• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN will be announcing a "new AAA game from a major developer" at 8am PST tomorrow

Simo

Jun 10, 2004
Milan, MI
Rockstar doesn't announce games on a stage
They do and have but obviously only if they have some deal with Sony or MS.

IGN also had that surprising coverage on The Last Guardian 2 weeks ago to tie in with the Edge cover so anything could be possible. Lol

RoKKeR

Oct 17, 2012
I really don't think IGN First is Rockstar's style.
As somebody earlier pointed out, Red Dead was properly revealed with week-long IGN First-style coverage at IGN back in 2009... so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Just sayin'.

Simo

Jun 10, 2004
Milan, MI
Random speculative bullshit maybe: the timezone reveal of 11am/8am EST/PST could mean they, as in the developer, are on the east coast... like Rockstar Games. lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
Why pay a site to announce a announcement for a announcement?

Not like they wouldn't publish it for free once you posted it.

pharmboy044

Dec 23, 2008
I would actually guess something smaller than Injustice 2 since it's an IGN announcement.

Deep Silver is kind of hobo for example and would benefit from the exposure compared to Injustice 2 which will get exposure just fine on its own.

A new IP from a larger publisher who doesn't have their own conference is also possible.
It might be Deep Silver. Their PR rep just recently stated on Twitter that tomorrow will be a big day. Could be coincidence or not.

_Ryo_

May 6, 2013
VA
Persona 3 Diamond!

;'_';

Based Atlus.

LOL, but no, I wonder what it could really be.
I cant imagine it will be anything huge with E3 just a week away.
Maybe a licensed game? Telltale's Marvel game, maybe?

RoKKeR

Oct 17, 2012
I would actually guess something smaller than Injustice 2 since it's an IGN announcement.

Deep Silver is kind of hobo for example and would benefit from the exposure compared to Injustice 2 which will get exposure just fine on its own.

A new IP from a larger publisher who doesn't have their own conference is also possible.
Yeah something from a publisher without its own stage presence at E3 makes sense to me. Deep Silver, WB, etc.

You wonder what classifies as a "major developer" to a guy like McCaffrey, though.

Glad to see IGN reveal it out of their own volition.
Welp, there it is!

_woLf

Mar 7, 2011
Re-reveal of Dead Island 2.

Or Ubi's new game.

edit: or volition. huh. Please don't be saints row 5.

redfox088

Sep 11, 2014
Shaolin
I'll only care if it's from valve or rockstar....I somehow feel I get more enjoyment when I don't know what I'm getting into.

Mushroomer25

Jan 5, 2012
twitter.com
Very interesting. Who has the most to gain by revealing their title this close to E3?

My guess is it's a third party that was jockeying for reveal at either Sony/Microsoft - but got pushed aside for time. So not anything massive, but still 'AAA'. Following that logic, I could see it as the rumored new game from Volition - or Injustice II (which has pretty much been confirmed at this point via Ed Boon's Twitter icon).

Alternative is something big that would get a gameplay reveal at a stage show. Would this be the way for Resident Evil 7 to stand out? Maybe it's how Ubisoft makes people care about Watch_Dogs 2?

I like announcements like this when they're just a few hours away. Very manageable.

Edit: Oh, so it's Agents of Mayhem. Cool, been wondering what that thing is.

element

Jun 6, 2004
Alternative is something big that would get a gameplay reveal at a stage show. Would this be the way for Resident Evil 7 to stand out? Maybe it's how Ubisoft makes people care about Watch_Dogs 2?
I doubt it would be Ubisoft because they have their own press conference. They will keep everything for their own event. I can't see it being RE7, because that franchise has history behind it.

It will not be from the following
EA
Bethesda
Microsoft
Sony
Ubisoft
Nintendo