• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images / concept art of nearly all maps in Battlefield 4

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope I'm not doing anything wrong... if I am, please let me know and I'll remove them. But EA / DICE did post them on Battlelog, I just put 2 and 2 together, the names were posted on Mordor HQ and just checked the URLs of images, then they worked. We've seen nearly all the maps in trailers anyway.

Siege of Shanghai:
mp_siege.jpg

Paracel Storm:
mp_naval.jpg

Operation Locker:
mp_prison.jpg

'Damage' (the Dam map from the Levolution trailer):
mp_damage.jpg

'Flooded' (the Levee map from the trailers):
mp_flooded.jpg

'Abandoned' (the Forest map from the trailers):
mp_abandoned.jpg

Golmud Railway:
mp_journey.jpg

'Resort':
mp_resort.jpg

'Tremors':
mp_tremors.jpg

'Dish':
mp_dish.jpg

6 out of the 10 map names are just internal and aren't final.

I would like some wide open BFBC2 style maps. How about a map on a country side and farm with minimal buildings? BF3 and BF4 maps seem to urban for my tastes.

majik13

I would like some wide open BFBC2 style maps. How about a map on a country side and farm with minimal buildings? BF3 and BF4 maps seem to urban for my tastes.

agreed that a lot of BF3 was too urban. but it looks like 4 might have a better variety, looks like only a few are urban maps going off these. Mainly Shanghai, Flooded and Tremors. Possibly Op Locker, but haven't seen enough, that may just be a lot of CQC

Dug

Banned
Battlefield 3 had a DLC map called Armored Shield which is like that:

Armored_Shield_CQ_64_Overlay.png

Kinda reminded me of Heavy Metal from BC2.

I agree though, I would like more wide open maps.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Twas one of my favorites. A little too large for adequate 32 player play, though 64 players would be grand.

Was this an expansion DLC map? I didn't buy the season pack or DLC but i'm planning to for BF4.

Lakitu

st5fu
Volcano and earthquake maps!

Finally the dream of multiplayer earthquakes comes true.

That does look like a volcano. Didn't notice that at first.

Map seems varied enough. I should note that the one worded map titles are just internal it seems.

Was this an expansion DLC map? I didn't buy the season pack or DLC but i'm planning to for BF4.

Yeah, it's Armored Shield in the Armored Kill DLC.

Concept17

The concept art is nice. Would love to see some overview maps like this though. Would be neat to see how they go about designing their maps for balance.

Martian

They better name Damage, Kubra Dam 2. Because that map was top tier.

That Armoured Shield open map was pretty cool too. Showed off the new Tank Superiority nicely

I'm excited but I won't lie, kind of disappointed there are only 10 maps. I hope the DLC doesn't take as lone as BF3's DLC. We shouldn't be waiting for the BF4's last DLC at the beginning of 2015.

Bishop89

I thought flooded and paracel storm were the same map.

Resort seems interesting.

Tremors levolution will obviously be some kind of earthquake.

The dish reminds me of goldeneye.

kriskrosbbk

I heard there is a new map called Zavod 311 playable on XBOXOne at Eurogamer ? Can anyone confirm this ?

Maybe this one :
mp_abandoned.jpg

Naked Lunch

Looks like a great lineup. DICE is great at variety these days. The premium content will bring 20+ maps to the game too. 30 in total - and then all the game modes on top of that. Ill be set for the next 2 years until BF5.

nictron

My favorite BF map is definitely Wake Island. Ever since the BF1942 demo, I absolutely love that map. It is on par with Edge from Q2 as a place where my longest lasting multi player memories have been born.

Any chance we will see Wake Island again in BF4? Or does the majority of the community feel it is played out?

majik13

My favorite BF map is definitely Wake Island. Ever since the BF1942 demo, I absolutely love that map. It is on par with Edge from Q2 as a place where my longest lasting multi player memories have been born.

Any chance we will see Wake Island again in BF4? Or does the majority of the community feel it is played out?

I believe Parcel Storm is the spiritual successor for Wake Island, just guessing hough. Im fine with that personally.

Top Bottom