• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's NINTENDO VOICE CHAT: REMEMBERING CHRONO TRIGGER

Tripon

Get your time machines ready folks! IGN's Nintendo show kicks off this week with a discussion about the 20th anniversary of Chrono Trigger, one of the greatest JRPGs in history. Then, the crew of host Jose Otero, Peer Schneider, Brian Altano, and Marty Sliva talk about IGN's Code Name STEAM review and some Mario Party 10 impressions. And, finally, we tackle a few news stories at the end of the show.

Chrono Trigger is the Best RPG ever created. Better than FF6, better than FF7, better than Lufia 2, even better than Suikoden 2.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/ignwii/Nintendo_Voice_Chat__Remembering_Chrono_Trigger.mp3
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/13/nintendo-voice-chat-remembering-chrono-trigger

OranSky

Banned
Finished listening to it a little while ago. Nice seeing classics being brought up for discussion like this. That being said I only played like the first hour or so of it a few years ago. I should get on that DS port of it if it's as good as they claimed it to be.

Halabane

Bit off topic. Jose is probably one the best alumnus from 1up that still channels the vibe they had there with podcasts. Even before him voice chat was a one of our favorite podcasts every week. They really had/have a good group. I think it helps that Peer brings in a very wide perspective from corporate to his own kids. Provides in my mind a consumer view of Nintendo products. My own kids liked listening to it with me I think because of that view. My youngest thought it was so great when Audrey got to work for Nintendo.

OranSky

Banned
My youngest thought it was so great when Audrey got to work for Nintendo.

I remember when they announced her departure and I was obliviouse to where she ended up going. Fast forward to a direct from last year and there she was in an elevator cameo(?) and I jump in surprise. Glad both her and Rich got to go work for nintendo.

Top Bottom