• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I'm not a big fan of Xbox 1.5"-Phil Spencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
WUT

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...e-and-a-half-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

"I’m not a big fan of Xbox One and a half. If we’re going to move forward, I want to move forward in big numbers," Spencer said. "I don’t know anything about any of the rumors that are out there, but I can understand other teams’ motivations to do that. For us, our box is doing well. It performs, it’s reliable, the servers are doing well. If we’re going to go forward with anything, like I said, I want it to be a really substantial change for people – an upgrade "

EDIT: Link fixed

Serick

Married Member
So they will potentially have the weakest console on the market then.

People worried about the PS4 getting the short end of the stick vs. the PS4K wont have much to worry about then.

dugdug

Banned
I'm sure they are anxious to ditch the name "Xbox One" as soon as possible.

Edit: oh, I took this to mean he wasn't a fan of the name "Xbox 1.5"

Sakura

So they will potentially have the weakest console on the market then.

People worried about the PS4 getting the short end of the stick vs. the PS4K wont have much to worry about then.

Sure, but for how long? Xbox 360 came out just 4 years after the Xbox.
Xbox 2 could come out end of 2018 (or even 2017 but I doubt that) or something and then it would be the strongest thing out there.

Corpekata

Banned
Sounds to me like he's just not a fan of the name everyone's given it or the implication it's only going to be a small step rather than actually against the general idea.

CHC

APRIL FOOL'S

No but really, I see what he's saying and I see WHY he is saying it. He's good at psychology... by saying that he's not a fan of the idea of an incremental upgrade, he is getting people used to the idea that the Xbox "two" (or whatever they call it) will be a substantial upgrade.

Really doens't go against the other things that MS has been saying, but Phil knows his stuff in terms of how to word things to plant the seeds of certain ideas in consumers minds.

Also here's the actual working link:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...e-and-a-half-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

Well I guess this kills the, "Xbox is farther along in their upgrade" talk. But could he mean they going to come out with their next console in say 2018 instead of 2020?

He hasn't said no to a mid-gen upgrade. Unless I'm reading it wrong, he thinks it'll be more of a substantial upgrade than what he thinks Sony has planned.

Kezen

Banned
They can't let Sony proceed with their PS4K plans without something to counter it. There is no doubt in my mind a new Xbox One will go head to head with the PS4K but as Spencer suggests this needs to be quite an upgrade over the existing model.

Rellik

Xbox One Point Five

But I'd be surprised if they didn't do something if the rumours of PS4K are true.

Asd202

Sure, but for how long? Xbox 360 came out just 4 years after the Xbox.
Xbox 2 could come out end of 2018 (or even 2017 but I doubt that) or something and then it would be the strongest thing out there.

Until early 2019 when Sony will release PS5.

wait so what does he think of the xbox upgraded controller,
didn't we hear it first that x1 was getting an upgrade?
Aprils fools right, trying to second doubt sony ps4k?

I give up, this is to much for me :(

Toki767

He hasn't said no to a mid-gen upgrade. Unless I'm reading it wrong, he thinks it'll be more of a substantial upgrade than what he thinks Sony has planned.
Well the Xbox One is already weaker than the PS4. If the Xbox model is equal to the PS4K model, then that will in fact be a much more substantial upgrade.

That word play in action.

Ok...going back to playing games now lol. All this speculating on what industry folks say and don't say then guessing about new hardware has run its course for me. Have fun guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom