• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising: Review thread

Duchess

Any word on enemy level scaling? I've got a bit of a hangup about games that do that, as I feel it nullifies my efforts in making my character stronger.

Any word on enemy level scaling? I've got a bit of a hangup about games that do that, as I feel it nullifies my efforts in making my character stronger.

Looks like the world isn’t level gated like other open world games. It’s more adventure than RPG. I don’t think it has level scaling, you can go where you want, when you want. Enemies stay the same. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SwitchUp review:

Seems that the Switch version runs pretty well after a patch that was released to reviewers earlier today

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks like a solid game overall. Outside of some of the mobile looking item menus (ick) and the “Latinx” style naming convention with androgynous main characters, the exploration aspect looks a lot of fun and the world sure is pretty.

Will probably pick it up as a nice palate cleanse in between the more grittier games.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Looks good. Will probably pick it up on Switch next year on a price cut. This game just feels like it fits the handheld mode like a glove.

Kimahri

Banned
I see the draw distance being praised a lot from a technical standpoint. Will be interesting to see how XsX and PS5 versions compare to PC in this regard

Can only speak for XsX, but it's stellar. I can't really imagine it going any further.

dam those reviews, i want it

Also how are the puzzles?

Many of them are fantastic and tons of fun. Great variation too.

However, there are some, mostly optional ones in vaults to get the chests that made me want to break stuff. Absolutely infuriating stuff.

Kenpachii

DLC content

Immortals_Gold.jpg

Can only speak for XsX, but it's stellar. I can't really imagine it going any further.

Many of them are fantastic and tons of fun. Great variation too.

However, there are some, mostly optional ones in vaults to get the chests that made me want to break stuff. Absolutely infuriating stuff.

Ah thanks i love puzzles will get it then thanks.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I can tell I'm really going to like this game. The visuals remind me of Rime, which I liked, I like open world titles, action based combat, and puzzle solving. I heard some reviews complain about the puzzles that they were too easy, but based on what I gathered from the game, I agree with Karak Karak assessment that lengthy and elaborate puzzles might hurt the pacing of a world where you want to explore and action style combat. Though I don't think it would've killed the game necessarily.

I haven't played Valhalla yet, but looks like it's gonna be a winter full of Ubisoft games between these and if I ever get back to Watch Dogs.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Ubisoft game that can be completed in 25 hours?! Interesting, might have to check this one out.

Golgo 13

Haven't seen technical analysis on this game yet but I know it has a performance mode, which I'm guessing is around 1440p/60FPS on PS5/XSX?

Golgo 13

I’m looking forward to tech breakdowns too. Especially considering the impressive draw distance
Karak Karak review mentioned getting 1440p/60FPS with a 1080Ti so that sounds about right for consoles, although hopefully it's a locked 60 at the expense of dynamic resolution (best case scenario IMO).

Fatez

The game is pretty cool, fun mix between ACO and BOTW, but the voice over is way too annoying. Maybe do english with "greek" accent sort of was funny to the devs but i hate it.

SinDelta

Well this looked like a hot garbage rip off of BotW/Assassins Creed Odyssey...but its actually good?

M Night Shyamalan could not have come up with a better twist.

Count me interested.

Last edited:
This seems up my alley, and Karak's review put me over the top. I don't know if I can wait for the inevitable Ubisoft sale.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Looks like the world isn’t level gated like other open world games. It’s more adventure than RPG. I don’t think it has level scaling, you can go where you want, when you want. Enemies stay the same. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though
It does level scale.

synce

I was interested until hearing the main girl speak, that accent is way overdone and I don't understand why it's there. Hearing a Greek character speak to herself in broken English is offensive on several levels.

Sion86

Neo Member
I am torn... I want this game but on Switch.

Mainly because I know once Cyberpunk comes this game won't see the disk drive of my Xbox for a long ass time.

But then somebody put out the most unfair and lopsided comparison video of all time and now I can't unsee it...

Seriously who thought it was fair to do this haha...

I am torn... I want this game but on Switch.

Mainly because I know once Cyberpunk comes this game won't see the disk drive of my Xbox for a long ass time.

But then somebody put out the most unfair and lopsided comparison video of all time and now I can't unsee it...

Seriously who thought it was fair to do this haha...

Yea the difference is staggering 😬😅

Vaelka

I really like what I've seen from the game, but I find the whole thing with the female protagonist running around in blatant '' male boobplate '' really off-putting.
I tend to play female characters, but that's also because I prefer female characters visually. Why the hell is the female character literally wearing a breastplate shaped for a male character tho?

VN1X

Banned
Will deffo get the GOTY edition a year down the line with all the content for cheap on Steam.

Kimahri

Banned
The game is pretty cool, fun mix between ACO and BOTW, but the voice over is way too annoying. Maybe do english with "greek" accent sort of was funny to the devs but i hate it.

I have no issue with the accents, in fact, I really like that part of it. It's the poor writing and direction I have a problem with. It's all so iver the top with unpleasanr pitching and shit.

Less stupid comedy would have sorted it out.

Sion86

Neo Member
I have no issue with the accents, in fact, I really like that part of it. It's the poor writing and direction I have a problem with. It's all so iver the top with unpleasanr pitching and shit.

Less stupid comedy would have sorted it out.
Well it is an Ubisoft game... If their is one thing you can expect from ubisoft it's tower climbing and shitty bugman attempts at humour.

Roufianos

Decent reviews. I'll pick it up when I'm done with Demon's Souls, Valhalla and Cyberpunk.

Should be something to keep me entertained during the inevitable drought in the first half of next year.

Those accents are awful, sounds like someone trying to fake a Greek one.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
The world looks beautiful but why are the character models so ugly (reminds me of Fortnite). I'm not sure I can deal with Ubisoft open world tropes. I'll wait for a deep discount.

betrayal

Banned
I played WD Legion, AC Valhalla (which for me is the best AC for ages) and the Fenyx Rising demo...and at least for me Fenyx Rising is the most fun. I can't really agree with some of the average reviews, if you put it in relation and context and see what kind of games got similar or better ratings in some cases.

I sometimes have the feeling that reviewers put too much emphasis on personal subjective preferences and therefore some games tend to be "worked off" as quickly as possible without really getting involved in the game or taking a neutral approach from the start. There are few reviewers where I do not have this feeling. ACG/Karak is one of the few. So keep up the good work and entertaining reviews.

Last edited:
Ordered this on PS5 for £45 - looking forward to playing it. Also got Ubisoft+ on PC, so pre-loaded it there too as I don't think it will arrive in time.

Top Bottom