• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Illinois Replaces Longest Running State House Speaker in US

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020

Finally, Mike Madigan is no longer the Illinois Speaker of the House. He’s basically been speaker since 1983. He’s being replaced by Emanuel “Chris” Welch. There’s a progressive push amongst Dems in Illinois. We’ll see how it goes.

I expect the corruption to continue. That’s what Illinois is best known for, corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle. Oh yeah, and corn. We love our underfunded pensions and high property taxes. The state is in great financial shape. Come join us.

EviLore EviLore Can I please get a title edit? I was happy on the posting trigger.

Illinois Replaces Longest Running State House Speaker in US

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
Where do you recommend? I friggin love Mercadito.

I like Dos Urban Cantina, El Habanero, and L’Patron in Logan Square as I lived in the area. I also like El Milagro on 26th and Nuevo León in Little Village. The best tamales used to be from this family at St Mary of the Angels in Bucktown preparing for Our Lady of Guadalupe, but they didn’t do it this year due to COVID.

• Fire
Reactions: Maiden Voyage

Pagusas

Elden Member
Jun 9, 2006
Prosper, Tx
Honestly they should just make the State Jail the new Capital Building and seat of government there. Would save a lot of time.

I moved from Illinois to Texas in 2014. One of my best life choices. Though I did love my school SIUC

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TKOFromTokyo

A Regular Guy

Feb 23, 2018
I use to love that place but their steak just started tasting funky to me. It's like they started adding beef bouillon to give it more flavor or something. Not a fan anymore. I do hit the neighborhood every once in awhile for Dunk Donuts, best chocolate frosted cake Donuts out there.
Yeah, that's why I only get their Carnitas, which is always sold out daily

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
I use to love that place but their steak just started tasting funky to me. It's like they started adding beef bouillon to give it more flavor or something. Not a fan anymore. I do hit the neighborhood every once in awhile for Dunk Donuts, best chocolate frosted cake Donuts out there.

Yeah, that's why I only get their Carnitas, which is always sold out daily

You guys ever go to Rosita’s in Westchester back in the early 90s? I was young, but I remember that place being really good. The old husband and wife who ran it retired and the kids and grandkids didn’t want to anymore. They sold it to someone else and it became terrible. I miss that place.