• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Impeachment trial kicks off this week as Democrats seek to tie Trump to Capitol riots

regawdless

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2020
Has anyone in this trial identified or explored the reason why everyone on the entire planet knew something would occur from the events on that day apart from the FBI, Special Services and Security / Police?

Even Dumbasses on this forum knew that this was likely to be an inflammatory event - i’ve seen more security at a music concert.

They knew and security requested better equipment but it wasn't granted, from what I've seen / read so far.

RJMacready73

Jun 25, 2020
I'm not even an American and even i could see that was exactly what that orange fucking moron wanted... its incitement plain as day and the cunt needs charged for it, the rest of the world doesnt want to hear from or look at that fucking glipe ever again... bad enough you elected a fucking 145y.o. to fill his shoes but a fucking cardboard poster of the Hoff would be better than another 4yrs of listening to that fucking cunt spout nonsense...

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
Funny to see the trump lawyers using the same bunk arguments as users on this board. “Just metaphors! Democrats propped up a RUSSIAN HOAX! They used violent language!!!!”

Reactions: BarringGaffner
Feb 3, 2015
Ridiculous arguments.

Bernie denounced the shooter.

Trump said 'this is what happens when an election is stolen.' and that he loved the people trying to kill Pence.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: OnionSnake

IFireflyl

Aug 22, 2020
I'm not even an American and even i could see that was exactly what that orange fucking moron wanted... its incitement plain as day and the cunt needs charged for it, the rest of the world doesnt want to hear from or look at that fucking glipe ever again... bad enough you elected a fucking 145y.o. to fill his shoes but a fucking cardboard poster of the Hoff would be better than another 4yrs of listening to that fucking cunt spout nonsense...

That is your opinion.

Reactions: Arkam

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
You know they have such low ammo for this when they have to include deranged actors in their video 😆

“trumps calls for violence are metaphors! But these politicians are being truthful with their calls to fight!”

Last edited:

Mass Shift

Jun 12, 2019
No no no!!! This is the wrong way to approach the former President's defense. By drawing a comparison to condemn Democrats he has in fact condemned Trump for the exact same actions.

And this strategy of rebroadcasting tweets and video clips? You can't undo what the nation has seen with it's own ears and eyes. If you go down this path you run the risk of insulting everyone's intelligence and making it that much harder for GOP senators. Who quite honestly have already decided to acquit.

Gawd his lawyers are REALLY BAD.

The proper way to defend the President is to lay down an argument that completely separates him from the rioters. An argument that properly addresses his culpability for allegedly inciting mob violence against the Capital and his OWN Vice President.

And I guess Trump's legal defense team is prosecuting Maxine Waters, because she is the PRIMARY piece of evidence in all their exhibits. I can't stand her either, but this hilarious.

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
No no no!!! This is the wrong way to approach the former President's defense. By drawing a comparison to condemn Democrats he has in fact condemned Trump for the exact same actions.

And this strategy of rebroadcasting tweets and video clips? You can't undo what the nation has seen with it's own ears and eyes. If you go down this path you run the risk of insulting everyone's intelligence and making it that much harder for GOP senators. Who quite honestly have already decided to acquit.

Gawd his lawyers are REALLY BAD.

The proper way to defend the President is to lay down an argument that completely separates him from the rioters. An argument that properly addresses his culpability for allegedly inciting mob violence against the Capital and his OWN Vice President.

And I guess Trump's legal defense team is prosecuting Maxine Waters, because she is the PRIMARY piece of evidence in all their exhibits. I can't stand her either, but this hilarious.
Seriously, and what insurrection was incited by all of this? Lmao this is a “fight” for healthcare 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: Mass Shift

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Theater for trump and low information voters
Someone recently posted a list of essentially every left leaning news source praising Cuomo's actions in NY when those low information voters you ridicule already knew what the story was. Biden literally refused to take a position on an issue because the position would become the issue. Either this week or last week someone asked for receipts that Biden supports the green new deal, which took a second to provide because it was literally on his campaign website. And frankly, the life experience of people who work blue collar jobs will often make them a million times wiser than the dumbasses who spend a lifetime paying for worthless degrees that get them lower pay than a trade would.

I'm not going to pretend there aren't some dumbasses who vote R based on nonsense. But the moral and intellectual superiority you believe one side has over the other, is bogus.

Reactions: SimpleKindofMan

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
Someone recently posted a list of essentially every left leaning news source praising Cuomo's actions in NY when those low information voters you ridicule already knew what the story was. Biden literally refused to take a position on an issue because the position would become the issue. Either this week or last week someone asked for receipts that Biden supports the green new deal, which took a second to provide because it was literally on his campaign website. And frankly, the life experience of people who work blue collar jobs will often make them a million times wiser than the dumbasses who spend a lifetime paying for worthless degrees that get them lower pay than a trade would.

I'm not going to pretend there aren't some dumbasses who vote R based on nonsense. But the moral and intellectual superiority you believe one side has over the other, is bogus.
Did I say the left doesn’t have dumbass low information voters?

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
What’s funny is the video is either out of context quotes, things that were apologized for later such as Madonna, or even things that didn’t actually lead to an insurrection 😆

“this isn’t whataboutism”

how much is trump paying these fools?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2015
Just tuning back in now, Castor seems to be talking about Trump's stolen election claims re: Georgia and the Georgia 'perfect call'. He is quoting Trump quotes from the phone call. This makes Trump look really bad. And it is a reminder that Trump wasn't able to speak in actual sentences.

Saying that the phone call leak was 'misleading' by democrats... apparently we don't have ears.

• Fire
Feb 3, 2015
Now running a clip of democrats saying they want to impeach him so that 'he can never run for office again'.

Yes, that is the point of the impeachment. Stopping Trump from running for office again.... BECAUSE HE INCITED A MOB.

Feb 3, 2015
And now defense is saying they are done and they can spend the rest of the time that defense has on COVID relief. Well played :messenger_tears_of_joy: Too bad republicans are against more covid relief though.

• Fire

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
Yeah, his defense is a clown show. Curious if they are bad because of trumps demands which led the previous team to quit, or if this is the best these guys can do...

Reactions: Madonis

IFireflyl

Aug 22, 2020
I think his defense did exactly what they were supposed to do. I'd bet my yearly pre-tax income that he doesn't get a conviction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arkam

dave_d

Jan 31, 2005
Now running a clip of democrats saying they want to impeach him so that 'he can never run for office again'.

Yes, that is the point of the impeachment. Stopping Trump from running for office again.... BECAUSE HE INCITED A MOB.
Just a clarification. It would stop him from taking office but wouldn't stop him from running, which would be very weird. (At least that's the point of view I saw from Robert Barnes. Admittedly I have no idea if he's correct on that.)

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
Listening to these Cspan callers is just so sad.

"I dont read news, i dont read newspapers. They are all lies. I get my information from facebook they are the real journalists". :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018
Ridiculous arguments.

Bernie denounced the shooter.

Trump said 'this is what happens when an election is stolen.' and that he loved the people trying to kill Pence.

This should be removed for disinformation, he never tweeted anything about people trying to kill pence. He also told everyone to go home and maintain law and order after telling them to peacefully and patriotically stand up for their rights.

Reactions: Nvzman and Arkam

OnionSnake

Banned
Dec 29, 2020
This should be removed for disinformation, he never tweeted anything about people trying to kill pence. He also told everyone to go home and maintain law and order after telling them to peacefully and patriotically stand up for their rights.

He praised the people calling to hang mike pence...

"This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people," Trump said in the video. "We have to have peace. So go home. We love you; you're very special."

"I know your pain. I know you're hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us," Trump said. "It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side."

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long," the president tweeted.

real condemnation

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Think Ted was trying to figure out how to get his barber arrested

Holy crap that is one awful haircut. I'll feel horrible about saying that if he had to shave part of his head for a surgery or something. But in the absence of that, what was he thinking?

• LOL

TheFarter

Oct 21, 2017
That video of everyone telling them to take Trump out is damning as hell. Good luck with your TDS 50% of the nation. It's just another nothing burger. Hopefully he's not as brain dead as Biden 4 years from now, so he can ruffle some more feathers in the future.