• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN uncovers Assasins Creed secret?

Yeah, even though I loathe the series, MGS4 probably looked the best. Followed by Heavenly Sword. I know some people were down on Warhawk, but I didn't think it looked all that bad.

FightyF

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
Yeah, even though I loathe the series, MGS4 probably looked the best. Followed by Heavenly Sword. I know some people were down on Warhawk, but I didn't think it looked all that bad.

Yeah, I'd agree. To be honest though, I thought Assasins' Creed was just as impressive. I'll leave it at that as I can't make a direct comparison. I just thought that a lot of AC looked like CG, and they claim it to be real-time, so it had me fooled.

GhaleonEB said:
Was it running off a PS3 at the show, or was it a canned movie?

:p

does Kojima really need to go on stage and do another proof with the controller ala TGS? I think if there is one persons trailers we can trust (and there very well be only one persons trailers we can trust) it is Kojima. Plus i think its pretty clear that it was realtime. Just look at Kojimas comments about how it is not where it needs to be at with framerate and textures.

squicken

R6 Vegas was always planned to be a PC game also. There is a dev interview on either Gamespot or IGN discussing how they would make the game different to cater to the tastes of PC gamers.

As far as the proprietary tech in the USB joypads for 360, would this necessarily extend to dev kits?

Fight for Freeform said:
Yeah, I'd agree. To be honest though, I thought Assasins' Creed was just as impressive. I'll leave it at that as I can't make a direct comparison. I just thought that a lot of AC looked like CG, and they claim it to be real-time, so it had me fooled.

Yeah, I mean I'm not saying the game looks bad or anything. And it is one I'm pretty interested in. It's just that I hadn't heard it mentioned for best looking game before.

Vagrant

Fight for Freeform said:

Are you talking about the E3 demo, or are you refering to the trailer that has been floating around the web? I'm pretty sure the trailer's CG or atleast sped-up. The E3 demo which is what impressed people hasn't been shown publically yet, AFAIK.

FightyF

Banned
Vagrant said:
Are you talking about the E3 demo, or are you refering to the trailer that has been floating around the web? I'm pretty sure the trailer's CG or atleast sped-up. The E3 demo which is what impressed people hasn't been shown publically yet, AFAIK.

Yeah, it's probably the CG trailer that I saw, if that's the case.

Bwah!

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
I thought the secret was going to be about the modern day twist/technology in the game's story arc. But anyhow...

It was suspicious that they were using a Dual Shock controller to demo the game at the show. It would be insane to think that UbiSoft would be cool with taking what seems to be a huge future franchise and just release it on the PS3. There's definitely a PC version coming, too.

Flynn

nicholasbrutal said:
I thought the secret was going to be about the modern day twist/technology in the game's story arc. But anyhow...

That's what I was thinking. A John Wilkes Booth simulation would be nuts.

I actually do think its funny if it is true that is was playing on the 360. I dont know how they would get a DS controller to work on a 360 though...but hell, I am not a developer.

Ubisoft will definitely be releasing this thing multi console....isnt that a good thing? If this is a timed exclusive for PS3 then some people might pick up a PS3 just to play this game....360 owners will not, because it is coming to their console. So what? I mean its funny that it could have been running on a 360 (which still has not been proven) but its not that funny.....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kobold said:
I am still curious how they can always put out such a mega sharp picture with a PC on an HDTV and never make it as sharp with an HD compenent connected Xbox 360 and HDTV. Anyone know why this is?
Probably because they can do something like 8xAA and 16xAF on PC and output picture through DVI to a TV, in TV's native resolution without any scaling (even if it's something like 1300x768). On X360, with 2-4xAA and 0xAF, analog and possible scaling from 1280x720 (or less) to TV's native res, you'll going too see degradation in image quality accumulate, in comparision. Lack of AF, in my opinion, is hurting the image quality in X360 games the most.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Marconelly said:
Wow, with that logic, I assume you refused to buy Xbox and GC, not being a lead dev platforms last gen for most games? o_O

Hehe, no I'm talking 600 dollar price tag here. :) Aside from that I'm, just pointing out the obvious, in fact who cares what will be the lead platform, 360 seems a logical choice for now. It may shift to PS3 further down, also for other reason as to not tax one hardware beyond capabilities, by choosing lowest end hardware first, etc. All choices considered at one point to determing a games lead.

Marconelly said:
Probably because they can do something like 8xAA and 16xAF on PC and output picture through DVI to a TV, in TV's native resolution without any scaling (even if it's something like 1300x768). On X360, with 2-4xAA and 0xAF, analog and possible scaling from 1280x720 (or less) to TV's native res, you'll going too see degradation in image quality accumulate, in comparision. Lack of AF, in my opinion, is hurting the image quality in X360 games the most.

No, that's not it, I think. What you say is true of course, but I mean it's picture quality, output quality that's different, not just the render quality. I mean that when you connect a PC to a HDTV it will be pixel perfect, when you do that with a 360, it wil have a whole slew of artifacts and the likes even though it should be the same quality. Maybe it depends on the tv though, I don't really know. It just struck me.

Reason is, I was so blown away by the Rainbow Six: Vegas demo, but then they told me it was on PC while I thought they were playing with 360 (they were with the controller), so after that I noticed that indeed the Rainbow Six: Vegas demo on the sreen looked absurdely sharp, as opposed to other Xbox 360 demo's being given everywhere else. So, that's why I was wondering.

Also some of the TV's on Microsoft's booth were plain ugly and looked far worse then any normal CRT 480i screen, there was a huge difference in quality of the screens overall.

EDIT: Yeah I was thinking maybe it's a scaling thing, but I don't know, couldn't you just only use the 1280x720p on a screen of larger pixel size as to keep the original aspects in line, resulting in maximum sharpness?

BTW: I dont believe they were playing AC on Xbox 360's, but on PC 100%, they said so. At least no 360 at the show demo I think, maybe in meeting rooms, I don't know. Same reason btw, image was too sharp and crisp on the HD monitor.

Top Bottom