• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important Question for USA People Only

Melon

Banned
I have a question for all my fellow friends in the states. What state would you consider your own state's partner in crime?

I currently live in Wisconsin, but I haven't been here for long so I don't have a good enough grasp of the state's culture to know what other state is their best friend. HOWEVER, I spent 19 years in Tennessee. I would say Tenessee's partner in crime is definitely Georgia, with North Carolina a close second. I'm sure a lot of people assume Tennessee's pick would be Alabama or Kentucky, but I assure you, we hate those two states more than any other state -- besides California.

Anyway, I'm curious to see y'alls picks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oregon and Colorado seem to be two sides of the same coin

Mistake

New Hampshire and Vermont pretty much go together. Maine is a close third, but everyone says that’s where the weirdos are

Apparently North Carolina is caught in a proxy war between Florida, New York and California as they (invaders) keep moving here but as someone who has spent a lot of time between the 3 states I feel that NC is closer to Virginia than SC.

bonus vid!

Last edited:

TindalosPup

I believe most of New England is a tiny family

Here in Massachusetts I feel like Connecticut and Rhode Island are closer than the others. But Massachusetts is definitely the bigger brother who literally sits on top of the other two, with Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine being the cooler cousins.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
its tough. Georgia feels very much a part of Alabama, Tennessee, and the Carolinas. but Florida is strongest in my mind, and when you look at the landscape, once you get past the Piedmont and Macon, Georgia just turns into Florida 3/4 of the way down, it becomes just miles and miles of critter infested swamps and as-yet untamed wilderness. then you keep driving until you see the Orange stands. then Disney World. then the beach. that trip is just so iconic in my mind.

JBat

As someone from South Carolina; screw North Carolina, Fuck you George, and get the hell out of here Florida. Not really a fan of you either Tennessee or you Kentucky. Mississippi, you're not too bad. All of that probably stems from my college football allegiances so no hard feelings

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Colorado and Wyoming.

We share a lot in common when you ignore Denver and Boulder (which combined can win a state election)

Wyoming has their Cowboys, and Colorado does too. Only difference is that Colorado has the scary kill you on sight hippies too.
Boulder is hard left, but they get nervous when you talk about going up to the foothills and mountains directly to the west of them. Wyoming doesn't have that. Well, Jackson Hole is left, but that's billionaires who kicked out the millionaires.

Last edited:
Top Bottom