• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising: Review thread

MagnesG

Banned
Not digging the the character models, but that's the only complain I guess.
Puzzles ranges from bit meh to over than average BOTW style.

It's good.

Vasto

DSBtZBu.png

Humdinger

Went ahead and ordered it. I saw a bunch of positive previews for the game, so I'm glad those were followed by reasonably positive reviews. I've just come off playing Zelda BotW and was trying to get into Mario Odyssey, but I'm not feeling a lot like a platformer right now. I feel more like returning to a Zelda-type experience. I'm not going to be getting Cyberpunk, so that's not a competitor.

Mister Wolf

The best thing that happened to this game is BOTW 2 not releasing this year. I think this game is going to do well especially on the Switch.

GymWolf

Oh man, this looks like shallow fun. There's a demo? Awesome! let me just click here and...

...demo is Stadia only. I laughed.
It's totally free, you only need a google account.
You don't have to download anything, it's pretty brainless (and believe me i don't care about streaming gaming at all)

retsof624

The demo was pretty damn fun so I already got it pre loaded on my Series X. I like how it's not taking itself too seriously. Nice departure from AC Valhalla

JLB

Banned
Damn, I think I should get this game. Definitely my type of game, and love the ancient greek lore.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You don't have to download anything, it's pretty brainless (and believe me i don't care about streaming gaming at all)

Just played the demo (using a Xbox controller on Stadia) and loved it. Can't wait for the full game.

GymWolf

Xbox says Dec 3rd.

Can't play the digital one until then.
Yeah sorry my bad.

I don't know why, but it's the second time i get the release date of a ubisoft game wrong, last one was valhalla :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I literally clicked play on my pc before writing this post just to get notified by the real release date :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I am torn... I want this game but on Switch.

Mainly because I know once Cyberpunk comes this game won't see the disk drive of my Xbox for a long ass time.

But then somebody put out the most unfair and lopsided comparison video of all time and now I can't unsee it...

Seriously who thought it was fair to do this haha...

I'm actually more impressed with what they accomplished with the Switch version here.

Lanrutcon

Oh, I know that. That's not why I laughed: I've tried Stadia before. The latency was disastrous in my country.

Freeman76

Game feels really good, great visuals on Series X, cant work out if its staying at 60fps or dropping a bit though

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
SwitchUp review:

Seems that the Switch version runs pretty well after a patch that was released to reviewers earlier today

Yeah, but 30fps and the visuals look muddy and foggy. I would prefer it portable but the Series X version looks great. I'm torn on which way to go. Anyone try out the Switch version here? I don't want to feel like I'm playing an N64 game with all of the fog.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Mainly because I know once Cyberpunk comes this game won't see the disk drive of my Xbox for a long ass time.

But then somebody put out the most unfair and lopsided comparison video of all time and now I can't unsee it...

I agree. I am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Series X and looks great, will play Cyberpunk 2077 next week. So not sure if I should get the Switch version as the Series X will have those two games in the drive for quite a while

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

That honestly looks pretty good for the Switch. It's also cross-save.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That review that said it's mostly puzzles kind of turned me off.

Not that I dislike puzzles.. but the lack of other sort of adventuring elements turns me off.. also said it's quite linear.

brian0057

Banned
You know review score measurements are skewed as fuck when anything under a 7 is just bellow setting a school bus on fire and above buying an EA game on the scale of public derision.

Sion86

Neo Member
I agree. I am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Series X and looks great, will play Cyberpunk 2077 next week. So not sure if I should get the Switch version as the Series X will have those two games in the drive for quite a while
1 million percent!

I feel like the switch is the only way this game has a chance of getting any sort of gametime from me.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, positive word of mouth has definitely placed this on my list for early next year. With Cyberpunk, Gamepass, and of course Christmas, all around the corner, I just don't have time. Glad to hear they've delivered a great game!

SinDelta

I think this game actually being good is one of the biggest surprises in gaming this year, alongside Persona 4 Golden being ported to PC.

chris121580

That review that said it's mostly puzzles kind of turned me off.

Not that I dislike puzzles.. but the lack of other sort of adventuring elements turns me off.. also said it's quite linear.
The game is far more than just puzzles. I’m with you where I prefer a variety and this definitely has it. This is one of my favorite games of the year. I absolutely love it. Only downfall is the poor storytelling but I’m used to the corniness of it by now.

saintjules

It's on my radar, but will wait on a sale since Ubisoft seems to put out sales shortly after launch. Watch Dogs took a bite at half off a month after release.

MagnesG

Banned
100% and it improved upon numerous things in Breath of the Wild. More vibrant world with tons to do, unbreakable weapons, awesome upgrades that make getting around so much easier same with gathering items, and mounts are handled amazingly well in this game.
The horse had a Ubisoft feel to it compared to BOTW's horse. The animation is janky.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
really enjoying this right now. stuff like the 4k60 and double jump and the constant beautiful fantasy orchestration actually make an improvement on that game in some ways. almost feels like a HD sequel. tho i would still say ultimately nobody can step to Nintendo's in-house quality control.

still this is a damn fine BOTW Clone.feels like a next gen BOTW with a whole new world to explore.

JQzAXO6.jpg

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
I just love that you can call it at anytime and it’s not constantly getting stuck on the geometry of the world
Yeah that's a plus of course. I'm loving the game because of how fast it is.

I still understand the design decision to limit the horse's mobility in BOTW though.

RoboEight

Been playing this alot it's a great game so far. Combat is really fun, world exploration is great (heavily BOTW inspired) and there is tons to do which is nice because I always feel like I'm making progress or earning something in every little area you visit, it's really engaging. Story has been alright so far and in the demo the constant banter and voice overs got a bit annoying but I'm glad so far in the final game it's nowhere as bad as the demo and the little bits of info from time to time are fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom