• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm looking to buy an Xbox on ebay.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
This is my first time using ebay, so I might screw up a little :p. Before I show the deals I just want to know, is the price mentioned the highest bid so far or is that the minimum the owner wants?

rc213

Most likely the highest bid. Unless u see a small logo that says "Buy It Now" its the current highest bid.

psycho_snake

I also wanna know how you make a search to see what offers ship worldwide. i cant seem to do that.

rc213

That's a tough one. Im still a noob at the whole ebay thing. They usually state in the Shipping and payment details at the bottom.

belgurdo

Banned
The bid you see on screen is the highest that the Ebay system has bid for the highest bidder; sometimes, the bidder may have bid more than that and if someone doesn't bid enough to beat their price Ebay will raise their bid to keep them as the top bidder.

And for shipping, it'll usually say so somewhere in the description or the bottom of the screen; if it doesn't you have to ask the seller because they're likely waiting for auction end to determine what kind of shipping they'll use

rc213

Hey belgurdo, thanks for letting me know a cc wasnt needed to bid on most items on ebay. Already won me a few xbox live games on the cheap. =)

psycho_snake

Ive managed to find a copy of tales of symphonia for $29.99 saying buy it now. If I click on buy it now do I get it without bidding?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Almokla, yes, there are several places, and it's going to cost you between $250-$400 depending on what you want done with the system. PM if you want to know where I got mine.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
psycho_snake said:
I also wanna know how you make a search to see what offers ship worldwide. i cant seem to do that.

Get into the category you want to be viewing (games, consoles, whatever) then there should be a search bar at the top of the page (underneath the tabs saying 'Auctions' and 'Buy it now'), next to the search box is the Refine search button, click that, on the screen that brings up there is an option "Available to" select that option and the country you want.

psycho_snake

Ok, I've found an Xbox for $73 that has not been used and ships worldwide. $150 dollars is the highest I will go if I need to. I just want to make sure I don't do anything wrong, considering this is my first time. Should I e-mail the seller to tell them I am an international bidder and ask them about my shipoping fees or will they tell me that if I win the bid? Also, what is the best way to pay? Last but not least, is this safe. This seller has had a lot of posative comments about how they sell their items, so should I go for it?

psycho_snake

jedimike said:
Definitely email the seller. A lot of sellers try to make more money by charging inflated shipping charges.
would it be better to e-mail the seller before I make a bid or does it not really matter?

psycho_snake

I found a crystal coloured Xbox for $175 dollars. it looks really nice but should I pay the extra money?

also, please answer my above question

Ecrofirt

almokla said:
Is there any place to buy a modded XB online ?

and I don't want it to be expensive ..

I don't care if its used or not ..

Modding your Xbox really isn't hard. I promise.

If you're not fond of soldering, look into a solderless option. I'll tell you now though, if you get chip with a solderless adapter, you shouldn't move your box around much. The adapters come loose, from what I understand. Don't fret though, there's an alternative.

With the Xbit, the chip ITSELF is solderless. All you have to do is get it in place, and screw it in. You could have your Xbox modded in a half hour.

It's really easy stuff.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Email before you bid, a bid is a contract, you shouldnt ever go back on it.

Crystal Xbox was PAL only, i thought you wanted a NTSC box.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Firstly Thompsons failure ratio is a total myth, ive got 2 thompson drives (1 since launch) and never had a problem with either, they read any CDRW i throw at them, not that theres even a need to use CDRW's that often. Yes a Samsung or Phillips might read more media but it doesnt make that much difference.

Secondly you can still get thompson drives from retail so buying a 'new' system doesnt ensure you will get a samsung drive.

aerofx

Unless the Thompson drive's motor goes out, which is a case I haven't heard of yet, you can still replace the lens for 13 dollars. Philips/Samsung lens are 26 dollars.

JayFro

Banned
Ebay is a great place to score a deal on an Xbox. My Xbox is 2 years old and is a Thompson and I've never had a problem with it. I also recently had it modded through a great site for around $200. The guy had it done in one day and total time from me shipping out to it coming back was 8 days. He popped in a 120 gig HD as well as a chip and emu stuff. I wish I had done it earlier and I would highly suggest going to this guy if you have $200 to spend. If anyone wants the name of the site send me a pm. Later

JayFro

Top Bottom