• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising is the best ubisoft game in the past few years

I have been playing the game for more than 25 hours and I m absolutely loving it . I have played many ubisoft open World games in past few years but this one nails the ubisoft formula down so well.

Its an action adventure open world game with some rpg elements. Everything comes together nicely.From the puzzles, the world , the lore, the humor, the combat, it just nails many things right .also due to nature of the world and the way it is set up it never feels repetitive like almost all ubisoft games.

It has some rpg elements that are well implemented and do make a difference as well.

All in all I got this based on recommendation from a friend and I m blown away by it .Dont miss out on it .

Has anybody else here tried it like me
and was blown away by it ??

BmWymbQ.jpg

r2xPwx9.jpg

Tranquil

Had they not released this so close to valhalla I would have picked it up. But I just finished Valhalla and need a break from openworld rpg's, especially from UBI.

May pick this up later though.

Guilty_AI

Is it like a BotW knock-off or something?
Anyway, Ubisoft is usually a huge 'nay' for me whatever they do so i'll pass.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I know a lot of people are really enjoying it, but I went from being curious to annoyed by the ridiculous humor, lol. I don't get annoyed easily either, it just felt like it was trying really hard to get laughs and it felt a bit awkward at times.

I still personally think that For Honor is the best Ubisoft has done in a very long time.

Is it like a BotW knock-off or something?
Anyway, Ubisoft is usually a huge 'nay' for me whatever they do so i'll pass.
It has similarity but its different. I usually am there with you on ubisoft games as they tend to get repetitive but this has not felt that way for me .

John Day

Had they not released this so close to valhalla I would have picked it up. But I just finished Valhalla and need a break from openworld rpg's, especially from UBI.

May pick this up later though.
Exactly my thoughts. Maybe i’ll get into it in a few months. Between Valhalla, Cyberpunk, some Genshin and my limited time.... 😔

trikster40

It’s actually pretty awesome. It’s BotW with Greek mythology and no crappy weapon degradation system. It’s kind of leisurely which is nice and some pretty decent puzzles.

Highly recommend as well!

sublimit

Banned
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it just a Zelda BoTW rip-off with a different skin? Because if it is then it doesn't say much for Ubisoft's creative output in the last few years.

Leyasu

Banned
Yeah this a great game. I have been playing it for a fair few days now, and still have lots to do. Nice puzzles and exploration. I am enjoying it

Yeah this a great game. I have been playing it for a fair few days now, and still have lots to do. Nice puzzles and exploration. I am enjoying it
Funny part is , this is the only ubisoft open world where I get sidetracked and do side stuff and enjoy all of it . It doesn't feel like chore like many ubisoft games

STARSBarry

Gold Member
After Ghost Recon Wildlands I made a promise to never buy anouther Ubisoft title, and I have been sticking to it. I will admit this has been the most tempting title in a long time.

Last edited:
Didnt like Valhalla much considering I liked all the other AC games which was really weird. I dunno why, felt meh but Immortals seems cool. Are the puzzles/combat challenging at least? if its just casual shit I cba.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yep. 30 hours in and still enjoying ploughing through a 100% run. Surprise of the year for me.

Best Ubisoft game since Mario + Rabbids.

Yep. 30 hours in and still enjoying ploughing through a 100% run. Surprise of the year for me.

Best Ubisoft game since Mario + Rabbids.
Same . Sometimes I get lost in the side content for 2 hours without even noticing it and enjoy every minute of it.

Zheph

100% agree, sadly it did slide behind cyberpunk in my gaming order but I was having a great time with it

Kenpachii

I found it to short personally for the price they ask for it. However great game loved it. 100% it a week ago. Everything is likeable in the game and the puzzles are actually interesting to do.

I found it to short personally for the price they ask for it. However great game loved it. 100% it a week ago. Everything is likeable in the game and the puzzles are actually interesting to do.
Agreed. Everything feels great. I haven't finished it yet but I m already excited for the 3 story dlcs

Kimahri

Banned
It's pretty great yeah. I've had a lot of fun with it, but there are some thing I think needs improvement in a potential sequel.

1. The humor is garbage juvenile nonsense. It's just a bland and tiresome journey through all the ways Zeus was an ass. It gets old.
2. Ubisoft fatigue. There's just too much stuff. The world isn't by any means too big, there's just too much stuff in it, and a lot of it isn't really worth your time, and rewards for completion are often just something stupid like a new color for an armor. Tons of great puzzles and vaults in the game, but there are also tons of bland puzzles and vaults. Cut the below average stuff, and you'd have a less cluttered, but more entertaining world.
3. Speaking of the world. It's gorgeous, but you're so busy with all the clutter you don't really get time to soak it in. I'd like to just take in the world a bit. Some bigger wider stretches where you could just explore would be nice.
4. Speaking of the world, again. Aphrodite and Athena's regions are bloody gorgeous. Especially Aphrodite's. What the hell happened to Ares' and Hephaestus'? They're so brown and bland and boring in comparison there's hardly any fun in exploring them after soaking in the beauty of the other half of the island.

The only thing putting me off is the ending. I need to known is it going to be a cliffhanger like so many Ubisoft games. I really am not a fan of such things.

Special shout out to non-ubisoft games Kingdom Hearts and Killzone 2.

Last edited:

JonkyDonk

I played a bit of it. Seems like an AC game that ripped off Zelda whole hog this time as opposed to just a little bit like before. The combat is still not much better than AC, but the Zelda elements do give it something. Also why is this game so heavy, it runs worse than Valhalla at the same settings.

Last edited:

isual

enjoying it more than valhalla because its more light hearted. only thing i dont like is why are there more weapon skins in game than weapons.

Top Bottom