• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Ilhan Omar joins Bernie Sanders rally in Minneapolis

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
It’s like he signed an agreement to get AOC on board... “Must bend over and take it up the ass by any squad member, no matter how vile at any time of her choosing.”

That’s the only possible reason Sanders would publicly hang out with this turd.

Reactions: A Regular Guy

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Man we need competition from the dems. I’m conservative but it doesn’t do the country any good to have these idiots representing you. We need to have a less crazy left that fields legitimate platforms and people. Tulsi should rise to the top, she’s the best candidate. But sadly they are so broken they punish excellence.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Other than giving them power and money, do these two like anything about America at all?

One wants to burn its economy to the ground, while constantly throwing shade against the only President in decades (at least) who actually fights for America's best interests with respect to foreign economic policy. The other rants and raves about Western Imperialism, even though she caucuses with a party that in the last month shit on the President for pulling troops out of a foreign country, and even though she refuses to condemn the genocide caused by the same government who her party says Trump is bending over backwards to appease. The only thing consistent with then is how much they seem to hate the American way of life.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I don't like anyone in the "Squad" and Ilhan was the weakest link in the four speakers I saw at that rally last night. She fumbled with her delivery a few times, deflated some of the energy built up by Nina Turner and Keith Ellison before her. Bernie didn't seem to be quite as enthusiastic as usual either, for that matter.

That said, Bernie and his campaign team have a knack for appealing to emotion, to the point where I'm looking at politicians I dislike or even loathe under a whole new light. Going through his Youtube channel's videos with Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib and Omar made me sympathize with all of them, had to snap myself out of it. :messenger_grimmacing_

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I finally have something positive to say about HRC. Thank you, Hillary, for denying this man a solid chance at the presidency and burning down the DNC in the process.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
This could be a good move or a bad move depending on how smartly or not Bernie's campaign uses this support. Bernie already achieved support from some conservative circles in the 2016 election and now he's gaining support from more radical left groups. That means he is able to talk in a broad range of interests but he has to do it smartly. He has to focus on social democracy and not so much on other topics, he has to convince a wide range of people that feel left behind by the system that social democracy is the best way to jump back in no matter their concerns. A little bit of how Mujica achieved his win in Uruguay back then, his party was called the Broad Front because they acknowledged that the people who could be impacted by leftists reforms is broad and diverse and the only way to unite them is to find common ground and demand each group to sacrifice some of their ideals to make the narrative more inclusive to other struggling people and it was widely succesful. Bernie should strive for the same, if he lets the woke left hijack his platform he will lose easily, he has to listen to what Obama and Pelosi were saying: you need to win a general election, you cant focus on just minority and racial issues and expect the general public to relate. I hope the leaders of each of these groups are smart enough to understand this and that Bernie has the diplomatic skills to make them understand it.

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
How could I go from liking Bernie so much to hating him so much in less then four years?

:(

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
This could be a good move or a bad move depending on how smartly or not Bernie's campaign uses this support. Bernie already achieved support from some conservative circles in the 2016 election and now he's gaining support from more radical left groups.
He has long since burnt any conservative populist appeal he may have had.

Reactions: Tesseract