• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Images of playable Palutena in Smash Bros. 3DS emerge, seem possibly legit

Fiktion

Banned
CpC9YOh.jpg
OFjZtxK.jpg

I know what you're thinking. But we've already checked. The model does NOT appear to be from Kid Icarus Uprising, or the AR Card, or any other known existing source.

SuperSah even combed through every bit of released media we have to make sure that the background and the Mario components have not been ripped from existing screenshots. They appear to be completely original.

Here's the roundup:

The Mario is NOT in any previous screen.
Her model is NOT from KI:U
The Background is 100% original.

I checked this twice through my whole 3DS collection, looking legit.

Try not to hype incase it's a good fake, lol.

If it's a fake, which it might still be, then this is some next level shit. They would have to fake the backgrounds, the Mario model, and the Palutena model with complete verisimilitude. Wouldn't make a thread otherwise.

UPDATE: Sakurai knows. He's trolling with the pic of the day.

Choose Your Team

Not doing a full sprite for non-dojo confirmations,

That being said, here's some avatar tags for who wants em:

teamreal_by_neoriceisgood-d73hlib.png
teamfake_by_neoriceisgood-d73hlie.png

team_lined_by_neoriceisgood-d73hmv9.png

Versions with lines for those who want to avoid it blending with their avatar.
#TeamReal (82)
Fiktion
SuperSah
-Horizon-
Clov
Not
Jagsrock
RealDeadOne
SkullHydra
Baron von Loathsome
Tyeforce
Moonlight
Gleethor
BigEvilTurtle
Javier
Sorastitch
Riki
Fidelis Hodie
qq more
PK Gaming
Axass
Neoriceisgood
RomanceDawn
exfatal
GreatCharleston
anaron
KHlover
The Solid Snake
nullset2
Neoxon
TheLegendOfCap
Jaruru
Poltergust
Vampirolol
FireVoa
rawktapus
Mauricio_Magus
Heyt
akidnamededdy
DisconnectD
FlynnCL
PopeReal
_underfooter
rekameohs
Insaniac
GAMERG0D
euphemism
TrueBlue
Valjean Lafitte
Regiruler
J-Tier
Kokonoe
Dimitri LH
Masked Man
w00tkins
PaulExcellent
Mihael Mello Keehl
NaotaFakuza
Dice
SpacePirate Ridley
oreomunsta
Red Arremer
Jacobbles
Smashman45
BassForever
ChaosAngel
pulga
MannyToons
disap.ed
munchie64
Astrosanity
Kyzon
Sponge
Kissenkopf
Nezzhil
Azure J
CassSept
Brainiac 8
FCsolomon
GooeyHeat
KNT-Zero
Nia
Mariolee

#TeamFake (41)
BGBW
Pop-O-Matic
EndlessSky
Kurtofan
Anth0ny
Hyperactivity
SmithnCo
emb
Chico Terry
Anura
Mushroomer25
J@hranimo
jph139
PaperFlame
Hasardeur
Wichu
Camjo-Z
Loco4Coco
BY2K
ec0ec0
Whiskeymatt
OrangeGrayBlue
Anteo
Het_Nkik
MAtgS
Codeblue
PorygonVandal
Griss
Platy
Akibastman
Ricky 7
TheRedSnifit
shunxsato
PikaED
FluxWaveZ
AdventureRacing
SkullplateMurray
NotLiquid
Jaeger
Wishmaster92

Richie

Appears to have been debunked by a fellow at Smashboards.

In the case it's the real deal, I wonder if Sakurai will react and unveil her before planned.

EDIT:

Having just checked the idol in question, it's not. The animation is similar, but her hand is in a completely different position when she stretches out her staff, and the face on the Uprising model is extremely different from her face on the "leak" pictures. Also, her halo in the leak is significantly smaller than the one she has in Uprising.

If it's a fake, it wasn't made by superimposing Uprising models onto Smash 4 material, that much is for sure.

Oh man.

EDIT 2:

GooeyHeat's round-up of posts from the mega Smash thread

Oh man.

EDIT 3:

It seems that the staff is directly based on that of Brawl.

He doesn't seem to lay out an argument; we've already compared the model to the Uprising one and it doesn't match.

Black outlines. Only for playable characters.

Have we even seen what assist trophies look like this time? Or maybe she's just part of Pit's moveset/final smash?

We sure it isn't based off the Trophy Model from Brawl? And someone T-Posed the model and rigged it to look like that. Since it kinda reminds me of the Brawl Trophy to me.

Good fake though it if it is.

VegiHam

This is, like, my most wanted non-impossible newcomer so I'm sorta hoping these aren't fakes but at the same time these things are always fake so I hope they get proven fake soon so I'm less disappointed...

Moonlight

Banned
I am crossing my fingers like you wouldn't fucking believe. Uprising's re-imagining of Palutena is easily one of my favourite Nintendo characters in recent memory and I've been pulling for her in Smash 4 for a while now, and I'm absolutely convinced she has everything she needs to be moveset-complete and distinct. It just... looks real.

Oh man.

JCX

If true, this may lend credibility to that spoiler list that went around after the Ashley AT reveal.

The fact that it's an off-screen shot screams "fake" to me. Those are almost always used by fake leaks to make them seem more realistic and to better hide the Photoshop errors. Besides, I'd imagine whoever was leaking it (if it be a member of the development team, a member of the press or such) would probably have access to actual 3DS capture hardware.

When i first saw this, I thought the best way to tell is to see her face, because it's likely someone using her Brawl model with the really dull face, but no that's definitely different and closer to Uprising.

If it's a fake, it's a pretty damn good one.

Also happy if true

Looks fake to me.

It actually looks like a white XL now that I compared it to other pictures. Anyone could shop something like this out of already release media of the game and Kid Icarus.

Moonlight

Banned
That looks terribly photoshopped
You'd have to explain yourself further. It's resisted a ton of scrutiny thus far and there's literally nothing that's been dug up yet that it could have been shopped from.

No, really, if you've noticed something, say it. There is a war of hope and skepticism inside of me.

L~A

I dunno, there's something real wrong in that pic. And the outline doesn't prove anything, anyone somewhat knowledgeable with Photoshop could just add it.

And who would've taken that pic, huh?

Until it's confirmed by Sakurai himself, I'll consider that a fake.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'd be happy about this.
maybe they'll reveal her when they'll announce Kid Icarus HD for Wii U ;p

I kinda hope it's fake. Not because I don't want Palutena included (I do, quite a lot actually), but because her face looks totally off.

Rather that, or just fix her face.

Pikma

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if true, Like 40% of the Smash roster is compromised of characters from games Sakurai has worked on.

Jacobbles

Looks fake to me.

It actually looks like a white XL now that I compared it to other pictures. Anyone could shop something like this out of already release media of the game and Kid Icarus.

Looks like a standard white 3DS to me. It's all about the lighting.

If this is a fake, it's an incredibly well done one. People saying it looks "badly Photoshopped" need to explain themselves because if it's a Photoshop job then it's a really damn good one.

FSLink

Banned
Looks like a standard white 3DS to me. It's all about the lighting.

If this is a fake, it's an incredibly well done one. People saying it looks "badly Photoshopped" need to explain themselves because if it's a Photoshop job then it's a really damn good one.

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to photoshop it before hand, and then load up the picture in the 3DS browser/Picture gallery, and take a picture of that?

Richie

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to photoshop it before hand, and then load up the picture in the 3DS browser, and take a picture of that?

The thing is, what are they photoshopping, if there's no other Palutena model like this in any other appearance of hers? Are we to assume someone took the time to make a model of their own?

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to photoshop it before hand, and then load up the picture in the 3DS browser, and take a picture of that?

Where did they get the Palutena model and Battlefield background, though? Are you saying they created both of them from scratch?

drgambit

Banned
You'd have to explain yourself further. It's resisted a ton of scrutiny thus far and there's literally nothing that's been dug up yet that it could have been shopped from.

No, really, if you've noticed something, say it. There is a war of hope and skepticism inside of me.

There always seems to be a defining black outline around any character in the 3DS version.

Jacobbles

It would be easy yeah, if the Palutena model in the screens was lifted from KI:U or something, but seeing as it's confirmed to be a model nobody has seen before it's a bit different.

I'm not saying it can't be Photoshopped, just that if it was, then it's mighty impressive regardless of how it was done.

Off-topic edit: Holy crap, I'm not a Junior Member any more!

Top Bottom