• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm at home, alone... with hundreds of games at my disposal...

My girlfriend is currently at the mall in Laredo, TX with my mom. They went shopping and they went to check out her wedding dress.

I'm here at home, alone... I haven't go out since I woke up. I took a shower in the morning, I already had breakfast and I already had lunch. I'm here alone with my current gen systems plugged in... a 360, Wii, PS3, 3DS, DS...

I have literally hundreds of unplayed games... and still, I don't feel like playing. I just started to play Chrono Trigger DS a few hours ago and I just played the game like 10 minutes...

Lately, I have noticed that I enjoy talking about videogames or collecting them than playing them.

What's wrong with me?

=(

Fernando Rocker said:
My girlfriend is currently at the mall in Laredo, TX with my mom. They went shopping and they went to check out her wedding dress.

I'm here at home, alone... I haven't go out since I woke up. I took a shower in the morning, I already had breakfast and I already had lunch. I'm here alone with my current gen systems plugged in... a 360, Wii, PS3, 3DS, DS...

I have literally hundreds of unplayed games... and still, I don't feel like playing. I just started to play Chrono Trigger DS a few hours ago and I just played the game like 10 minutes...

Lately, I have noticed that I enjoy talking about videogames or collecting them than playing them.

What's wrong with me?

=(

It happens to everyone. I almost feel like I'm collecting them more than playing them these days.

Teknoman

hey_it's_that_dog said:
You have too many games and you are experiencing choice paralysis.

THATS what its called! I dont think I have that many on the verge of just collecting for the hell of it (everything I own, I like). But, when you come across multiple cheap games at once, and still have a few in your backlog, its hard to choose what to sit down with (especially if you've got co-op options).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
cw_sasuke said:
Gaming has changed.

Or maybe everyone is getting older?

I'm 20 and I feel like this, although I still play quite a bit.

akira28

clashfan said:
Do you ever take your clothes off and pile all your games on top of yourself? Maybe I'm the only one?

I have like 50 games sitting in the chair next to me. The stack keeps me company while I GAF. Every so often I'll glance over a give it a nod.

I also keep my DS Lite handy, as it is covenient for gaming. I'm currently beefing with half my Halo crew so fuck them. But all these other games..I have an unopened Mass Effect 2.

Grinchy

Banned
For me it always takes one game that reminds me I like enjoy playing games just for the sake of playing them. Minecraft was like that, for example. I was getting tired of games until I bought that, which reignited my enjoyment of all games. I was almost getting to the point where I was only playing games so that I could talk about them.

Yeah... the only games I still enjoy a lot are 2D platformers and most of the Nintendo first party games. But I even get bored playing those games.

I just didn't like most games this gen.

Fernando Rocker said:
Yeah... the only games I still enjoy a lot are 2D platformers and most of the Nintendo first party games.

I just didn't like most games this gen.

It's not the games, it's you.

Yen

I'm like this too but solely because I'm anxious for the last week in September to start the whole Q4 madness.

Ps. Is Chrono Trigger DS worth picking up as someone who's never played it before? (Is it flawed or the definitive version?)

Yenrot said:
I'm like this too but solely because I'm anxious for the last week in September to start the whole Q4 madness.

Ps. Is Chrono Trigger DS worth picking up as someone who's never played it before? (Is it flawed or the definitive version?)

It's the definitive version... it has no loading times (unlike the PS1 version), all the HUD is on the lower screen, so the upper gameplay screen is clean, and it has all the PS1 cutscenes. Plus it has an extra dungeon.

johnsmith

remember me
Hundreds of games? Jesus christ. Stop buying games. It's a waste of money at this point. You should probably just start getting rid of most of them. With a wedding coming up i'm sure you could use the money. Don't buy any new games unless you're going to play and beat it immediately.

Salsa

you just dont feel like playing games atm

cherish those moments, i would be much more worried if i found myself wanting to play a game everyday everytime

What's worse is I'm stuck inside because of the tropical storm.

What did I play today?

Super Mario Bros. 3. I made it all the way throughout World 4 and stopped at World 5. Got a little tired of it and took a break, but I left the NES on in the other room to finish up later.

Yen

Fernando Rocker said:
It's the definitive version... it has no loading times (unlike the PS1 version), all the HUD is on the lower screen, so the upper gameplay screen is clean, and it has all the PS1 cutscenes. Plus it has an extra dungeon.
Cool, thanks. Might pick it up.

JJD

I know the feeling. I must have 30 something games on my backlog and I only want to play Battlefield.

akira28

JJD said:
I know the feeling. I must have 30 something games on my backlog and I only want to play Battlefield.

Ah, I still have to finish Dragon Rising so I can get the new one. I'll go play some of that.

What we need are game sommeliers.

I have so many games that I haven't started yet, I feel bad for looking forward to new games this coming month. These are all on 360:

Gears of war 2 (I know).
Modern warfare 2
Red dead redemption
Dead Rising 2
Borderlands
Alone in the Dark
Assassins Creed 1
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Viva pinata 2
Fuel

I've still got countless games to finish up including

Just cause 2
WWE Allstars
Halo Reach
Duke nukem (meh)
Quake 4 (LTTP)

I'm still not done with Super Street Fighter 4, by the time I get round to Arcade Edition I bet another editions out.

I feel disgusted with myself just looking at all those games Ive not started. Why cant i be 'bothered' to play them? Often I've been tempted by borderlands but I just feel overwhelmed by the sheer scale of it and just cant be arsed. I wish games didnt have 20 minute cut scenes to wade through before you get to play them, it really puts me off.

I was brought up on sega systems and the dreamcast was my favourite. I think I'm a sega gamer at heart, I long for those days where you put in crazy taxi and you're away. Sega would have thrived this gen with online leaderboards, etc. I'd have loved it. Just the other day I saw a Daytona cabinet and couldnt resist having a go just to have my name at the top of the scoreboard.. The online we all take for granted these days is a perfect opportunity to make arcade scores relevant again, and not just in XBLA titles.

I just want to add that I do actually get round to playing some games, I've recently 1000/1000 Need for speed hot pursuit and Batman arkham asylum. I thoroughly enjoy both games, despite batman being filled with cutscenes, haha

It's the Full Pantry Effect. The more games you have available to play (or at least, the more unfinished games you're concurrently playing), the less you feel like playing each individual one. You suddenly become really picky about what you want to play. See also; huge Steam backlogs.

I played Pac-Man, Galaxians, Dig Dug, Rally-X and Bosconian (mostly Bosconian) for like 3 and half hours today.

Fucking ruled.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
It's the Full Pantry Effect. The more games you have available to play (or at least, the more unfinished games you're concurrently playing), the less you feel like playing each individual one. You suddenly become really picky about what you want to play. See also; huge Steam backlogs.

That sounds like someone improving their taste in games.

kyubajin

Your description couldn't fit my case any better. My technique for such cases is to just stick to a game and finish it, just 1 game. I've purchased close to 10 games this summer and have played them all for a couple of hours, then I got into Tactics Ogre (PSP) and have been playing it 40+ hours straight without switching to anything else. Just try to stick to one game you really like :)

kyubajin said:
Your description couldn't fit my case any better. My technique for such cases is to just stick to a game and finish it, just 1 game. I've purchased close to 10 games this summer and have played them all for a couple of hours, then I got into Tactics Ogre (PSP) and have been playing it 40+ hours straight without switching to anything else. Just try to stick to one game you really like :)

That's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to start next week with Star Fox 64...

X26

Banned
I'm gonna go make a park in rollercoaster tycoon 2 now and drink some OJ, truly living the high life here

Tenck

Sometimes I feel like this. Currently have 40 games in my steam account. Just bought two yesterday because I really felt like playing them. I log in on Steam, and what do I do?!?! I play TF2!!!

Now I'm bored and will see what I can do that's not video game related :/

I'm the same, OP. Like 200 games in my closet and the vast majority are still sealed, I just like talking about them on GAF and buying them.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Stop buying so many games. Only buy games you really, really want, like when you were a kid. Just 2 or 3 games a year so they are always fresh and you're excited to play.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Aren't you the guy who donates plasma to buy games?

Maybe you wouldn't need to, if you stopped buying games :p

Top Bottom