• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN uncovers Assasins Creed secret?

Agent X

I'm not terribly surprised Something similar happened last year, when Microsoft themselves had been showing PS2 screens of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland in the X-Box 360 area of their Web site.

Spike

Alex Teh Lerge said:
Even after it was removed and reported it was a mistake? I really trhink it could be possible but people are just going out of their way to assume whatevers agaisnt sony has to be true.

Assassin's Creed was shown on the X360 at the GDC...

LuCkymoON

Banned
ManaByte said:
The pad is what gave it away to...everyone.

Every single playable PlayStation 3 game at E3 was using an actual PS3 controller connected with the USB connector (bolted to the controller) and going to an actual (visible) PS3 dev kit.

Assassins was the ONLY "PS3" game to use a generic third party PlayStation 2 controller going to a sheet.

They had a closed-in white Assassins demo room right at one of the entrances to the Ubisoft booth.

Coffin_nail.jpg

Just another nail in Sony's coffin. :lol

Rhindle

The machine wasn't visible during the demo. It's entirely possible, if not likely, that it's still running on a workstation.

I don't see why that's terribly meaningful one way or another. I think games this gen will generally be moved to console hardware at a later point in the development cycle. It makes sense to maintain a single code base as long as possible, especially for multiplatform titles (i.e. 95%+ of all future PS3/Xbox titles).

SupaFlySoccerMom said:
This smells like bullshit.

I believe the other one though

Wii60 bitches

DenogginizerOS said:
Is that $599.99 in that hat?

Alex Teh Lerge said:
damn fanboys are desperate to knock sony at any point. Well hae fun while you will I say:lol Seriously, which makes more sense? oh shit what am I kidding ofcourse its a 360, lol sony am pwen am i rite?

LuCkymoON said:
Coffin_nail.jpg

Just another nail in Sony's coffin. :lol

Dear fanboys,

E3 is over. Stop trolling now. I can't take it anymore.

Yours hatefully,

ffc

KennyL

snaildog said:
Wow, the girl doing the interview IS smoking. Is she the developer?

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772025/vids_1.html

Welcome to Jade Raymond Stalkers Association.

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Raymond

Jade Raymond is a producer of video games (such as The Sims Online) and a host on G4's program The Electric Playground along with Tommy Tallarico, Victor Lucas, Julie Stoffer and Geoff Keighley.

She got her computer science degree at McGill University and got her first job programming games for Sony. A few years later, she moved into a producer role at EA (Electronic Arts) and has been producing games ever since.

She currently lives in Montreal creating games for Ubisoft.

Now those hot scientists in movies are totally teh truth.

Fredrik

gimmmick said:
How the **** is this a bad thing for sony? They are getting the f`n game released on their console.
How is this not a bad thing? The supposedly best looking "PS3 game" is actually running on an Xbox360. What does that tell people about the PS3? That they could only get graphics like that on the $600 PS3? No, it tell them that they could get graphics like that on a $400 Xbox360 too, just not that particular game, for now.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm positive it's true, I actually read somewhere that they could see that it was a 360 under a cloth when they were playtesting it - it's hilarious how it's apparently so serious that the story had to be pulled... hahaha...

Exclusive to PS3, yet built primarily on the 360 - at this rate they might as well put it out on the 360 first...

Either way, this pretty much shows that it won't be exclusive... not a worry to me because even before I read that it was done by the Prince of Persia team, it had a PoP look written all over it, and I didn't really dig that game with Ninja Gaiden around...

joePM

OPM SHILL
Skilotonn said:
I'm positive it's true, I actually read somewhere that they could see that it was a 360 under a cloth when they were playtesting it - it's hilarious how it's apparently so serious that the story had to be pulled... hahaha...

:lol

Where have you people been for the past year when every PS3 game was being shown on PCs equipped to imitate Sony's claimed PS3 specs as closely as possible with off-the-shelf hardware? Because, remember "ZOMG DEVS DON'T HAVE PS3 KITS YET!!!"?

Did everyone forget the whole "developers will be getting final kits any day now" part of Sony's press conference? It makes perfect sense for any developer who's been working on a PS3 title for more than six months or so to show it running on the "guesstimate"-spec PC at this point, since no final kit = no final specs = lots of potentially wasted effort.

Besides...if, you know, someday the game were to come out on PC and/or 360, well, having an early draft running on PC couldn't hurt.

Contrary to insinuations, the folks giving the demo were very forthcoming about the fact that it was running on a PC. In fact, if I remember right, the guy doing the demo I saw mentioned it (unprompted) before actually starting the demo.

Jade Raymond is a producer of video games (such as The Sims Online) and a host on G4's program The Electric Playground along with Tommy Tallarico, Victor Lucas, Julie Stoffer and Geoff Keighley.

She got her computer science degree at McGill University and got her first job programming games for Sony. A few years later, she moved into a producer role at EA (Electronic Arts) and has been producing games ever since.

She currently lives in Montreal creating games for Ubisoft.
Voted 10th best party school by Playboy if I remember correctly.

Aryuken

Banned
joePM said:

Where have you people been for the past year when every PS3 game was being shown on PCs equipped to imitate Sony's claimed PS3 specs as closely as possible with off-the-shelf hardware? Because, remember "ZOMG DEVS DON'T HAVE PS3 KITS YET!!!"?

Did everyone forget the whole "developers will be getting final kits any day now" part of Sony's press conference? It makes perfect sense for any developer who's been working on a PS3 title for more than six months or so to show it running on the "guesstimate"-spec PC at this point, since no final kit = no final specs = lots of potentially wasted effort.

Besides...if, you know, someday the game were to come out on PC and/or 360, well, having an early draft running on PC couldn't hurt.

Contrary to insinuations, the folks giving the demo were very forthcoming about the fact that it was running on a PC. In fact, if I remember right, the guy doing the demo I saw mentioned it (unprompted) before actually starting the demo.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you are talking about Final Kits...non final kits with Cell and 7800 have been available for....i don't know, almost a year?

So why would they show it on a PC? :lol

joePM

OPM SHILL
Aryuken said:
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you are talking about Final Kits...non final kits with Cell and 7800 have been available for....i don't know, almost a year?

So why would they show it on a PC? :lol

Erm...because they've been working on it longer than that?

Like, perhaps, since right after Sands of Time? And transferring all that code to fluctuating-spec dev kits is a waste of time, energy, and resources?

Just my theory, of course.

Pimpwerx

joePM said:
Erm...because they've been working on it longer than that?

Like, perhaps, since right after Sands of Time? And transferring all that code to fluctuating-spec dev kits is a waste of time, energy, and resources?

Just my theory, of course.
It's a poor one. Cell has been manufactured for almost a year now. Older dev kits had a 2.4GHz chip in there. I have no clue where you conclude that they used a PC. There's no PC with even half the floating point power of Cell, and according to Goto at Watch Impress, older kits used a Cell and G70 connecting through a PCI-e bus, but that's as close to a PC as it got. There have been pics floating around of PS3 dev kits since last E3.

Assassin's Creed running on the 360 sounds a bit odd for the fact that it's supposed to be coming to the PS3 relatively soon, yet it would appear to be in a more advanced state on the 360? Er...it will no doubt end up multiplatform, but the story just makes no sense. When did Ubisoft realize it was gonna be PS3 exclusive, the week before E3? PEACE.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
joePM said:

Skilotonn said:
I'm positive it's true, I actually read somewhere that they could see that it was a 360 under a cloth when they were playtesting it

...i.e. not a PC...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I also heard this from the folks who worked on AC at E3.

Another rumor is that GT HD was running on a PC at E3. Seriously, wtf...

Pimpwerx

chespace said:
I also heard this from the folks who worked on AC at E3.

Another rumor is that GT HD was running on a PC at E3. Seriously, wtf...
free-drugs.gif

Seriously...you must be joking about GTHD...seriously....no really, I'm being serious. PEACE.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GT4HD on PC 2007.:lol

Seriously WTF? Do people expect the PS3 version to look worst?

Drek

Good, the real time graphics could use a few touch ups before it mirrors the CG as well as I'd like (IQ and lighting primarily). Moving development exclusively to PS3 should make those improvments pretty easy to achieve.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
When I was given the demo, at the end, obviously my mouth had to be picked up from the floro, but afterwards I asked, quite spontaniously if Shanghai was developing the Xbox 360 version, and the developer (lead programmer, great guy) told me without any worry in his eyes that they were also doing that version inhouse in Montreal.

So, I couldn't tell wether it was running on a 360, I would believe it was PC sooner then that, but I sure as hell know it's coming to Xbox 360 and I don't even think it will be timed exclusive or at least not for very long.

Ubi needed to show Sony some love, they did bt announcing it PS3 for the time being, pretending it was running on (for) their console, now they can move on to produce the Xbox 360 version for me to play.

Even if it was exclusive in the end, I wouldn't buy a PS3 for it, I simply refuse. Xbox 360 is THE lead platform this generation, Ubi knows it, Sony knows it, everyone knows it, make the game for it and make money, Ubi likes their money, so they will.

Confidence Man said:
Not sure if it's old, but Eurogamer said they demoed the game with a 360 controller.

They also ran the Rainbow Six demo on a PC with 360 controllers. Very confusing everyone thought it was the 360 version, but it wasn't.

I am still curious how they can always put out such a mega sharp picture with a PC on an HDTV and never make it as sharp with an HD compenent connected Xbox 360 and HDTV. Anyone know why this is?

Aryuken

Banned
Kobold said:
When I was given the demo, at the end, obviously my mouth had to be picked up from the floro, but afterwards I asked, quite spontaniously if Shanghai was developing the Xbox 360 version, and the developer (lead programmer, great guy) told me without any worry in his eyes that they were also doing that version inhouse in Montreal.

OH SNAP. Now....why would they be using a PC? I dont get it.... :( were the ps3 kits braking? lol

j/k

GhaleonEB

If it's coming to 360, odds are good it's coming to the PC as well. It's Ubisoft after all. They probably showed the PC version and claimed it was the PS3.

The only reason I can think of is moneyhats.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
For all that matters, Haze was shown on PC with a DS2 + 3rd party adaptor. This is 100% true cos I specifically asked the guy there.

RaijinFY

TTP said:
For all that matters, Haze was shown on PC with a DS2 + 3rd party adaptor. This is 100% true cos I specifically asked the guy there.

Yeah and I read the game was still quite early (a.k.a.framerate not so good)?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Waitaminute ...

I thought that the 360 has some sort of proprietary "USB peripheral security", that would make it difficult-to-impossible to use a non-licensed gamepad (which I would assume a generic-looking PS2 pad would be) with the system?

Am I imagining that detail, or was that something that only applies to retail 360s and dev kits allow any USB devices to be recognized?

I haven't used the USB ports on my 360 yet ...

EDIT: Here's the article I was thinking of.
A PC emulating the PS3? If KK is to be believed, that would have to be some sort of Beowulf cluster of AMD64-based PCs, wouldn't it? :D

Aryuken

Banned
anachronous_one said:
Waitaminute ...

I thought that the 360 has some sort of proprietary "USB peripheral security", that would make it difficult-to-impossible to use a non-licensed gamepad (which I would assume a generic-looking PS2 pad would be) with the system?

Am I imagining that detail, or was that something that only applies to retail 360s and dev kits allow any USB devices to be recognized?

I haven't used the USB ports on my 360 yet ...

Heh, looks like it was running on a PC. Whats up with Ubisoft games? R6 and assassins running on pcs....

Kobold said:

Glad to hear it, I didn't think Ubi would let down the XBox fanbase after the excellent sales they have had from them.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kobold said:
Even if it was exclusive in the end, I wouldn't buy a PS3 for it, I simply refuse. Xbox 360 is THE lead platform this generation, Ubi knows it, Sony knows it, everyone knows it, make the game for it and make money, Ubi likes their money, so they will.
Wow, with that logic, I assume you refused to buy Xbox and GC, not being a lead dev platforms last gen for most games? o_O

FightyF

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
So now it's the best looking PS3 game? :lol When did this happen?

What do you consider the best PS3 game as far as graphics go? Let me rephrase that to "realtime graphics". :p

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Fight for Freeform said:
What do you consider the best PS3 game as far as graphics go? Let me rephrase that to "realtime graphics". :p

MGS4. It is realtime afaik.

Top Bottom