• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN uncovers Assasins Creed secret?

Alex Teh Lerge said:
It was an MS employee so he could've just said it to hurt the game being PS3 timed exclusive. Fro timed exclusive you arent suppose to announce the other platform ports till after the exclusive deal runs out.
Okay. Well you were just missing words or adding works or.. on crack when you did that last one.

Uncle

ManaByte said:
No, it's true. Multiple people saw the 360 when seeing the demo, and it was a joke going around E3.

Haha. I'd like to see UBI telling this to Sony.

UBI: We'll have Assasin's creed demo for E3.
Sony: Yay \o/
UBI: There's just one small problem.
Sony: Oh, what?
UBI: It runs on X360.
nuke1bm.jpg

Hey.

Tal from IGN says that they confirmed with Ubisoft that the game is running on a PC emulating a PS3. The story's been corrected.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
:lol :lol oh man, how did the saying go...

When it rains, it poors.

This just isn't Sony's E3.

EDIT: just read the PC-thing above, but doesn't change the fact it's a sucky E3 for Sony.

Juice

sonycowboy said:
Actually, I don't think Ubisoft could make them take it down unless they were under and NDA or something of that nature. That, or it's false.

I'll love to see how this turns out.

No, they can "make" IGN take it down because IGN is not a source of JOURNALISM.

If they were journalists, they'd expose it. Freedom of the press and all that. But they're not, and they require perks from Ubisoft to sustain their model, which means Ubi got pissed and they took it off in response.

"made" as in "threatened to have toys revoked" not "threatened to be sued"

Aryuken

Banned
Kobun Heat said:
Hey.

Tal from IGN says that they confirmed with Ubisoft that the game is running on a PC emulating a PS3. The story's been corrected.

Sure....i could see Ubisoft going "yeah, its a 360....but get this....emulating a Ps3. AH! when did you saw that shit happening hein?" :lol

Kobun Heat said:
Hey.

This smells like bullshit.

I believe the other one though

Wii60 bitches

Mrbob

ManaByte said:
No, it's true. Multiple people saw the 360 when seeing the demo, and it was a joke going around E3.

Ubisoft probably called IGN's marketing department and complained, who then ran up to the IGN warroom at E3 in a panic "Ubisoft will pull all ads if we don't remove that story about their deception on the floor!" And thus it was pulled. It's how things work.

Oh snap! Sony OWNZ0RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD once more at E3!

Juice

Recall that the 360 runs a Microsoft OS, which is the operating definition of a "PC" in market speak.

So yeah, it was a PC. A 360 PC.

skybaby

You guys are crazy. Why is it impossible Ubisoft was making this for 360 and then switched platforms for a deal with Sony? PROTECT THE HIVE or something...

Grimmy

Banned
Emulating? I doubt the PC was emulating anything - all they did was use the PS2-like joystick for PC, I'm sure. In other words, it was just running the PC version.

damn fanboys are desperate to knock sony at any point. Well hae fun while you will I say:lol Seriously, which makes more sense? oh shit what am I kidding ofcourse its a 360, lol sony am pwen am i rite?

zork007

I believe it will defintely be released on the 360. Ubisoft other games have all been released multiplaform...why stop now? If you check ubisoft web site and check the wording in the press release you will notice the absents of the word "exclusivie", except when writing about Red Steel and the publishing rights to Enchanted Arms. Assasin creed is only introduced as a "New Video Game Franchise" and being developed on PS3, but not exclusively.

350 version Guaranteed!

Draft

Kobun Heat said:
Hey.

Ask your buddy Tal from IGN what kind of PC it takes to emulate a PS3. I'm curious what Intel/AMD CPU is powerful enough to run an OS and simulate CELL, cause I want to buy one.

ManaByte said:
By "PC" they mean one of these with a third party PS2 controller using a PS2-USB converter:
xboxdev2hv.jpg

Well, I guess the genie is out of the bottle. It doesn't matter which one is true (and I believe Manabyte) as the perception and expectation is that the 360 version is coming as soon as the exclusivity is over.

Microsoft must be a bit pissed and thought they'd get a little dig in, because the previews have been absolutely glowing and it's running on the 360 and Sony comes in and buys it away from them.

On the plus side, those who used this game as a reason for Sony's power advantage over the 360 (although, only media got to actually see gameplay) are smarting right about now.

TheDuce22

Banned
Alex Teh Lerge said:
damn xfags are desperate to knock sony at any point. Well hae fun while you will I say:lol Seriously, which makes more sense? oh shit what am I kidding ofcourse its a 360, lol sony am pwen am i rite?

Settle down dude. :lol

What's this?

A Ubisoft game we all thought was multiplatform because it's Ubisoft gets console exclusitively is really multiplatorm in the end?

Well, la di da!!

Timed exclusivity? The thought never crossed my mind!!

AZ Greg

Alex Teh Lerge said:
damn xfags are desperate to knock sony at any point. Well hae fun while you will I say:lol Seriously, which makes more sense? oh shit what am I kidding ofcourse its a 360, lol sony am pwen am i rite?

:lol

Uncle

Draft said:
Ask your buddy Tal from IGN what kind of PC it takes to emulate a PS3. I'm curious what Intel/AMD CPU is powerful enough to run an OS and simulate CELL, cause I want to buy one.

Wasn't this game going to be on the PC too according to the leaked Ubi list? Most likely they are just showing the current best version, but because of sweet Sony money they pretend it's the PS3.

Alex Teh Lerge said:
Stop doing drugs

ManaByte

Gold Member
skybaby said:
You guys are crazy. Why is it impossible Ubisoft was making this for 360 and then switched platforms for a deal with Sony? PROTECT THE HIVE or something...

Back at GDC it was on 360.

Juice

Alex Teh Lerge said:

*SARCASM DETECTION SCAN OVERLOADED*

*REVERTING INTO SAFE MODE*

*SAFE MODE INITIATED*

*INITIATING DIAGNOSTIC: "JUNIOR_MEMBER_LITMUS"*

*JUNIOR MEMBER FOUND*

*SARCASM NOT DETECTED*

I was kidding obviously, its kinda sad to see everyone just taking shots at poor sony whenever they can. this gen is going to be interesting.

Uncle said:
Wasn't this game going to be on the PC too according to the leaked Ubi list? Most likely they are just showing the current best version, but because of sweet Sony money they pretend it's the PS3.

Thing is, if this is the PS3 version why not show it on a PS3 dev kit like EVERY OTHER 1st/3rd party developer at E3?

Something doesn't add up.

TheDuce22

Banned
Alex Teh Lerge said:
I was kidding obviously, its kinda sad to see everyone just taking shots at poor sony whenever they can. this gen is going to be interesting.

Who is taking shots? IGN reported it and manabyte basically confirmed it. Its not like people were just making shit up.

Draft

Uncle said:
I'm 100% certain it will come to the PC, as well. I'm just making fun of the Ubisoft damage control.

"A PC... emulating the PS3! Yeah, that's the ticket!"

flanagan.jpg

TheDuce22 said:
Who is taking shots? IGN reported it and manabyte basically confirmed it. Its not like people were just making shit up.
Even after it was removed and reported it was a mistake? I really trhink it could be possible but people are just going out of their way to assume whatevers agaisnt sony has to be true.

Barnolde

Banned
Alex Teh Lerge said:

Oh no, not Sony! Poor Sony! Someone call Kutargi, he left his kid behind.

Juice

Alex Teh Lerge said:
Even after it was removed and reported it was a mistake? I really trhink it could be possible but people are just going out of their way to assume whatevers agaisnt sony has to be true.

We know for a fact that it's not running on a PS3, even thought it's operating under the guise that it is.

Something is afoot and this should be discussed. Are you simply advocating that this means nothing?

TheDuce22

Banned
Alex Teh Lerge said:

Ya the "xfags" as you called them have obviously infiltrated IGN.

Elios83

If it's true it's probable that development started on 360 and only recently Sony has gained the timed exclusive so Ubi brought at E3 the most advanced version they have at the moment.
Kinda shows as market works :D

The PC emulating PS3 is just retarted.

fuck. if i was to believe everything im reading in this thread, Assasins Creed have versions for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Seriously people, its not like this is a game from Ubis..o.. oh shit. nvm.

ManaByte

Gold Member
IGN wasn't the only site to mention it. Evilavatar did as well, and they frankly have better developer (not publisher) connections than IGN.

Seth C

Alex Teh Lerge said:

Doesn't change the fact that it was NOT running on a PS3, which is curious in itself.

Uncle

Pedigree Chum said:
Thing is, if this is the PS3 version why not show it on a PS3 dev kit like EVERY OTHER 1st/3rd party developer at E3?

I didn't mean that it's the PS3 version. I meant that it's the version that runs and looks best at this moment (PC or X360). Ubi is just playing along with Sony and saying it's the PS3 version because of whatever contract they have made.

Elios83

Seth C said:
Doesn't change the fact that it was NOT running on a PS3, which is curious in itself.

It's not curious if the exclusive agreement with Sony has been made recently and the most advanced version Ubi has is not the PS3 one.
Of course they want to have the best possible impressions for their game.

Uncle said:
I didn't mean that it's the PS3 version. I meant that it's the version that runs and looks best at this moment (PC or X360). Ubi is just playing along with Sony and saying it's the PS3 version because of whatever contract they have made.

They probably should know, and don't care because they get first dibs.

Caaz

Uncle said:
Haha. I'd like to see UBI telling this to Sony.

UBI: We'll have Assasin's creed demo for E3.
Sony: Yay \o/
UBI: There's just one small problem.
Sony: Oh, what?
UBI: It runs on X360.
nuke1bm.jpg
... I lol'd.

Reminds me of X360 games running on... mac. I know, Power PC and all... but it was just funny.

Top Bottom