• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat 49. At E3.

AceBandage

Banned
Mar 22, 2007
35,549
0
0
ShockingAlberto said:
Even money on Matt thinking Natal is the best thing ever.

They made fun of it and the Tony Hawk board right off the bat, actually.
They're mostly pimping their own exclusives, so far.
 

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feb 22, 2007
37,669
0
0
Black-Wind said:
Was sure they would hold off on it for till Nintendo took bat. O_0
Yeah but then their post-conference chat wouldn't be episode 50.
 

AniHawk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
74,679
3
1,595
sykoex said:
First time downloading this. Listening to see what they have to say about Natal. :D
They think it's stupid.

EDIT: well, they've only talked about the skateboard so far. They're mostly loving Red Steel 2. It's not 1:1, but it's impressive.

Also, Nintendo removed Red Steel 2 from its conference.
 

laserbeam

Banned
Mar 23, 2007
6,938
0
0
IGN Wii has a big blowout on Silent Hill info tommorrow.

Renegade Kid has another secret game they will be revealing via IGN eventually.
 

AceBandage

Banned
Mar 22, 2007
35,549
0
0
Red Steel, Dead Space and Silent Hill all make heavy use of the speaker.
Amazing.
What was the last game to really use it? No More Heroes?
 

AniHawk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
74,679
3
1,595
AceBandage said:
Red Steel, Dead Space and Silent Hill all make heavy use of the speaker.
Amazing.
What was the last game to really use it? No More Heroes?
LIT

Sounds like there's gonna be some sort of sword game at the show from Nintendo. People are thinking it's Zelda. It won't be Zelda.
 

Buckethead

Banned
Jul 31, 2008
38,169
0
0
A Chicken Coop
IGN Wii > IGN everything else.

Say what you like about IGN, but Cassimassina actually works hard at is job instead of the
"this game cures AIDs" reviews both the PS3 and 360 teams put out. Nothing against the consoles, but there's some sensationalist BS going on.

But then again, didn't he give Twilight Princess a 10? :lol
 

Black-Wind

Member
May 17, 2008
10,847
0
0
exavierford.weebly.com
AniHawk said:
They think it's stupid.

EDIT: well, they've only talked about the skateboard so far. They're mostly loving Red Steel 2. It's not 1:1, but it's impressive.

Also, Nintendo removed Red Steel 2 from its conference.
Oh shit, time for the hype train!

Nintendo don't want anyone taking their M+ sword game play shine! Wonder what that game could be . . . :D

Am I doing it right?

Edit- FUCK my mind is blank today . . .
 

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Aug 24, 2007
18,852
0
0
AniHawk said:
They think it's stupid.

EDIT: well, they've only talked about the skateboard so far. They're mostly loving Red Steel 2. It's not 1:1, but it's impressive.


Also, Nintendo removed Red Steel 2 from its conference.
:lol

Got to stop the hype train before it takes those vital Wii Fit 2 sales away.
 

Crazyorloco

Member
Aug 29, 2007
2,862
4
870
Damn ign, there's so much news, it'll take me a while to read everything...and now we get this. I'll listen to this on my way to work. These guys never stop working.
 

MisterHero

Super Member
Jul 24, 2007
30,505
128
1,225
abload.de
imo there's not much to discuss until after the show

Buckethead said:
IGN Wii > IGN everything else.

Say what you like about IGN, Cassimassina actually works hard at is job instead of the
"this game cures AIDs" reviews both the PS3 and 360 teams put out. Nothing against the consoles, but there's some sensationalist BS going on.

But then again, didn't get give Twilight Princess a 10? :lol
are you saying the game doesn't deserve it?

I remember the rest of IGN shitting on the game for no real reason too
 

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Jul 6, 2007
5,665
0
0
AniHawk said:
Also, Nintendo removed Red Steel 2 from its conference.
Anyone remember the last time they showed RS at a Ninty presser? Well, that's why.

EDIT: And Matt Cas 9.5'd TP.
 

AceBandage

Banned
Mar 22, 2007
35,549
0
0
Black-Wind said:
Oh shit, time for the hype train!

Nintendo don't want anyone taking their M+ sword game play shine! Wonder what that game could be . . . :D

Am I doing it right?

Edit- FUCK my mind is blank today . . .

New Zelda Confirmed! OMG!

Haha, anyway, there's big Suda news coming, though not from IGN.
 

AniHawk

Member
Jun 7, 2004
74,679
3
1,595
Buckethead said:
IGN Wii > IGN everything else.

Say what you like about IGN, Cassimassina actually works hard at is job instead of the
"this game cures AIDs" reviews both the PS3 and 360 teams put out. Nothing against the consoles, but there's some sensationalist BS going on.

But then again, didn't get give Twilight Princess a 10? :lol
9.5.

IGN's 10s:

Ocarina of Time (1998, 2007)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (2008)
Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)

Dragon Warrior III (2001)
Oracle of Seasons (2001)
Oracle of Ages (2001)
Pokemon Gold/Silver (2000)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (2000)
Magical Tetris Challenge (2000)
SNK vs. Capcom (2000)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure (2000)
Pokemon Yellow (1999)
Mario Golf (1999)
Link's Awakening DX (1999)
Super Mario Bros. DX (1998)
Shanghai (1999)
Checkered Flag (1999)
Joust (1999)
Pokemon Red/Blue (1998)
 

tenritsu

Banned
Jan 9, 2008
1,691
0
0
29
abstract alien said:
They have a trailer, check it out, its awesome. No gameplay, but it sets a great tone.
Oh man, it's getting late, I couldn't stand it about 80% in :lol will watch in the morning when i'm not creeped out.
 

Father_Brain

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
22,707
0
0
34
New York, NY
AniHawk said:
Dragon Warrior III (2001)
Oracle of Seasons (2001)
Oracle of Ages (2001)
Pokemon Gold/Silver (2000)
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel (2000)
Magical Tetris Challenge (2000)
SNK vs. Capcom (2000)
Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure (2000)
Pokemon Yellow (1999)
Mario Golf (1999)
Link's Awakening DX (1999)
Super Mario Bros. DX (1998)
Shanghai (1999)
Checkered Flag (1999)
Joust (1999)
Pokemon Red/Blue (1998)
IGN Pocket (as it was called at the time) only scored games on one-point increments, so it's not fair to count these.
 

_Alkaline_

Member
Sep 25, 2006
13,032
0
0
Australia
jj984jj said:
It was in their E3 06 reel, supposedly they were going to show RS2 because it's a MP+ only game.
It was actually demonstrated on stage, and it was SO BAD.

That said, RS2 is looking so much better. But there's no need for a demo given its presence at the Ubisoft conference.
 

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Oct 11, 2004
16,868
1
0
Looks like Edge will have the NMH: DS exclusive. Makes sense from their last issue.
 

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aug 30, 2005
22,609
0
0
32
Toronto, ON
ggnoobIGN said:
They live demo'd it. And it crashed.
_Alkaline_ said:
It was actually demonstrated on stage, and it was SO BAD.

That said, RS2 is looking so much better. But there's no need for a demo given its presence at the Ubisoft conference.
I forgot, but yeah it makes no sense in repeating the biggest mistake Ubisoft made this year and show material we've all already seen.
AceBandage said:
They have Nintendo Booths photos!

*img*
:D
 

laserbeam

Banned
Mar 23, 2007
6,938
0
0
They have one area of Nintendo Booth completely covered to prevent people knowing what is there. A second area has demo booths but they have not put up anything to indicate what will be there