• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising is the best ubisoft game in the past few years

Bkdk

I remember when this was announced, this is probably the only ubisoft game I'm interested at playing, certainly like this artstyle more than their AC series. I bet they make this within 1.5 years as well, glad they bring back mid tier releases, not every game needs to take forever to make and end up falling short on many of the aspects. Just focus on the strength of the dev studio.

I remember when this was announced, this is probably the only ubisoft game I'm interested at playing, certainly like this artstyle more than their AC series. I bet they make this within 1.5 years as well, glad they bring back mid tier releases, not every game needs to take forever to make and end up falling short on many of the aspects. Just focus on the strength of the dev studio.
The assasin creed oddessy studio made this in 2 years and it is amazing and 40 50 hours long. They did a great job with it

martino

I’m sorry. BotW was. This is fact. There is zero debate that even video games didn’t exist before BotW.
tenor.gif

/jk

I think the PS5 version has better HDR than the XSX one. Seems more vibrant. Just slightly.
I haven't played the xsx. But ps5 hdr is great . Game is so vibrant and colourful and draw distance is one of the most impressive I have seen for open world .I see enemies in the next region(which is way far off) if I look closely from a height

Spaceman292

Banned
I have been playing the game for more than 25 hours and I m absolutely loving it . I have played many ubisoft open World games in past few years but this one nails the ubisoft formula down so well.

Its an action adventure open world game with some rpg elements. Everything comes together nicely.From the puzzles, the world , the lore, the humor, the combat, it just nails many things right .also due to nature of the world and the way it is set up it never feels repetitive like almost all ubisoft games.

It has some rpg elements that are well implemented and do make a difference as well.

All in all I got this based on recommendation from a friend and I m blown away by it .Dont miss out on it .

Has anybody else here tried it like me
and was blown away by it ??

BmWymbQ.jpg

r2xPwx9.jpg
Yeah I don't believe anyone on earth found this game funny

Raekwon26

I think this game is terrible personally.

Dropped it very quickly. It felt like I was playing a fairy tale version of AC Odyssey.

MilkyJoe

I'm holding out for series x for this and I'd rather stick bamboo under my fingernails than play an Ubisoft game.

mrmeh

Just jumped in.. I was practicing something called patience waiting for it to go on sale.. unusual for me :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Damn, For Honor complete is also on sale..

Too much to play at the minute!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This is definitely a "buy when it's 50% or more off" kinda game. I'll buy it and won't play it for months....then finally get into it and probably really like it. It just doesn't grab me right now.

Is that option just on Series X and PS5?

Here is full break down of the next gen consoles :

Performance mode :

• PS5 in dynamic 4K (2275x1280p ~ 3840x2160p)
  • XSX in dynamic 4K (1920x1080p ~ 3840x2160p)
  • XSS in dynamic 1080p (1280x720p ~ 1920x1080p)

Quality mode :

• PS5 in native 4K (3840x2160p)
  • XSX in dyanmic 4K (3328x1872p ~ 3840x2160p)
  • XSS in dynamic 1440p (1920x1080p ~ 2560x1440p)
Framerate Performance Mode :

• PS5: 59.99fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 59fps)
  • XSX: 59.97fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 56fps)
  • XSS: 47.06fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 30fps)

mrmeh

Here is full break down of the next gen consoles :

Performance mode :

• PS5 in dynamic 4K (2275x1280p ~ 3840x2160p)
  • XSX in dynamic 4K (1920x1080p ~ 3840x2160p)
  • XSS in dynamic 1080p (1280x720p ~ 1920x1080p)

Quality mode :

• PS5 in native 4K (3840x2160p)
  • XSX in dyanmic 4K (3328x1872p ~ 3840x2160p)
  • XSS in dynamic 1440p (1920x1080p ~ 2560x1440p)
Framerate Performance Mode :

• PS5: 59.99fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 59fps)
  • XSX: 59.97fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 56fps)
  • XSS: 47.06fps on average (Max: 60fps / min: 30fps)

Ugh they asked if performance/quality modes were only on next gen... would be nice if we could have one of the few threads not mentioning ...2077 to avoid console waring.

But I guess that's why you actually started the thread and the prism through which you view the world...

THEAP99

Banned
i have sunk 50+ hours into valhalla so far and there is no end in sight it seems. im feeling the open world burnout right about now so ill wait till it's cheaper sometime next year. i will say this does look like it has more style/passion put into it than most ubi games.

Ugh they asked if performance/quality modes were only on next gen... would be nice if we could have one of the few threads not mentioning ...2077 to avoid console waring.

But I guess that's why you actually started the thread and the prism through which you view the world...
Wtf is a matter with you? He asked is the performance mode for ps5 and xsx only and I replied in detail no xss has it too but its not a great 60 fps. Data are facts . If U feel inferior and bothered looking at that cause u r hurt , it is a you problem and has nothing to do with me or console warring or this thread. Get some help maybe so facts and numbers don't trigger feelings for you ?? Thanks. Bye 👋

Last edited:
I love this game SO much - not even that far into it - freed one God - but done all vaults, challenges etc up to Athena.

eFPqfzo.jpg

gMfofPv.jpg

It is showing up as 20hrs spent on the game so far - not sure if that is just PC or if that is PC and PS5 combined.

Duchess

How's the enemy level scaling?

Enemy level scaling is one of my pet hates in gaming, as it basically makes me feel like I'm making zero progress. It was quite the turn off in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

MacReady13

It would be a toss up between this and Sackboy as my 2 fav games of 2020! Immortals is so damn good! Just finished it on Monday clicking in 35 hours and I still have so much more to do!

How's the enemy level scaling?

Enemy level scaling is one of my pet hates in gaming, as it basically makes me feel like I'm making zero progress. It was quite the turn off in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
There is none. U will see strong enemies but u still can beat them if u r good and can doge and parry and attack . Honestly combat is much better here than assassin's Creed haha.

Last edited:
... which makes it more fun IMO as sometimes you can just tonk easy enemies for trophies (killing 25 enemies with a bow) etc

Personally, I should be a lumberjack with the amount of trees I've cut down lol

Good, good. I like it in RPGs when it's clear a zone or area is above your current pay grade and should come back later, but always with the (misguided) option to try anyway :)
Yea biggest issue with assasin creed is if the enemies are 4 levels above u its basically impossible to kill them .here it's not the case . U still can manage it if you are good.

... which makes it more fun IMO as sometimes you can just tonk easy enemies for trophies (killing 25 enemies with a bow) etc

Personally, I should be a lumberjack with the amount of trees I've cut down lol
I still haven't got that trophy haha. The game looks great I feel bad for messing it up haha

I play on both PC and PS5 - however, since 1.0.5 update, I cannot save files to the cloud on PC (PS5 works fine) - so now I am stuck with playing on PC until it is fixed :(

Jada

Banned
Every Ubisoft game is pretty good once you move past ubi hate and prejudice and just play it.
Nah. They’re the prettiest pieces of shit to hit the market, unbearably generic and rote in design, buoyed only by high quality production. The last Ubisoft game that was worth my time was Far Cry 3, and even that game began to grate with an all too familiar open world formula that Ubisoft has perfected.

Havent played it yet but that title easily goes to Siege. I have not played a online FPS that has gripped me with it's gameplay since Halo 3 and BFBC2 like Siege has. It is simply on another level compared to other FPS titles

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
nobody is going to make a comment about that fucking horrible voice over at the start of this game? Srsly?
You are ok with that shit?

telling other people they lack taste?
holy shit xD

also if you thought the story of borderlands 3 was annoying as fuck.

wait till you play this game

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are really enjoying it, but I went from being curious to annoyed by the ridiculous humor, lol. I don't get annoyed easily either, it just felt like it was trying really hard to get laughs and it felt a bit awkward at times.

I still personally think that For Honor is the best Ubisoft has done in a very long time.
Same reasons why I skipped this. The humour and dialogue just scream Saturday morning kids TV - I am not that demographic so clearly the game is not for me. Same reason why I never played BoTW. It's all just purile.

Wtf is a matter with you? He asked is the performance mode for ps5 and xsx only and I replied in detail no xss has it too but its not a great 60 fps. Data are facts . If U feel inferior and bothered looking at that cause u r hurt , it is a you problem and has nothing to do with me or console warring or this thread. Get some help maybe so facts and numbers don't trigger feelings for you ?? Thanks. Bye 👋
Do you happen to know how it performs on the One X? I'd buy if it has a performance mode, otherwise I'll go PC. Thanks.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Just picked it up for my ps5 for $40. Going to check it out during the break! Everything I've seen so far points it towards a fun experience.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am on month 2 of my Ubiconnect+ membership and planned to play AC and then this. I tried it for a few hours and was hooked. Its hard to go back to AC. Another thing I like is the game is not buggy. AC crashes all the time and requires reboots. It refuses to go into HDR mode but was fine a few reboots ago. If I stop playing but leave the game running it tends to get locked up. I get weird graphical issues as well. All on a decently equipped rig with 5900x/3090.

Fenyx on the other hand.... No bugs, no lockups, no issue with HDR, can leave it on with no issues. Sure it is less graphically intense, but I'll take that tradeoff to have something that is not driving me nuts. Watchdogs was also a slog. Game freaks out when I use an Xbox controller with the adapter instead of bluetooth but runs fine with a generic PS4 controller. So in my limited sample of 2 new Ubisoft games on new PC hardware, Fenyx is technically the best and also an enjoyable game. My kid likes it too.

Top Bottom