• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images of new PS4 interface

Kazerei

Banned
Update:

Original post:

txyEltk.jpg

xYYx6y4.jpg

O4DMGU8.jpg

lJhtBFp.jpg

4rq143x.png

w4Dix9t.jpg

zoukka

It's the new PSN which was the 360 UI.

Don't really like like it, but I'll grow to it I'm sure. Especially if customization is offered.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I'll have to use it to really find out, but I'm not too keen on it.

smooth transition is the key for this new UI to work.

also impressed there's a secondary custom chip that runs in the background doing other stuff like background downloading/uploading and all that.

Alienous

It's very Microsoft. Very Windows 8.

Playstation has always been a little more ... circular, and rounded in my opinion. But then I suppose you get the Vita OS...

you know what, this is ok.

After the Vita I was worried they'd stray too far from the simple minimalism of the XMB, but this is a nice compromise. Looks very clean.

Boss Man

I don't like the real name thing very much at all. Nor the idea of using actual pictures instead of an avatar. I use Facebook for that shit, PSN will never be a place that I go to for serious socializing.

I am, however, incredibly hyped about the video sharing/streaming stuff and hopping into friends' games seamlessly. These kinds of system features were the highlight of the meeting for me. Shit felt next-gen for sure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I can't say I'm a fan of the "real name" integration. As long as it's optional, it's okay.

That said, I hate hate hate randomly sized grid boxes.

Top Bottom