• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Xbox Series X Is Great, But It Needs Games ASAP

Sony Bros keep claiming Series X/S has NO 1st party launch games so I'm curious why SM: Miles Morales counts but Gears Tactics doesn't.

Like SMMM it IS playable on last gen consoles, but it's also a full new console game not a DLC/Expansion of a last gen game and it's at a very respectable 82 Metacritic on the Series X. Great game btw I'm playing it now and it's a lot of fun.

Ummm because Gears: Tactics is not a new game, it released on PC over 6 months ago...not hard to understand. Plus the best version is on PC.

Miles Morales is a new game with the best version on PS5.

That's because it is a remaster.
How many has Demon's soul sold?

Because it is not a remaster. It's a straight up a damn good remake.

I ain't saying the game is bad. It just isn't for me.
But it's a joke laughing at xbox for being a bc machine

How about blaming your lovely company which, after Halo Infinite has been delayed, started advertising XSX as an BC machine.

That's because it is a remaster.
How many has Demon's soul sold?

In November NPD it was in top 10. And it's a 70$ game. Yeah, it sold well. As well it sold well in UK too. In line with great PS5 launch.

It's so funny when one platform ( XSX in that case) lacking 1st party games at launch, its community trying so hard to downplay other platform, calling games in a wrong way. Looks like this article just triggered Xbox community. Problem is, it is a painful truth.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

This is like upgrading your PC then deleting your entire Steam library and complaining you have nothing to play. We're approaching peak retardation and hyperbole. I have an embarrasment of riches, more games than I'll ever play, and I play ESO 90% of the time anyway, which is now a 1st party game and runs fantastically on BC (and is getting a next gen upgrade soonish).

I bet money that right now most of you are playing those "boring" 3rd Party games. You did play those fantastic First Parthy for the 1-2 weeks and go back to 3rd party

You owe me money.

I first played the fantastic Astro's Playroom. Then, I finished Demon's Souls multiple times (one of my favorite games ever). Next, I played The Pathless. I'm currently playing Sackboy, which is really good and overlooked simply because so many PlayStation exclusives over the last several months.

My next game will be Miles Morales. Then, I'll get to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I don't know why Xbox guys think all there are are multi-platform games. Well, maybe I do, lol.

Jon Neu

Banned
This thread really took a shit.

Its an Xbox thread criticizing its games lineup. Has absolutely nothing to do with Playstation, so why are the same trolls in here talking about Playstation? Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights Soapy Wooder Soapy Wooder

So a thread with the sole purpose of say "Xbox has no games, hahahahaha!" has some Xbox fans giving it back to Sony fans (because for some reason, the thread is PACKED with Sony fans), and therefore they are trolls.

Impressive use of logic.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Said by member who is putting in the same basket MSs backward compatibility games with updated graphics with Demon's Souls and calling it a remaster.

Again, reading comprehension.

My point went over your head. Let me spell it out so you might understand:

Everyone said precious and current generation it's a bc machine and no one gives a shit about old games, yet a ten year old game gets everyone hyped.

All I said, is despite Microsoft actually making good free graphic updates, are still called shit, everyone loses their shit over a dated game with better graphics.

I know Demon's Souls is way prettier, and didn't deny it. Heck I didn't even talk about the graphics. But you were busy with your anger instead of actually reading.

That said, you are still a complete joke claiming everyone who isn't shilling Sony is a xbox fanboy.

Last edited:
Again, reading comprehension.

My point went over your head. Let me spell it out so you might understand:

Everyone said precious and current generation it's a bc machine and no one gives a shit about old games, yet a ten year old game gets everyone hyped.

All I said, is despite Microsoft actually making good free graphic updates, are still called shit, everyone loses their shit over a dated game with better graphics.

I know Demon's Souls is way prettier, and didn't deny it. Heck I didn't even talk about the graphics. But you were busy with your anger instead of actually reading.

That said, you are still a complete joke claiming everyone who isn't shilling Sony is a xbox fanboy.

Who is "everyone"?
Looks like you don't understand what next-gen is. Doesn't mean if XSX is not yet a proved next-gen console, same can be applied to PS5. And Xbox community is acting like that - Sony too! And Demon's is a next gen game despite you don't like it and despite in its core is a PS3 game, it's a full fledged next-gen game.

Me a joke? LOL. It's so obvious what Xbox community here is doing. Going full denial. Triggered by this IGN's video. Which is obviously a painful truth. And more sadly thing is, this will be a rough gen for you.

My PS5 has more games at this point, but the XSX is my main for cross plats. It's just a much better console to me thanks to gamepass, quick resume, the controller, and the fact that my fucking Xbox doesn't make scratching noises the entire time its on like my PS5 does. How does Sony continue to release consoles with fucking coil whine? I also use my Xbox as a media player since half the apps on the PS4 didn't make it to PS5 at launch.

The_Mike

Me a joke? LOL. It's so obvious what Xbox community here is doing. Going full denial. Triggered by this IGN's video. Which is obviously a painful truth. And more sadly thing is, this will be a rough gen for you.

We've had a conversation for some time now, and you are still saying I'm an Xbox fanboy.

Does not care about PlayStation games make everyone an Xbox player?
Though I said it many times now, your brain are apparently simply not capable of understanding I don't play on xbox or even intend to buy neither.

Either read my posts, or stop quoting me for your fanboy bs.

I got 1440p gaming 160 Hz ultra textures in most games, I think I know more about next gen than you - and you will only fall further behind.

But why bother replying to you? Your next reply will be something about Sony superior company sort of sales speech, everyone who doesn't enjoy PlayStation games are xbox simps, and yeah I can't think of more stupid arguments, but I'm sure you'll give me some next time you reply to me.

The one seemed most triggered is you. Keep insulting with empty words. Yeah I know, my mouth ain't clean as well anymore, because a person can only take that much shit thrown into the face by delusional people.

But yeah, it will be a fucking rough gen for me, because I still don't give a shit about Sony, and I have no reason to buy an Xbox cus their games comes to my pc.

Have fun in your echo chamber. Your gen were outdated the second it was on the drawing board. The next gen pc card is even outdated when it gets released because the next gets in the way.

ManaByte

Gold Member
My PS5 has more games at this point, but the XSX is my main for cross plats. It's just a much better console to me thanks to gamepass, quick resume, the controller, and the fact that my fucking Xbox doesn't make scratching noises the entire time its on like my PS5 does. How does Sony continue to release consoles with fucking coil whine? I also use my Xbox as a media player since half the apps on the PS4 didn't make it to PS5 at launch.

The PS5 is also unstable as fuck. I've had more hard lock crashes on the PS5 than my Series X.

tenor.gif

Concern

So a thread with the sole purpose of say "Xbox has no games, hahahahaha!" has some Xbox fans giving it back to Sony fans (because for some reason, the thread is PACKED with Sony fans), and therefore they are trolls.

Impressive use of logic.

Your tag definitely fits. No need to explain when your reading comprehension is clearly lacking. Have a nice day.

We've had a conversation for some time now, and you are still saying I'm an Xbox fanboy.

Does not care about PlayStation games make everyone an Xbox player?
Though I said it many times now, your brain are apparently simply not capable of understanding I don't play on xbox or even intend to buy neither.

Either read my posts, or stop quoting me for your fanboy bs.

I got 1440p gaming 160 Hz ultra textures in most games, I think I know more about next gen than you - and you will only fall further behind.

But why bother replying to you? Your next reply will be something about Sony superior company sort of sales speech, everyone who doesn't enjoy PlayStation games are xbox simps, and yeah I can't think of more stupid arguments, but I'm sure you'll give me some next time you reply to me.

The one seemed most triggered is you. Keep insulting with empty words. Yeah I know, my mouth ain't clean as well anymore, because a person can only take that much shit thrown into the face by delusional people.

But yeah, it will be a fucking rough gen for me, because I still don't give a shit about Sony, and I have no reason to buy an Xbox cus their games comes to my pc.

Have fun in your echo chamber. Your gen were outdated the second it was on the drawing board. The next gen pc card is even outdated when it gets released because the next gets in the way.
tenor.gif

The_Mike

Talking about reading comprehension, but i've never called you an Xbox fanboy. NEVER
End of discussion

This is just from your previous post, I could find it in the other replies as well.

But when you refer to the Xbox community and say its gonna be a rough gen for me, then you can't literally crawl away from that.

You are calling me an Xbox fanboy/player, whatever you wanna call it.

But it's easy to close the discussion when you're losing.

But anyway, I'm also off. I love this place and it's to valuable for me to risk a ban arguing with you.

This is just from your previous post, I could find it in the other replies as well.

But when you refer to the Xbox community and say its gonna be a rough gen for me, then you can't literally crawl away from that.

You are calling me an Xbox fanboy/player, whatever you wanna call it.

But it's easy to close the discussion when you're losing.

But anyway, I'm also off. I love this place and it's to valuable for me to risk a ban arguing with you.

Nope, i'm not calling you a fanboy, neither i've called you like that, neither imply it. LOL WTF?
Yes, Xbox community is going in full denial because what IGN said and it will be a rough gen for them ( or you) . That doesn' t mean Xbox community is a fanboy community because how they are acting now. STOP TWISTING MY WORDS. Yes, you're risking a ban because you twisting my words and blaming me for what i've didn't say at all

Last edited:

Jboemios

Banned
You owe me money.

I first played the fantastic Astro's Playroom. Then, I finished Demon's Souls multiple times (one of my favorite games ever). Next, I played The Pathless. I'm currently playing Sackboy, which is really good and overlooked simply because so many PlayStation exclusives over the last several months.

My next game will be Miles Morales. Then, I'll get to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I don't know why Xbox guys think all there are are multi-platform games. Well, maybe I do, lol.
I owe you nothing. I said most of you

Impressive use of logic.

I did not know that there was a rule saying ps fans cant disscuss threads about xbox lol, dont know why anyone bringing up console wars, this thread is about xsx having no exclusive games at launch or anytime soon, no need to bring sony in to it, if u want to talk about the the quality of ps5 games, go make another thread idiots.

[Sigma]

Xbox needing games..
come-on-now.gif
. Nothing surprising about that. Phil mismanaging 1st party, nothing surprising about that.

Imagine counting on them
620ebc309185b75a9e5f9ed3dbfdc46e.gif
, couldn't be me.

they both got plenty of games. They just both need some new exclusives.

i've barely used my PS5. Ive been pretty much just playing Series X....because i have a huge backlog. And i have a better more robust library on Xbox.

I did not know that there was a rule saying ps fans cant disscuss threads about xbox lol, dont know why anyone bringing up console wars, this thread is about xsx having no exclusive games at launch or anytime soon, no need to bring sony in to it, if u want to talk about the the quality of ps5 games, go make another thread idiots.
The funny thing is that PlayStation guys would be the LEAST knowledgeable about games on the Xbox. Sure they can talk about it all they like but for a platform they don't like and won't buy why would they? Using their logic Xbox has no games so Xbox fans have nothing to play. PlayStation fans on the other hand have the best most wonderful games ever created. Why talk about the lame Xbox when they could be immersing themselves in the Godly world of PlayStation? It just doesn't make sense. How can they find the time?

FrankWza

This thread really took a shit.

Its an Xbox thread criticizing its games lineup. Has absolutely nothing to do with Playstation, so why are the same trolls in here talking about Playstation? Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights Soapy Wooder Soapy Wooder

Like this thread? It happens.

Jon Neu

Banned
Your tag definitely fits. No need to explain when your reading comprehension is clearly lacking. Have a nice day.

What fits is your behaviour with the usual lack of self-awareness of the Sony fan.

dont know why anyone bringing up console wars

-Sony fans enter a thread to mock the Xbox console.

-Later they will cry to the mods and act all indignant blaming Xbox fans about "why bring console wars?" when Xbox fans start responding to them in the same fashion.

-Another day passes in GAF and self-awareness is yet to be found among the overpopulated Sony fanbase.

Yes they really need some games.

So far, it’s feeling a lot like the start of last gen. Except Sony is bringing much more much earlier then last gen. Returnal, ratchet and gt7 are huge games to have this early.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I have the following backlog for Xbox Series X -
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Gears 5 Hivebusters expansion (cross-gen exclusive)
- Gears Tactics (cross-gen exclusive)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Watch Dogs Legion

PlayStation 5 -
- Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales (cross-gen exclusive)

2021 for Xbox Series X -
- Bright Memory Infinite (timed console exclusive)
- Crossfire X (campaign from Remedy/timed console exclusive)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (waiting for the next generation upgrade)
- Godfall (June 2021)
- Outriders (based on the demo, will probably be delayed past it's February 2nd release date)
- The Ascent (timed console exclusive)

2021 for PlayStation 5 -
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (exclusive)

I have plenty of games to play and my 2021 list is just for the first half of the year. All I need is the Xbox Series X which I should have on December 23rd. Will buy the PlayStation 5 in Spring/Summer 2021.

I have the following backlog for Xbox Series X -
- Gears 5 Hivebusters expansion (cross-gen exclusive)
- Gears Tactics (cross-gen exclusive)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Watch Dogs Legion

PlayStation 5 -
- Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales (cross-gen exclusive)

2021 for Xbox Series X -
- Bright Memory Infinite (timed console exclusive)
- Crossfire X (campaign from Remedy/timed console exclusive)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (waiting for the next generation upgrade)
- Godfall (June 2021)
- Outriders (based on the demo, will probably be delayed past it's February 2nd release date)
- The Ascent (timed console exclusive)

2021 for PlayStation 5 -
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (exclusive)

I have plenty of games to play and my 2021 list is just for the first half of the year. All I need is the Xbox Series X which I should have on December 23rd. Will buy the PlayStation 5 in Spring/Summer 2021.

I own both too. Here's mine.

2020 PS5
- Demon's Souls
- Spider-Man Miles Morales
- Astro's Playroom
- Sackboy
- The Pathless

2020 Xbox Series X
- The Medium

2021 PS5
- Ratchet and Clank
- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War: Ragnarok
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Resident Evil 8 Village
- Returnal
- Gran Turismo 7
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Deathloop
- GhostWire Tokyo
- Destruction All-Stars
- Atelier Ryza 2

2021 Xbox Series X
- Tunic

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I own both too. Here's mine.

2020 PS5
- Demon's Souls
- Spider-Man Miles Morales
- Astro's Playroom
- Sackboy
- The Pathless

2020 Xbox Series X
- The Medium

2021 PS5
- Ratchet and Clank
- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War: Ragnarok
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Resident Evil 8 Village
- Returnal
- Gran Turismo 7
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Deathloop
- GhostWire Tokyo
- Destruction All-Stars
- Atelier Ryza 2

2021 Xbox Series X
- Tunic

Awesome. I'm all in for Horizon II: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok but im not expecting either game until 2022. Hoping RE VIII hits in the first half of 2021 especially since the story and ending has leaked but we'll see. I'm also interested in Kena but like with Godfall, I will wait for the Xbox Series X version.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It'll get games soon enough, but it has a lot of games already with Game Pass + the upgrades that the Series X has given for games. Gears 5 with its upgrades feels like a next gen game anyway.

But regardless, there's a reason Microsoft spent seven and a half billion for ZeniMax as it greatly offsets their need for first party games, doubling their first party output. We'll also probably be seeing Starfield launch on Xbox in 2021 (most likely a re-reveal at E3 2021 time with a launch in Fall). It really depends on how much the pandemic affected Bethesda, but I do believe the original time table for Starfield is 2021 (sources pointed to Sony attempting to get timed exclusivity earlier this year for it before the Microsoft buy out, so I feel like it has to have been fairly close relatively).

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
It’ll be awesome for sure. But at this point MS need something that get those who don’t yet know what to buy to choose S|X over PS5 or Sony’s snowball will roll into an unstoppable size before MS has something to counter it with. I bet they banked on multiplats running better, most of us did, but Sony managed to create a system that at least initially give better performance so now MS is in an unfortunate situation where Game Pass is the only thing that can make the undecided people choose their platform.

Yeah I wonder if this is what happened with PS4 as well. Considering how neck-and-neck it was in the PS3/360 area, it could be that a lot of people who were going to buy Xbox because their friends are on Xbox found out that those friends had ended up buying a PS4 so they bought one too. In other words, the network effect.

Awesome. I'm all in for Horizon II: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok but im not expecting either game until 2022. Hoping RE VIII hits in the first half of 2021 especially since the story and ending has leaked but we'll see. I'm also interested in Kena but like with Godfall, I will wait for the Xbox Series X version.

I'm not sure why you're bothering with Godfall at all.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Yeah I wonder if this is what happened with PS4 as well. Considering how neck-and-neck it was in the PS3/360 area, it could be that a lot of people who were going to buy Xbox because their friends are on Xbox found out that those friends had ended up buying a PS4 so they bought one too. In other words, the network effect.
The xbox one had the worst launch publicity ever with the DRM then retraction. Then add in it cost a 100 dollars more than the ps4 and was 40% less powerful. The rats jumped ship at the Microsoft game division fast as they could because they thought it would be shutdown down. Sony will win the question is can Microsoft bring in enough new customers to keep the division from being shutdown. They won't steal Sony gamers that was never in the cards. Nintendo knew this hence going hand held only. They are banking on gamepass and 23 studios plus the cheap S to bring new people to the market. We have seen doing the same as Sony doesn't work they are just to good.

Kagey K

Banned
Like moths to a flame for you fucking guys.

It’s getting too predictable now.

You know who is going to be in the thread and what they are going to say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why you're bothering with Godfall at all.

I'm interested because it's my type of game but as of now, it's 50/50. If it's in Game Pass day one, for a $10 monthly rental, I will give it a shot but if it's not and the game costs $70, I will pass on it. I just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Top Bottom