• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising 3rd DLC, The Lost Gods (April 22nd)

Humdinger

The third Immortals DLC, Lost Gods, will drop tomorrow, April 22nd. Just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone who might be interested.

"The new chapter follows a character known as Ash, who comes equipped with a brawler-inspired combat system, giving players some new ways to enjoy the game. It "continues the story from the main campaign... In The Lost Gods, Ash will travel to the Pyrite Island in an effort to locate gods such as Poseidon and Hades so he can patch things up between them and Zeus in order to restore balance to the world. Gamers will observe the world of The Lost Gods from a bird's eye perspective rather than the over-the-shoulder, third-person perspective seen in the rest of the game."

Brief peek:

I'm not sure whether I'll get it. I'm not a big fan of the isometric perspective. Otoh, I enjoy Immortals, and I don't have anything else to play at the moment, so I may bite.

It's great, playing through with my wife and we both love it. Bought the two previous DLCs but haven't finished the main game yet, we're taking our time, doing all the chests and vaults... Long may it continue!

Humdinger

I went ahead and got it. I've just scratched the surface, but a few impressions:

It's a real change from the original game, not just in terms of the visual perspective, but in terms of a lot of the mechanics -- the skill trees, for example, and the way you upgrade.

I like that you rejoin your original Fenyx. It looks as if he or she will chat with you throughout the game.

Maybe I'm just blaming the game for my own density, but I felt like one of the new upgrade mechanics could've been explained better. Not a big deal, though.

There are three different land masses, each sort of elongated. It's hard to say how large they are, but I'm guessing it's somewhere in the neighborhood of the size of the second DLC.

Humdinger

Loved the main game, the first DLC is a bit boring but I'll get throw it the play the 2nd then this one. Hope they will be better.

Yeah, I skipped the first DLC. From what I could tell, it was almost all focused on puzzles and vault challenges. Not my favorite part of the game. The 2nd DLC was good, though.

Humdinger

I'm not really enjoying the 3rd DLC all that much. It's hard to get my bearings, now that my view is so restricted. I keep wanting to zoom in. I don't like how the enemies suddenly materialize in front of you, rather than being able to see them from a distance. I also find the new upgrade systems sort of a chore. I would have preferred to just settle into something familiar, rather than being tasked with learning a new system, just for this DLC. I also find it difficult to find my way sometimes. Paths are mostly linear, but it's not always clear whether you're headed in the right or wrong direction.

I'm only about an hour in, so my feelings may change, but at this point, I'm not really enjoying it much.

Humdinger

Played a couple more hours, and this one just isn't for me. They changed it to a top-down hack & slash, where the enemies materialize in hordes and navigation is a pain. Fast travel has a cost, saving the game has a cost and can only be done in certain spots. Combat was one of the main things I liked, and they've changed the style so much, it isn't fun for me anymore.

I'm going to stop and move on to something else. Buyer beware on this DLC. It's unfortunate, because I'm sure the dev team put a lot of work into it.

Top Bottom