• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm At A Loss: Tim Buckly Launches CAD Kickstarter W/Every Pre-Reboot Strip In Print

HUELEN10

jbvz6ROJAfCNuk.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1983987666/ctrl-alt-del-10-the-box-set
WELP, Tim Buckley (known by many other names) is going big or going home with a hardcover anthology set. Looking back, I don't see how I was ever into this strip, but it still has its fans.

Sorry Tim, My heart belongs to Ronnie now. Anyone a fan of this still? Anyone biting?

And this is coming from a damned fool that threw away her money on the "Premium" animated series.

McDougles

Sorry, too late for me to be typing and missed the first part of the title.

OT: At least it's not a Kickstarter for a $10 podcast.

Hoo-doo

Banned
jbvz6ROJAfCNuk.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1983987666/ctrl-alt-del-10-the-box-set
WELP, Tim Buckley (known by many other names) is going big or going home with a hardcover anthology set. Looking back, I don't see how I was ever into this strip, but it still has its fans.

Sorry Tim, My heart belongs to Ronnie now. Anyone a fan of this still? Anyone biting?

And this is coming from a damned fool that threw away her money on the "Premium" animated series.

Holy shit. That shit should be carved into your tombstone so your shame will be everlasting.

RedShift

Kickstarter does sound an easier way to make dough than raising money for charity then using it to buy an expensive art tablet for yourself that you use to copy and paste the same B^U face onto each character.

HUELEN10

Holy shit. That shit should be carved into your tombstone so your shame will be everlasting.

It gets worse...
ZbHRWYS.jpg

Yeah, I am not proud of it, not in the slightest. To think, I could have used all that money for something good, like good video games, or some movies or something. Honestly though, knowing I wasn't the only idiot that spent money on this shit is at least somewhat comforting.

This will never not make me laugh. Can't believe I enjoyed this guys work once upon a time.

Is there an additional panel or something in the original version that all the parodies are cutting out? If there's a punchline here (excluding whatever the parody versions are bringing to the table), I'm missing it.

SalvaPot

That Strip is indeed legendary. I made a version a while ago.

cg443qB.jpg

But, yeah, I have never been a fan of his work, it always seemed bland to me.

Only Tim Buckley would offer a "Kickstarter-exclusive wallpaper."

I hope it's just a 1920x1080 yellow square with the word "wallpaper" on it.

way more

I always thought CAD was just a crappy webcomic out of the sea that is the internet. It wasn't till the miscarriage comic that I wondered how other cartoonists could hate him so much.

This podcast featuring other known internet comic makers explains it well

http://ww.libsyn.com/webcomics-weekly-1-reboots

OH does it ever. What a scumbag that guy is. It's a great listen if you want somewhere to direct your hate for a while.

I always thought CAD was just a crappy webcomic out of the sea that is the internet. It wasn't till the miscarriage comic that I wondered how other cartoonists could hate him so much.

This podcast featuring other known internet comic makers explains it well

http://ww.libsyn.com/webcomics-weekly-1-reboots

OH does it ever. What a scumbag that guy is. It's a great listen if you want somewhere to direct your hate for a while.

I have been looking on the internet for this forever, I love you so much.

Jobbs

Banned
That Strip is indeed legendary. I made a version a while ago.

cg443qB.jpg

But, yeah, I have never been a fan of his work, it always seemed bland to me.

I've seen spoofs of it 8,000 times, but never seen the original. what is it and why is it so infamous? I'm out of the loop here.

HUELEN10

CAD getting a successful kickstarter?

I feel so very old...

Don't feel old. Now, if Raine Dog ever gets reimagined, THEN I'll feel old.
XMwQi3g.jpg

But unlike Dana Simpson, I don't think Mr. Buckley, with all due respect. ever took the time to reassess the good his work had to make it great, and take criticism to improve as an artist.
uOfz0Tq.jpg

Dana's the anti-Buckley; she took a step back, found herself, didn't let life drama poison her talents, and came back confident enough to win a contest, impress Scott Adams himself, and come up with the most wonderful kid-friendly newspaper strip in years.
Tim could learn a lot from her.

Corpekata

Banned
I've seen spoofs of it 8,000 times, but never seen the original. what is it and why is it so infamous? I'm out of the loop here.

It's a comic about his girlfriend having a miscarriage. It was infamous for being a tonal misfire given it's a goofy webcomic.

Top Bottom