• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm about to buy the Nintendo Switch Bundle Suggestions

Which is the best games

• The legend of Zelda Breath of the wild

Votes: 32 65.3%
  • Mario Oddysey

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Mario kart 8

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Octopath Traveler

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • smash bros ultimate

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Hello friends, I'm about to buy The Nintendo Switch Neon.

I'm going to make a Bundle of 2 personal games. (The perfect bundle)

I want to ask you guys based on your experience, which game is the most fun, longest and best replay value?

Help me to build a awesome bundle
:messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Look, I bought a Switch back in October just for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and just beat it two days ago. I got just over 120 hours out of it and from the music, to story to art direction and voice acting, it was worth the price of the console.

I'm playing Octopath Traveler now and it's very good, on a smaller scale, but the story and music doesn't compare to Xenoblade. So if it were me, I would pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 along with a less demanding, fun game that you can jump in and out of. Think New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Toad Treasure Tracker or my favorite, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Once you beat Xenoblade, you can move on to another major game, like Octopath or Zelda.

Heimdall_Xtreme

And how is the online features?

Can i play without LAG or are still in some games?

I got Aprox 10 MB of speed

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
And how is the online features?

Can i play without LAG or are still in some games?

I got Aprox 10 MB of speed

If you're going to play competitive Smash, you may have issues. I suggest picking up an Ethernet adapter (you can use the Amazon basics, which works fine). For all other games, you should be fine.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Look, I bought a Switch back in October just for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and just beat it two days ago. I got just over 120 hours out of it and from the music, to story to art direction and voice acting, it was worth the price of the console.

I'm playing Octopath Traveler now and it's very good, on a smaller scale, but the story and music doesn't compare to Xenoblade. So if it were me, I would pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 along with a less demanding, fun game that you can jump in and out of.

These are the right answers if you're an RPG fan.

Codes 208

Smash bros and Mario kart are arguably the best party games if you want to play with friends either on the couch or online. Aside from those BotW has my vote for being a massive single player game. I also recommend games like hyrule warriors, Pokémon let’s go, Mario odyssey (why gaf looks down on this I’ll never know) and Mario raving rabbids (a surprisingly good Ubisoft game)

Also, Jokes on you guys
Mine’s purple:
OTiTROMh.jpg

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
- Zelda is necessary
- Mario Odyssey is always great fun and a ton of content
- Mario + Rabbids is surprisingly deep and enjoyable, and often found on sale
- I also recommend deliberately setting aside some of your money for the eShop--there are tons of gems on there

HeresJohnny

I prefer gray. And I wouldn't pick any of those games, but the one I would pick out of that list is Mario Oddyssey.

EDIT: still don't get the love for Zelda; it must get really good after a bit, because I still hate (yes, HATE) the weapon system.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Zelda or Mario is always a good choice.
SSBU might also be a good idea if you like that game.

Also go with Neon. Color is life, dont be dull!
Mario&Rabbids is on sale on the eshop at the moment, so go get that.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Tempered glass screen protector before you dock it. I use orzly but you get one with the best official case.

Hinedorf

Banned
Zelda and Splatoon 2.

Splatoon 2 is the hidden gem I've spent more time playing than any game next to Zelda. As far as an online FPS goes I would consider it far and away the most fun experience of any console.

Mr Hyde

You can´t go wrong with Xenoblade Chronicles and BoTW. They are great games with lots of value for your money. Although it might cause you a slight burnout on open world-games, so maybe change it up some with Mario Odyssey or another game from the list.

TLZ

Banned
- Zelda is necessary
- Mario Odyssey is always great fun and a ton of content
- Mario + Rabbids is surprisingly deep and enjoyable, and often found on sale
- I also recommend deliberately setting aside some of your money for the eShop--there are tons of gems on there
Good choice there, except I never bother with eshop games.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Out of the choices in your poll, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best all-around game. Plenty of fun playing solo unlocking stuff and mastering the tracks or doing time-trials. Battle mode is a real thing now. 48 racing tracks. Tons of characters. Tons of customization options. Try Baby Park at 200CC and hate me later.

Breath of the Wild would be my next pick.

Octopath Traveller would be my third pick.

Orenji Neko

Yes, Zelda, Mario, Xenoblade, Octopath, etc are outstanding choices. So many I can name that are already covered so I will submit something a little different: Horizon Chase Turbo. It's fun, for real, especially if you ever played and liked Top Gear back in the 16bit days. I'd actually even say it's quite addicting too and it has awesome music (same composer as Top Gear).

Arcade racing at its finest next to Outrun and the other classics. It's also only 20 bucks.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This my suggestion as well, not only the base game is 100 + hours long but also Monolith Soft did fantastic with DLC for this game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you like fighters, SSB is great. I bought that for my nieces, and I have fun too playing it even though I have no idea what I'm doing. It is a very polished games with lots of characters and backgrounds. Of course, it's a Nintendo game, so it's all cute and bubbly though.

Mario Ody or the Mario Deluxe that came out. Ody is a 3D game so it's lots of open world running around and exploring. So there's lots of dead time wandering around. Deluxe is a traditional 2D game like we all played in the 80s and 90s. Personally, I'd pick Deluxe. Ody looks like a game you got to sink a lot of time into. Deluxe also has some local MP too.

As someone recommended to me months ago, the same to you...... buy a screen protector. Should only be $10 or so.

Last edited:
I prefer gray. And I wouldn't pick any of those games, but the one I would pick out of that list is Mario Oddyssey.

EDIT: still don't get the love for Zelda; it must get really good after a bit, because I still hate (yes, HATE) the weapon system.
No it doesnt get really good. Its the same thing you do on the plateu essentially.

Also, OP, i wouldnt get mario odyssey. Avoid it imo.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Thank you such much guys for the answers.

Finally i got a Nintendo Switch Neon.

My games was

1.- The legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild

2.- Super Mario Oddisey

3.- Hyrule Warriors Definitive edition

That almost 10 years that i dont touch a Mario and Zelda games. but im happy with this console =)

Smasher89

Zelda, wiiu game that sadly lacks in progression, odyssey lacks in challenge (even in "early" postgame). Mk8 is decent with lots of content but removed firehopping in the switch iteration(would really have liked all tour cup or better start and finish points for online). Octopath is nice doing a chapter or 2, but not that "marathon friendly" as the structure gets fairly obvious really fast.

Ultimate has lots of content for sure so value is there, 800+ songs alone justifies it.

Xenoblade 2 is the best game on the switch atm even if it opens up the combat system slowly, excellent presentation and music, best gameplay in xenoblade even though it felt almost smaller than before, do beat 1 first for max enjoyment.

Extra recomendation since i went a bit negative on some titles, donkey kong country tropical freeze, the best 2d platformer there is, a true 10/10 game on the wii u that got a port to switch if you mised it initially.

Top Bottom