• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important Dragon Quest X announcement coming on Japanese Nico-Nico livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's presumably *not* a localization given it's a Japanese livestream.

DualShockers said:
With a press release the publisher just announced that it will host a massive ten hour-long livestream event about the game on the Japanese streaming service Nico Nico. The stream will be available here and will start on June the 22nd at 4 PM Japan Time, lasting until 2 AM the following night.

What’s most interesting is that the press release specifies that an “Important Announcement” will be made during the show, that will star the legendary Game Director and series’ creator Yuji Horii and the just as legendary Composer Koichi Sugiyama. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida will also make a special guest appearance, as he worked on the game as Chief of Planning before moving over to save FFXIV.

Here’s the full schedule for the event:

4:00 – 4:15 PM (3:00 – 3:15 AM EDT): Opening, A Look on Astoltia.
5:00 PM (4:00 AM EDT): Trivia session for the audience.
5:45 PM (4:45 AM EDT): Special Talk! Dragon Quest X round table discussion.
6:45 PM (5:45 AM EDT): Dragon Quest X early development alumni show. Guest Star: Yoshi-P
7:30 PM (6:30 AM EDT): Recap and dinner time.
8:00 PM (7:00 AM EDT): Battle Trial Special! A new boss appears?
10:00 PM (9:00 AM EDT): Important announcement!
11:00 PM (10:00 AM EDT): Serious consideration about games other than Dragon Quest X.
12:00 AM (11:00 AM EDT): Director’s update and night talk. Remaining sober is impossible!
1:00 AM (12:00 PM EDT) Battle Trial Special 2!
1:30 AM (12:30 PM EDT) Special Ending!
Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06...an-important-announcement-for-dragon-quest-x/

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I would have bet on a western Wii U release, but it's on Nico Nico, so I think that probably we'll see a "Sony" port (don't know where, probably PS3).
The lack of Western Nintendo distribution in the past months was a clear advice, imho.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Dragon Quest finally returns to Sony?
INB4PC

They have to make this game available on more platforms, that's for sure.

Get that subscription money!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
and still no news at e3. don't put your hopes up, it will be something related to the Japanese market. Could be PC, as someone else pointed out, if not Sony related.

I was talking in general, of course this time it is a specific Japanese announcement :D

gngf123

Isn't port begging a bannable offence?

I'm thinking an expansion. It isn't going to be a western release announcement.

john tv

OMG, please give us a PC/PS3/4/Vita version. And let that be enough to justify a localization, too.

Amen.

(Not port begging, no. The more exposure the game gets, the better the chances of it getting localized, IMO.)

Amneisac

Yes, but it doesn't really apply in a situation where a game has no Western release date announced and is kind of in flux like DQX. At least, that would be my 'common sense' interpretation of how it's worked in the past.

massoluk

Banned
OMG, please give us a PC/PS3/4/Vita version. And let that be enough to justify a localization, too.

Amen.

(Not port begging, no. The more exposure the game gets, the better the chances of it getting localized, IMO.)

Mod is totally portbegging. :p Somebody call the mod.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

Speculating over a likely announcement given the failure (to meet expectations) of the game on its current platforms is not port begging.

Aeana

Backseat modding is a bannable offense, too!

Anyway, port begging in no-news-yet situations like this is unavoidable and it doesn't derail the thread, which is why that rule exists to begin with.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well, if people wish a localization, should beg about a localization more than another version of the game ;D

gngf123

Yes, but it doesn't really apply in a situation where a game has no Western release date announced and is kind of in flux like DQX. At least, that would be my 'common sense' interpretation of how it's worked in the past.

But then surely that would be closer to localization begging, which in my opinion is totally fine. Even if it's just a case of porting it to a platform that is region free like the Vita.

Well, any way that this game can come over I would be okay with.

Backseat modding is a bannable offense, too!

Anyway, port begging in no-news-yet situations like this is unavoidable and it doesn't derail the thread, which is why that rule exists to begin with.

Didn't mean to backseat mod. I will shut up now.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dragon Quest X Offline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom