• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN will be announcing a "new AAA game from a major developer" at 8am PST tomorrow

Simo

Rockstar doesn't announce games on a stage

They do and have but obviously only if they have some deal with Sony or MS.

IGN also had that surprising coverage on The Last Guardian 2 weeks ago to tie in with the Edge cover so anything could be possible. Lol

Simo

Random speculative bullshit maybe: the timezone reveal of 11am/8am EST/PST could mean they, as in the developer, are on the east coast... like Rockstar Games. lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why pay a site to announce a announcement for a announcement?

Not like they wouldn't publish it for free once you posted it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Any guesses, Nirolak?
I would actually guess something smaller than Injustice 2 since it's an IGN announcement.

Deep Silver is kind of hobo for example and would benefit from the exposure compared to Injustice 2 which will get exposure just fine on its own.

A new IP from a larger publisher who doesn't have their own conference is also possible.

I would actually guess something smaller than Injustice 2 since it's an IGN announcement.

Deep Silver is kind of hobo for example and would benefit from the exposure compared to Injustice 2 which will get exposure just fine on its own.

A new IP from a larger publisher who doesn't have their own conference is also possible.

It might be Deep Silver. Their PR rep just recently stated on Twitter that tomorrow will be a big day. Could be coincidence or not.

_Ryo_

Persona 3 Diamond!

;'_';

Based Atlus.

LOL, but no, I wonder what it could really be.
I cant imagine it will be anything huge with E3 just a week away.
Maybe a licensed game? Telltale's Marvel game, maybe?

RoKKeR

Yeah something from a publisher without its own stage presence at E3 makes sense to me. Deep Silver, WB, etc.

You wonder what classifies as a "major developer" to a guy like McCaffrey, though.

Glad to see IGN reveal it out of their own volition.
Welp, there it is!

redfox088

Banned
I'll only care if it's from valve or rockstar....I somehow feel I get more enjoyment when I don't know what I'm getting into.

Very interesting. Who has the most to gain by revealing their title this close to E3?

My guess is it's a third party that was jockeying for reveal at either Sony/Microsoft - but got pushed aside for time. So not anything massive, but still 'AAA'. Following that logic, I could see it as the rumored new game from Volition - or Injustice II (which has pretty much been confirmed at this point via Ed Boon's Twitter icon).

Alternative is something big that would get a gameplay reveal at a stage show. Would this be the way for Resident Evil 7 to stand out? Maybe it's how Ubisoft makes people care about Watch_Dogs 2?

I like announcements like this when they're just a few hours away. Very manageable.

Edit: Oh, so it's Agents of Mayhem. Cool, been wondering what that thing is.

element

Alternative is something big that would get a gameplay reveal at a stage show. Would this be the way for Resident Evil 7 to stand out? Maybe it's how Ubisoft makes people care about Watch_Dogs 2?
I doubt it would be Ubisoft because they have their own press conference. They will keep everything for their own event. I can't see it being RE7, because that franchise has history behind it.

It will not be from the following
EA
Bethesda
Microsoft
Sony
Ubisoft
Nintendo

Top Bottom