• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IMO, all "perfect" albums are judged in comparison to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

Phobophile said:
I still think LMI is better. Too bad Garm doesn't like metal anymore. :(

Yeah, LMI is pretty good, it's a though one. Sometimes I change my mind but since maybe 2 month I'm all over Sham Mirrors ;).

Have you watched the dvd by the way? So freaking good. I think I watched it 100 times since I bought it last year when it came out. Also, Painting My Horrors and Master of Disguise sound better live actually (same for Shipwreck Fontier Pioneer). And Vortex is not doing a bad job I think.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Odrion said:
30.jpg

Took long enough.

Odrion

Banned
-jinx- said:
I start reading a list and think, "Wow, this person has really good taste" -- and then interrupt myself mid-thought when I see a howlingly bad album in the middle of their otherwise good list.

(Repeat 20x to recreate my experience reading the entire thread)
Hey, I think my list is pretty damn good and I'll fight to the death to defend those albums!

Well not fight to the death, but I'll write like a b-grade Pitchfork journalist to defend those albums!

Kevtones

Angry said:
Very nice choices..

Hey Kevtones, what's your opinion on the Mark Hollis album? I finally got a copy about two weeks ago, and so far it seems as if it might just be as good as Laughing Stock.

I'm a huge fan, although his self-titled never got quite got to me the way Laughing Stock/Spirit of Eden did. Those two albums are my favorite of all-time and I've made a GAF thread about it before :) Check out Colour of Spring too, because while it has more pop leanings, it is great record as well.

The self-titled is a perfect continuation of the sound. LS comes off as bare and vulnerable, and Mark Hollis feels like sound finding the courage to become comfortable with that vulnerability. It's all in the calculated efficiency, and Mark does more with less better then anyone. I guess the reason I don't put it in the same league with LS and SoE, is that it reminds me we'll probably never get another Hollis album :( Kind of superficial, but eh, the record is still fantastic in every regard~

Glad to see another fan, there's not enough of us around anymore :)

Draft

deltron1.gif

I don't care if it's a stupid concept album I think it's awesome.

Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart.jpg

B000042OI4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've probably listened to this album a 100 times and it never got old. Basically I think it rocked as hard as anything the Pumpkins ever did.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Well, yeah, you're right: none of their discs are what I'd call perfect (and they're certainly not getting any closer).

Odrion said:
Hey, I think my list is pretty damn good and I'll fight to the death to defend those albums!

Well not fight to the death, but I'll write like a b-grade Pitchfork journalist to defend those albums!

Redundant.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
609px-BjorkVespertine.jpg

Everything else I feel is "perfect" has already been mentioned (Lateralus, Deloused, Yoshimi, etc.)

Keep your perfect albums coming, i'm gonna check a lot of these out.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Grinderman was on Letterman last night. The band kind of drowned out Nick but he went wild nonetheless. I really enjoy his new mustache. He looks like that guy in the park that you'd want to keep your kids away from.

The National is playing on Letterman tonight.

Weezer - The Blue Album
Weezer - Pinkerton
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Daft Punk - Discovery
The Darkness - Permission to Land
Chromelodeon - Heart of Sawdust
Chromelodeon - The Brown Album
Chromelodeon - Ninja Gaiden II
Minibosses - Brass

(I'm sure there are others but I can't remember them)

Total Winner (from CajoleJuice <3): Pink Floyd - Animals

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wow did I really just see a matchbox twenty album?

But yeah, thriller, and queens of the stone age.

bluemax

Banned
Orodreth said:
QFT.

In the words of Kyle from South Park: "Disintegration is the best album ever".

Runner-up:
2028665.jpg

There's also an Impossibles song with the same title.

Also Alan Hemberger talking about perfect albums? Lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom