• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Peer Schneider: "the NX is a complete reboot for Nintendo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems odd. It makes it sound like there will be another controller as well as the detachable ones.....but if that's the case why bother making them detachable in the first place?

My thoughts exactly, I am thinking mobile streaming capable, but also like the Vita with crosssaves and transferring gameplay.

I wish I had a an interest in the Xbox One. Groupon has a deal on 500GB Xbox One's for $199.
Damn. I might jump on that.

I think Xbone S is a great deal. We all know the Xbone OS is bad, but it is a great media player. Second only to Apple TV. It has one big thing going for it that others don't. Xbox Live. That can't be understated. PSN still is terrible in comparison. It also appears western developers are liking working with Microsoft again.

Xbox is on the rebound in America. Will it ever sell like 360? No. Will it catch PS4...No. Could it change the tide when Scorpio releases next year and the unofficial "next gen" starts. Yes, yes I think it can.

Yeah I figured I could just roll without an MS system this gen, but they do seem to have a pretty decent line up of games rolling out now and in the future. I was thinking I would wait and see for what Scorpio is but meh. New Gears looks pretty good, and I think Rare's new game actually looks like it could be fun; think I'll just splurge and use it as an NX distraction for now lol

Malus

That's what should happen. maximize your IP! A Mario Pixar, Donkey Kong cartoon show on Disney XD, Zelda movie trilogy of OG Zelda, Link to the Past, and Link to the Future?! A darker PG-13 Metroid movie. A different character for different age groups.

Toys, Lego sets, cereal, etc. It is amazing and bad management that this has not happened.

Let's uh...pull it back a few notches...

MuchoMalo

Banned
People concerned about the 720p screen should take a small look at this review. Looking at the prices should also serve as reassurance to people concerned about a price over $300. Considering the fact that phones have much higher profit margins than gaming systems, even $200 isn't completely off the table. And no, there's no chance that this phone is being sold at a loss.

MisterHero

People concerned about the 720p screen should take a small look at this review. Looking at the prices should also serve as reassurance to people concerned about a price over $300. Considering the fact that phones have much higher profit margins than gaming systems, even $200 isn't completely off the table. And no, there's no chance that this phone is being sold at a loss.
The controllers, if successors to the Wiimote, are going to be $40 each. It's not going to be $200.

Calm Mind

I hope you're joking.

This means absolutely nothing.

2DS this holiday season is largely not aimed at the people who will buy NX next march. Even if you disregard that fact, your logic still makes no sense whatsoever...

Not sure why people are expecting news for tomorrow, there's literally nothing that suggests that. They even have to focus on Pokémon.

Calm Mind
(Today, 09:36 PM)

Maybe malo's spirit took over your body?

EDIT: i was thinking about nerdleaks hinting at some kind of leak happening on twitter, what was that about?

Because they'd want to get in before the PSVR launch hype, and more importantly because they have an Animal Crossing Direct in the beginning of November and won't want an event and a Direct or two Directs too close together. They'll probably want a little distance from Sun/Moon as well, along with the holiday season in general. Also, "all rumors" isn't really accurate, as the only one saying that Emily. Not that I don't believe her, but she is just one person and doesn't represent everyone.

giphy.gif

Mock me now. I'll be laughing at you guys at a later date. #TeamNXUnveilingWheneverNintendoFuckingFeelsLikeIt

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Heard it from a source in European retail ;-) Don't know anything outside that, sorry.

You won't trigger me. Nope, you won't.

And I firmily believe it's going to be the NES Classic. I'll be extra-pessimistic right now, yeeep. Not believing it'll be the light in the darkness at all.

Seriously, you should ask him, if possible, if it could be something already announced, like the NES Classic indeed.

MuchoMalo

Banned
The controllers, if successors to the Wiimote, are going to be $40 each. It's not going to be $200.

That's assuming that they cost $40 to make. I don't think I need to tell you why that isn't the case. Especially now those should only add ~$20 to the BOM, total. $30 tops.

I stand by that this will not cost more than $250 unless there's an expensive gimmick we don't know about yet. And don't come at me talking about Wii U's cost relative to its power meaning that it will be $300-450, because if you do you have no idea what you're talking about.

Richie

You won't trigger me. Nope, you won't.

And I firmily believe it's going to be the NES Classic. I'll be extra-pessimistic right now, yeeep. Not believing it'll be the light in the darkness at all.

Seriously, you should ask him, if possible, if it could be something already announced, like the NES Classic indeed.

Keeping your hype at bay is a smart move...but weren't NES Classic pre-orders already a day one thing in Europe?

Mpl90

Keeping your hype at bay is a smart move...but weren't NES Classic pre-orders already a day one thing in Europe?

Indeed. But well, you know, more infos relevant to retailers (like first week / month allocations), showing how it works, etc.

And a general briefing on NX rollout after Wednesday's reveal.

It's time for me to go to sleep lol.

I'm with you, but not because 2DS sales are up. I think the PS4 and XBone half gen upgrades caused Nintendo to change course on the NX completely. Nintendo loves saying they don't care what their competition does, which is bull. They still compete for the same discretionary home entertainment dollars. I predict the first announcement to come in October will be "NX has been delayed but will definitely release Fall 2017, NX details to be revealed Q1 2017" Then in February or March Nintendo will have a Direct showcasing a teaser of sorts about the NX and will announce a full NX blowout for E3 2017 with playable games on the showfloor. Then the NX will launch right around the Wii U's 5th birthday, which is November of 2017. That's what I'm leaning towards now. Could be wrong of course.

Yeah, that's not happening. NX is on schedule according to Emily and I believe someone else said that too.

Mock me now. I'll be laughing at you guys at a later date. #TeamNXUnveilingWheneverNintendoFuckingFeelsLikeIt

I'm with you, but not because 2DS sales are up. I think the PS4 and XBone half gen upgrades caused Nintendo to change course on the NX completely. Nintendo loves saying they don't care what their competition does, which is bull. They still compete for the same discretionary home entertainment dollars. I predict the first announcement to come in October will be "NX has been delayed but will definitely release Fall 2017, NX details to be revealed Q1 2017" Then in February or March Nintendo will have a Direct showcasing a teaser of sorts about the NX and will announce a full NX blowout for E3 2017 with playable games on the showfloor. Then the NX will launch right around the Wii U's 5th birthday, which is November of 2017. That's what I'm leaning towards now. Could be wrong of course.

Yeah, that's not happening. NX is on schedule according to Emily and I believe someone else said that too.

What's Emily's track record so far? I thought it wasn't very good which is why all her speculation threads get locked

Richie

Indeed. But well, you know, more infos relevant to retailers (like first week / month allocations), showing how it works, etc.

True-ché!

Well, my personal expectations are, that we'll know the reveal date by next week, with the reveal itself coming in October. Safe thinking IMHO.

Dystify

How would delaying NX help Nintendo? PS4 Pro is releasing this year after all. Nintendo repeated the NX release date as March 2017 when those mid-gen upgrades were already known. If they affected Nintendo's plans this late into the game they wouldn't keep repeating March 2017.

Mpl90

If they do a briefing on NX for retailers it'll be closer to launch. Retailers are busy with this holiday season as it is, they can't worry about something that'll release months into next year.

Well, actually they'll need to be informed in order to start preorders in store, and if / when there are demos to be made available in stores, update the games databases, etc.
So, it's far from impossible there is a retailer meeting at an European level in order to inform about first details on the platform.

thomaser

He doesn't know what it is about either. Could very well be the NES Classic. But everyone going have signed ndas, and that would probably not be necessary just for the NES Classic.

Calm Mind

NX unveiling around the time when your competitors have actual software and new hardware readily available is asinine. It won't be delayed though.

Dystify

I think they'll beef up the hardware power. They figured they would be fine being 1 generation behind, power wise, but 1.5 gens behind is too much.

Well they're launching a mobile console (/hybrid). Beefing up the specs for that even more than what we already know would make it pretty expensive for most people. This only matters if you believe these rumors though.

Well, actually they'll need to be informed in order to start preorders in store, and if / when there are demos to be made available in stores, update the games databases, etc.
So, it's far from impossible there is a retailer meeting at an European level in order to inform about first details on the platform.

You may be right, but I'm a bit skeptical the things retailers need to know about NX require a meeting such as this one so soon. I was thinking the meeting they will do is similar to what Nintendo does for Gamestop in the U.S. Basically pitch Nintendo's offers to the retailers in order to get a better Christmas season.

He doesn't know what it is about either. Could very well be the NES Classic. But everyone going have signed ndas, and that would probably not be necessary just for the NES Classic.
Yeah I wish some of you guys would be more optimistic lol. It's clearly NX info. Nobody cares about nes classic and NDAs for that.

udivision

Nintendo just can't compete with Sony, Microsoft, and the Pokemon Company. They should give in and release Mario for phones already. They probably took one look at the most powerful hardware to ever exist (the iPhone 7, PS4Pro, and Scorpio) and realized that the competitors having stronger hardware was going to completely ruin their plans of not competing in terms of power, which was based on the assumption that their competitors would have stronger hardware. And Nintendo already proved they wouldn't be caught dead as being seen as under powered because that flies in face of their strategy of not competing in terms of power.

I swear we were all saying the same thing as the days ticked by before the Wii U "grand" reveal at E3 2012.

then we learned that nothing was leaking because no one was making anything for a nintendo console.
To expect it to be different this time is foolish.

Those magical NDAs aren't the reason for the radio silence.

Jaruru

Nintendo just can't compete with Sony, Microsoft, and the Pokemon Company. They should give in and release Mario for phones already. They probably took one look at the most powerful hardware to ever exist (the iPhone 7, PS4Pro, and Scorpio) and realized that the competitors having stronger hardware was going to completely ruin their plans of not competing in terms of power, which was based on the assumption that their competitors would have stronger hardware. And Nintendo already proved they wouldn't be caught dead as being seen as under powered because that flies in face of their strategy of not competing in terms of power.

Rip vita

MisterHero

I think it's the opposite tbh. Any hardware leapfrog Nintendo could've done has already been met with Scorpio and PS4pro. I like to believe they are sharp enough to foresee that. Sony/MS even have budget models already out or coming out, perhaps anticipating that Nintendo could undercut them.

Nintendo needs hardware that their 1st party offerings can sell now and avoid the price problems of Wii U and 3DS. There's no reason Nintendo can't also do hardware upgrades to appease 3rd-parties with the console dock or entire new models just like the competition.

I kind of want to say that iterations have ruined the conveniences of console gaming but people seem to want it. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom