• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Wii 2 = Stream, powered by R700 and 3core IBM, $350-$400 [Fixed Thread]

Roto13

How exactly is a 6 inch touch screen on a controller a good idea? It's too expensive and too big. That's almost half the size of my penis.

onQ123

"Stream"

"Steam"

"Stream"

"Steam"

"Timmy!"

timmy_CrippleFight_400.jpg

MYE

antonz said:
The Wii name is going to die with the Wii. It will never surface again

Thats kinda cool. Helps give each system its own identity instead of just adding a boring number.

antonz

MYE said:
Thats kinda cool. Helps give each system its own identity instead of just adding a boring number.
I think its more the fact the Wii while a successful product has way too much baggae with the audience they want to appeal too

Beth Cyra

captmcblack said:
$349 is too expensive.
I keep seeing this in the other thread.

I payed 400 for the 360 and even more for the PS3. If this is indeed stronger then both by a good degree, a new type of controller and Zelda HD. I'm there, maybe not day 1 but still there.

If it has Dolphin like Upscaling then I will be there so I can have SM.

Empty

sphinx said:
this was considered fake days ago in the reveal thread. Are we sure it warrants a thread?

the picture mockup was considered fake, and i think it still is and they just used stream because early reports talked about streaming games from the tv to the controller screen, but the ign report from today which is different could be true.

Looking like a (Japanese or European) SNES would be fantastic.

I guess the Screen Stream displaying "each rendered quarter" of 1080p suggests the controller image is 960x540.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
There's no way this is releasing this year.

Ok: what do I know. But I really don't see it happening.

Oh please let there be another insane stealth console release.
Reggie walks on stage with the box the console comes in, says 'BUY IT!', drops the box and walks off.

Amir0x

Banned
If that's the new controller than yup they're abandoning the motion paradigm. Remarkable. I feel pretty much completely validated for all the years I argued about how flawed the controller was versus the traditional pads. Feels good man.

MYE

Jinfash said:
Would you please change your avatar? I have a terrible memory and I keep thinking I'm posting all of your posts. :(

Sorry, wont have Photoshop to do a proper avatar till Tuesday.

....and i like my avy D:

Roto13

TruePrime said:
I keep seeing this in the other thread.

I payed 400 for the 360 and even more for the PS3. If this is indeed stronger then both by a good degree, a new type of controller and Zelda HD. I'm there, maybe not day 1 but still there.

If it has Dolphin like Upscaling then I will be there so I can have SM.
You paid $400 for your 360 when, though. I paid like $200 for my NES. Doesn't mean I'd do it in 2011.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
No idea if this has been posted in the other thread (sorry if it was), but I happened to stumble upon a (probably fake) picture similar to the (probably fake) ones in the OP:

Y4lNb.jpg

Given the similarities, it's likely coming from the same source, so it doesn't corroborate their likelihood of being real. If anything, if the source is indeed the same, in my opinion it reduces it (considerably). Some elements, like the huge carved Nintendo logo or the Xbox360 straight namedrop, seem unlikely at best.

AwShucks

Nintendo has to win me back. The Wii has such a horrible library f games compared to 360 and PS3 that I want to see games, and good ones, not a console with a massive amount of features that aren't needed.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Amir0x said:
If that's the new controller than yup they're abandoning the motion paradigm. Remarkable. I feel pretty much completely validated for all the years I argued about how flawed the controller was versus the traditional pads. Feels good man.

Don't jinx it!

RPGCrazied said:
Lets see Metroid and Zelda on this thing! But with Skyward Sword, I'm guessing Zelda will be missing for awhile.
A HUD-less 1080p, 60fps sidescrolling Metroid game with the map and inventory on the controller's screen...

*Drool...

Plinko said:
I hadn't seen that mockup of the controller before--that looks amazing.

First time I saw it as well. The text may be even more interesting than the pictures, though...there seemed to be rumors/speculation a while back that Nintendo would do something crazy like eliminate the need for a TV entirely. Those pics seem to show that the controllers can be used for 4-player split screen with the TV off.

Seems totally crazy and weird, and I don't know how that the Wii2 would be able to differentiate itself from handhelds with that approach, but...

Einbroch

Banned
Jocchan said:
No idea if this has been posted in the other thread (sorry if it was), but I happened to stumble upon a (probably fake) picture similar to the (probably fake) ones in the OP here:
Direct mention of competition? Definitely fake.

Dennis

Banned
Do it Nintendo, release in Fall 2011.

Then I will laugh and laugh if MS/Sony don't launch until 2014. Give the Big N a 2+ years head start - I dare you.

antonz

DennisK4 said:

Then I will laugh and laugh if MS/Sony don't launch until 2014. Give the Big N a 2+ years head start - I dare you.
If Nintendo manages to launch this year you can bet that Sony and MS will both have a heart attack and have to really accelerate plans.

Mrbob

Amir0x said:

Let us hope and pray that evil has finally been tarnished.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Einbroch said:
Direct mention of competition? Definitely fake.
That's what I think as well. It's probably from the same source as the pics in the OP.

Roto13

DennisK4 said:

If this somehow comes out in 2011, Microsoft and Sony will rush their consoles to market in late 2012 or early 2013. You can count on it. They both know the value of getting out first.

MYE

TheNamelessOne said:
Yes - but pick a name that sounds awesome! Not one alluding to urine. That's never a good thing.

I dont think anyone past kid/early teen years is really bothered by this.

But i've always personally found "Wii" a very clever and bold name so

Amir0x

Banned
DennisK4 said:

Laugh why? All it means is re-centering a console generation around a different period, because when Sony and Microsoft did re-launch Nintendo's barely more powerful than 360 platform would be hopelessly outclassed.

PLUS, even if it did work out the way you say, this would mean LESS competition which is something nobody should desire. We all know what happens when Nintendo leads the pack with nothing to fight 'em - we get consumer hell.

Top Bottom