• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm in a full day of mandatory diversity training

OmegaSupreme

Apr 17, 2019
Nothing like that here. I'm in Southeast GA so I doubt that kind of thing will ever happen lol

showernota

Jun 6, 2020
Someone should've said that holding people in a group like that, potentially against their will, is akin to slavery.

Ballthyrm

Jun 21, 2013
Montpellier
If the trainer is white, you can always say that you don't feel safe learning from someone like them.
Best defence is offence and you can always go wokier than thou.

Also you can always invoke pluralistic ignorance or the circlar reasoning of the book "white fragility"
I guess the line to James Damore is reached pretty fast...

Silence is what these programs are after, they put the cost of talking so high that people are afraid of talking.

It's just like the US justice system with prosecutors pilling up offences, they want you to plea.
The cost of fighting it is soo high that they want people to plead guilty even if they are innocent.
The worst part is this analogy is that you won't get a jury of your peers but instead a very public trial by public opinion.

The only way to win is not to play, don't apologize, don't explain, don't engage.
These people don't create anything, if you give them nothing, they will have nothing to destroy.

Spokker

May 31, 2011
My employer's training was more grounded in reality. It was presented by lawyers and they cited the law, including real court cases, often. It was more of a lesson on how to avoid lawsuits. It wasn't a blame whitey fest.

BigBooper

Feb 28, 2018
If the trainer is white, you can always say that you don't feel safe learning from someone like them.
Best defence is offence and you can always go wokier than thou.

Also you can always invoke pluralistic ignorance or the circlar reasoning of the book "white fragility"
I guess the line to James Damore is reached pretty fast...

Silence is what these programs are after, they put the cost of talking so high that people are afraid of talking.

It's just like the US justice system with prosecutors pilling up offences, they want you to plea.
The cost of fighting it is soo high that they want people to plead guilty even if they are innocent.
The worst part is this analogy is that you won't get a jury of your peers but instead a very public trial by public opinion.

The only way to win is not to play, don't apologize, don't explain, don't engage.
These people don't create anything, if you give them nothing, they will have nothing to destroy.
That's sounds dangerous. What if they are convinced by his extreme wokeness and then get him to teach the class? Then he's standing around instructing men on how to use tampons while the lyrics of the Creed hit My Own Prison run through his head.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
We need more folks like him.
It was a great conversation. He said he didn't think the government was systemically racist and that all the old racist laws have been changed or done away with. Someone else said that is not true. He then asked for examples of racist laws. The person then replied with "the government is just racist!". Then the conversation stopped there.

hyperbertha

Nov 24, 2018
Acquaintance is a high school counselor. They were all given a copy of White Fragility. I thought she was joking until she showed up and gave it to me lol.
So they are going all in on high schools too. I would leak it to someone like James Lindsay or anybody actively speaking about it. It needs to be brought to public attention. White fragility is pure propaganda and not meant to be ingested uncritically.

One of the managers there was talking a lot and seems to have drank the kool aid. Never would have thought him to be that type. The only other leadership person I recognized didn't speak the whole time.
Corporations are pressured by woke groups to create new woke positions and then policies are changed to increasingly woke proportions. Either your manager is a retard who can't think for himself and recently swallowed the woke pill or he has been radical all along.. Not much you need to do except raise awareness against what is pure propaganda being disguised as 'facts'. Point as many people as you can to sources where they can learn actual truths about the woke movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariseldon

The Pleasure

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
You do not sound like you are enjoying your re-education, Comrade. Perhaps we take you to a back room to discuss? Maybe we look at some pictures of your children together, yes? We can be friends, Comrade, but you must first show us you want to be friends.
Thank god I'm Mexican. Re-education os for white people. Mexicans are free to avoid it. Look at George Lopez. He's still telling jokes white people wish they could say.

JayK47

Nov 2, 2019
At the very least I would start looking for a new job. I would like to think my company would never do something like this. No signs of BLM support or SJW pandering on their social media accounts and they actually recognized July 4th and 9/11.

Umbral

May 7, 2020
At the very least I would start looking for a new job. I would like to think my company would never do something like this. No signs of BLM support or SJW pandering on their social media accounts and they actually recognized July 4th and 9/11.
Where do I send my resume? lol

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Try doing this with truck drivers, we are already a herd of cats with the mindset of, "Piss me off one more time asshole, I'll have another job in a week!"

I have 5 great years of time in at my current company, I'll walk the moment they get dumb enough to try this nonsense. Get some other simp to haul your food for you.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie - 12Deflections
Mar 1, 2017
Yeah, this is becoming full on Nazi Germany Soviet Russia tier nightmare shit.

It needs to be stopped.
Yeah, op is getting paid to sit through a meeting about reducing workplace discrimination and promoting positive workplace relationships with ppl that are different than you. It might be cringe and stupid as shit, but it's not quite Nazi Germany Russia nightmare level shit. Get a grip.

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Jun 8, 2004
Holy Terra
With so many companies shifting to permanent work from home setups, these people must be shitting bricks that they can't flog this stuff as much in the future. Good luck enforcing this stuff in the future when no one is coming in to an office.

SinDelta

May 21, 2020
Yeah, op is getting paid to sit through a meeting about reducing workplace discrimination and promoting positive workplace relationships with ppl that are different than you. It might be cringe and stupid as shit, but it's not quite Nazi Germany Russia nightmare level shit. Get a grip.
"White people are racist."

Positive?

Quite the opposite.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Jan 24, 2015

brettski2024

Dec 3, 2013
They always say “This is an open forum for discussion so you can feel safe to speak your mind.” but I dare anyone to contest what they’re teaching. You’ll be pulled into a manager’s office afterward, scolded, and may even lose your job.
my good friend chose to just not say anything in his corporate BLM breakout session (more like white guilt confessional) and was later told by his manager that it was reported he didn’t join in. He is too good at his job to get fired and he told his manager he thought it was a joke. Good for him.

Umbral

May 7, 2020
my good friend chose to just not say anything in his corporate BLM breakout session (more like white guilt confessional) and was later told by his manager that it was reported he didn’t join in. He is too good at his job to get fired and he told his manager he thought it was a joke. Good for him.
I got a similar treatment where they asked why I didn’t say anything. I told them “I didn’t have anything to say.” and that was it.

Reactions: brettski2024

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
I hope someone asked them real critical questions. Like: “what is the target diversity for a given organization? As in what percentage of the org should be which group? Are these groups stack ranked? What about the groups not represented? There are over 100 ethnicities and when you multiply that by sexual preference, gender identity and religion it becomes thousands. What if you org only has 100 people which groups should we prioritize? And why? “

this puts them in a choice. Disregard you (which says it all), lie and make an incoherent rambling of platitudes that cannot stand up to scrutiny (also says it all), admit their dogma is illogical (doubt they see the obvious at this point) or actually answer your question honestly, thus displaying the bias in action (most likely as they will not see that they just proved the emperor wears no clothes)

Last edited:

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
I’m African American. My ancestors migrated from Africa 80,000 years ago.
That’s a good one. Should ask the facilitator “After how many generations is a person no longer associated with their home of origin. An example; after how many generations in the US is a person no longer considered “African American”?”

they will of course say “it doesn’t matter” and bam you have your checkmate lol

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Why do they keep pushing that White Fragility book? The author is a self professed racist who feels uncomfortable when in a room with black people. Under their own rules that person should have been cancelled rather than celebrated.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007
I just turned in my harassment prevention training. Definitely some tough questions.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Definitely worth looking. I'm fortunate to work for a company that, while a decent size, has managed to avoid having a HR department. It's a remarkable and wonderful thing. Honestly, I don't even mind doing 4 people's jobs (lost 2, 1 in furlough) because the company culture is so much better for it. You can actually talk to people as human beings and discuss things rationally without HR fucking things up.

What you need to do is find a medium-sized company that doesn't have a HR department. Sorted.

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Discrimination is not getting any more frequent, people are just dumber and weaker. Seminars, as described in the OP, create an aura of oppression, fear and limited expression. They exist only because there are more and more people with extremely low self-esteem or even psychological disorders.