• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm At A Loss: Tim Buckly Launches CAD Kickstarter W/Every Pre-Reboot Strip In Print

HUELEN10

ii8KYAU.jpg

Holy shit.

Zubz

Banned
I genuinely feel irritated by Buckley, a man who started a "charity" then took the money for himself because it was a blip compared to Penny Arcade, having an overly-successful KickStarter while ones I like are struggling to meet the initial goal...

HUELEN10

I genuinely feel irritated by Buckley, a man who started a "charity" then took the money for himself because it was a blip compared to Penny Arcade, having an overly-successful KickStarter while ones I like are struggling to meet the initial goal...

But be honest, despite your opinion of the man and what he has and has not done, aren't you just the littlest bit curious about how this will all end?

Zubz

Banned
But be honest, despite your opinion of the man and what he has and has not done, aren't you just the littlest bit curious about how this will all end?

Unless this ending is Buckley himself admitting that he's a "cad" and donating his half-mil to charity for real this time, not really. I just have no interest in the plot outside of terrible it was, and I'd rather trust Zach Braff with a new KickStarter.

Hm....Am I the only one around here who thinks his console wars storylines are actually pretty good and funny ?

I know everyone else already made "Castle Vidcons" comments, but that's really what it is: Castle Vidcons, but trading out the detailed artstyle and fascinating medieval conflict for a generic, gray, muddy battlefield. And without the perspective of any console that isn't the PS4, apparently.

HUELEN10

24 hours to go and...

Well, take a look for yourself; it's probably gonna end at .6 million dollars.

Point six MILLION U.S. Dollars.

Why does he like to put a lot of words anyway? It's easily one of the sins of a strip.

Because he usually blurts out the punchline in the first or second panel of the script, and has to drag the joke out for two or three more panels because he refuses (or used to; he's gotten better about this now) to abandon the four-panel format, which usually consists of little more than explaining the joke and dumping exposition that nobody cares about.

WEGGLES

24 hours to go and...

Yeah, it's nearly at 0.0006 BILLION.Sheesh. Pushing 0.0000006 Trillion! Crazy.

(seriously tho, the guy is a hack and I'm blown away he has this many fans... still)

Dremark

Banned
24 hours to go and...

He's actually broken .6 Million now and still has half a day left. Maybe he can reach .65 or maybe even .7 Million.

Regardless you did a good job raising awareness of the project with this thread, maybe he'll list you as special thanks when the book comes out.

way more

I thought this was the update announcing he had fled to Samoa and the IRS was investigating. Oh well, there is still the rest of the year.

Ivan 3414

He's actually broken .6 Million now and still has half a day left. Maybe he can reach .65 or maybe even .7 Million.

Regardless you did a good job raising awareness of the project with this thread, maybe he'll list you as special thanks when the book comes out.

lol.

TheSun

I always like bumps like these. I get to see why some gaffers don't post any more.

"Oh, they're banned."

So, loss huh. Did Huelen ever get that credit from Buckley like they deserve.

sibarraz

Banned
I hate necro bumps that doesn't give updates to the original thread, but holy shit, in this case, is just pure art, is a top 10 in the loss parodies history

btw, what happened to the kickstarter? Did buckley delivered the comics?

TheSun

Come to think, I want to know what came of all this too.

Of course the OP can't update the thread, but I'm hoping someone has the hidden scoops.

Top Bottom