• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm TeezzyD and I get respect

highrider

Banned
dhsbvQl.jpg

Mine :p But I only paint my own stuff.

That’s all you need 👍 Cool SRI mini, never seen that in green 🤔

Patrick S.

Banned
That’s all you need 👍 Cool SRI mini, never seen that in green 🤔

I think the European models are called slightly different, and come in different colours than the American Teknas. The one I have is a SRIW, it differs from the SRI in that it's suitable for waterbourne paint. The regular SRI was blue, like the full size GTI in the picture. My guns are all older models, but I keep them well maintained, and I'm super happy with them :)

highrider

Banned
I think the European models are called slightly different, and come in different colours than the American Teknas. The one I have is a SRIW, it differs from the SRI in that it's suitable for waterbourne paint. The regular SRI was blue, like the full size GTI in the picture. My guns are all older models, but I keep them well maintained, and I'm super happy with them :)

Yeah everything is waterborne/HVLP here. We do have some nice hybrid caps on clear guns now. I geek out over spray guns, I like older ones a lot.

JimiNutz

Banned
My name is JimiNutz and I fuck little sluts
Bend them over, fuck their booty, with some deep hard thrusts
My dick is uncut and it's covered in crusts
And I'll slap their Daddy 'round the face if he tries to interrupt

notseqi

I am notseqi and I'm here to say
your hygienic problems make me feel sick, oy vey
My concern for your interest in little sluts is high
I believe your imminent demise might be nigh
Open up, FBI

Pull back the skin and rub it with a brillo pad once a week.

JimiNutz

Banned
I am notseqi and I'm here to say
your hygienic problems make me feel sick, oy vey
My concern for your interest in little sluts is high
I believe your imminent demise might be nigh
Open up, FBI

Hi notseqi, I like your rhyme
Sorry bout my hygiene but I ain't got no time
At least my nuts aren't covered in slime
FBI stay away, fucking sluts ain't no crime

Patrick S.

Banned
Yeah everything is waterborne/HVLP here. We do have some nice hybrid caps on clear guns now. I geek out over spray guns, I like older ones a lot.

Yeah, here in Germany it's supposed to be super regulated, too. Theoretically, solvent based paint is only permissible to be used on utility vehicles like trucks, tractors etc., but in reality, when you go out to buy paint, the paint shop will almost always just sell you solvent based paint without even asking if you want it waterbourne. Or they'll look at you perplexed or call a colleague if you specifically ask for waterboune, because they're not sure how to mix it. Weird.

Anyway, I like the older DeVilbiss guns a lot, too. Germany is 99,9999% SATA though, so getting spare parts for discontinued DeVilbiss guns is probably a bit more difficult. On the other hand, DeVilbiss guns don't wear out as much as SATAS, right? :p

Man, I'm way too geeky about spray guns myself, and I'm just an aspiring hobby painter, haha. I repaired a dent in the side panel and then painted that side of my car this summer using the blue GTi, and did some touching up with the SRiW, and the surfaces turned out like glass :) So that motivated me a lot to paint some more, and I'm looking forward for next spring/summer to do some stuff on the wife's car. It's probably too cold here already to do it now, as it's only like 12°C, and I'm going to paint in my unheated garage again, so I think I better wait.

highrider

Banned
Yeah, here in Germany it's supposed to be super regulated, too. Theoretically, solvent based paint is only permissible to be used on utility vehicles like trucks, tractors etc., but in reality, when you go out to buy paint, the paint shop will almost always just sell you solvent based paint without even asking if you want it waterbourne. Or they'll look at you perplexed or call a colleague if you specifically ask for waterboune, because they're not sure how to mix it. Weird.

Yeah Sata is probably the biggest in America, Iwata is right there as well. Devilbiss is starting to get more popular since Tekna came out but I always preferred Devilbiss. The seem to lay down material a little nicer and they aren’t fidgety like a lot of guns, full fan, full fluid they just work.

Anyway, I like the older DeVilbiss guns a lot, too. Germany is 99,9999% SATA though, so getting spare parts for discontinued DeVilbiss guns is probably a bit more difficult. On the other hand, DeVilbiss guns don't wear out as much as SATAS, right? :p

Man, I'm way too geeky about spray guns myself, and I'm just an aspiring hobby painter, haha. I repaired a dent in the side panel and then painted that side of my car this summer using the blue GTi, and did some touching up with the SRiW, and the surfaces turned out like glass :) So that motivated me a lot to paint some more, and I'm looking forward for next spring/summer to do some stuff on the wife's car. It's probably too cold here already to do it now, as it's only like 12°C, and I'm going to paint in my unheated garage again, so I think I better wait.

Yeah Sata is big here as well, Iwata is kind of neck and neck with Sata. Less guys use Devilbiss but I always preferred them. Full fluid, full fan, no fuss working guns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom