced to take it down if it wasn't true.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Didnt they use the 360 version to demo it at GDC? I remember seeing a screen with the controllers buttons on the screen somewhere.

hadareud

The Translator
typhonsentra said:
Something like this doesn't even make sense. If it's being developed for the PS3 and is even a "Timed Exclusive", why on Earth would they have it running on 360 hardware ahead of time?

Makes perfect sense to me. They planned it as a multiplatform title, the 360 their lead platform. Then they made an exclusivity deal with Sony. But with the 360 being the lead platform the version is further along and better to show off.

This post is based on an educated guess.

Draft

typhonsentra said:
money%20hat%20small.jpg

Viewtiful Darkness said:

Quite hard to believe but that must confirm it. I doubt they would have been forced to take it down if it wasn't true.

Actually, I don't think Ubisoft could make them take it down unless they were under and NDA or something of that nature. That, or it's false.

I'll love to see how this turns out.

sangreal

hadareud said:
Makes perfect sense to me. They planned it as a multiplatform title, the 360 their lead platform. Then they made an exclusivity deal with Sony. But with the 360 being the lead platform the version is further along and better to show off.

This post is based on an educated guess.

I'm certain I've read that the PS3 was always the lead platform for this game though

typhonsentra said:
Maybe it was originally intended as a muti-platform and development began on 360. Something to that effect maybe

ManaByte

sonycowboy said:
Actually, I don't think Ubisoft could make them take it down unless they were under and NDA or something of that nature. That, or it's false.

I'll love to see how this turns out.

No, it's true. Multiple people saw the 360 when seeing the demo, and it was a joke going around E3.

Ubisoft probably called IGN's marketing department and complained, who then ran up to the IGN warroom at E3 in a panic "Ubisoft will pull all ads if we don't remove that story about their deception on the floor!" And thus it was pulled. It's how things work.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Viewtiful Darkness said:

If a deal has been done with Sony and a PS3 version is the only one to be mentioned for now, I doubt Ubi's PR would be happy with the suggestion at all, be it true or untrue.

ManaByte said:
No, it's true. Multiple people saw the 360 when seeing the demo, and it was a joke going around E3.

Thanks for the letting us know earlier :D

I guess you were sworn to secrecy?!? Well, timed exclusive it is. I wonder if they'll get 3 months or 6?

SupaFlySoccerMom said:
wtf are you talking about?
It was an MS employee so he could've just said it to hurt the game being PS3 timed exclusive. Fro timed exclusive you arent suppose to announce the other platform ports till after the exclusive deal runs out.

ManaByte

The pad is what gave it away to...everyone.

Every single playable PlayStation 3 game at E3 was using an actual PS3 controller connected with the USB connector (bolted to the controller) and going to an actual (visible) PS3 dev kit.

Assassins was the ONLY "PS3" game to use a generic third party PlayStation 2 controller going to a sheet.

They had a closed-in white Assassins demo room right at one of the entrances to the Ubisoft booth.

Top Bottom