• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important Upcoming CARTOON DVD Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 15

601933h.jpg

591445h.jpg

591441h.jpg

July 6

605444h.jpg

I was hoping that Conan O'Brian would be on more than one of the commentary tracks for the Simpsons Season 4, but I guess not. Still, it's a must-buy.

Here's a list of the commentary tracks.

EP 1 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mark Kirkland, David Silverman
EP 2 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Jeff Martin, Jon Lovitz, Hank Azaria
EP 3 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, George Meyer, Jim Reardon,
EP 4 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mark Kirkland, Jeff Martin
EP 5 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Jay Kogen, Wallace Wolodarsky, Jon Vitti
EP 6 - Matt Groening, Al Jean Mike Reiss, Rich Moore
EP 7 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Bill Oaklet, Josh Weinstein, Jeff Lynch, Jim Reardon
EP 8 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Conan O'Brien, David Silverman
EP 9 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Jon Vitti, Jim Reardon
EP 10 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Jeff Martin, Mark Kirkland
EP 11 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Michael Carrington, David Silverman
EP 12 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Conan O'Brien, Rich Moore, David Silverman
EP 13 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, David M. Stern, Jim Reardon
EP 14 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Jon Vitti, Jeff Lynch
EP 15 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Frank Mula, Wes Archier, David Silverman
EP 16 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, David M. Stern, Jim Reardon
EP 17 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Jay Kogan, Wallace Wolodarsky, Mark Kirkland
EP 18 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Jon Vitti, Jeff Lynch
EP 19 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Adam I. Lapidus, Rich Moore
EP 20 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Jeff Lynch, David Silverman
EP 21 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Jim Reardon, Jeff Lynch
EP 22 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, David Silverman

I heard Conan does do another but it's an easter egg. Heard it on another forum so it's probably a false rumor that you all can pass along as well.

Socreges

Banned
Season 4 was the beginning of The Simpsons' prime, as far as I'm concerned. Brilliant stuff, through and through. Begins with Kamp Krusty and ends with Krusty Gets Kancelled. Two absolute gems right there.

Fifty

Isn't he on more than one?

EP 8 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Conan O'Brien, David Silverman

EP 12 - Matt Groening, Al Jean, Mike Reiss, Conan O'Brien, Rich Moore, David Silverman

Rlan

Okay, I'm seeing these DVDs of Batman: The Animated Series coming out to Australia in a few weeks.

- Batman - Out of the Shadows
- Batman - Tales of the Dark Night
- Batman - Legend Begins

Now, are these the same discs coming out in what appears to be the Animated Box Set coming out in America?

I then found this Press Release for the UK Batman DVDs [supposedly coming out a week later than the AUS ones], which only mentions 2 DVDs, not 3, so what's up with that? The Press Release also mentions 3 more coming out later this year, which would mean there is more than the box set coming out seperately?

Also, the episodes mentioned don't seem to be in the episode list TVTome has, but it seems to be in the correct order Cartoon Networks page has them in, but that page has episodes [list double parters] out of order.

So what's the skinny?

Any idea whats up with the Justice League DVDs either? We're getting Two different DVDs on the same day as the Batman ones, and they appear to have 4 episodes [being 2 double episodes], but that'd mean they're from Season 2 right? Wern' the first series 1 episode long?

We're also getting 4 X-Men Evolution DVDs [Same Day]. They seem to be the entire first season all together. Any news on other seasons? Or even the original X-Men on DVD? I think some special episodes were released [Phoenix Saga, 'Wolverine' collections when X2 came out, like 'Spider-man vs Green Goblin, and a Spiderman Vs Doc Oc soon], but other than that, nothing.

Also I'm wondering about the DVDs of TMNT2003/4. I know about the first 4 DVDs [which I can get in a nice box], the rest aren't out here yet, Disc 5 is. Do they plan for a box set for the next 4 discs? I'm also a bit confused by the episode listings, I can't get a good listing of the episodes on each DVD for between Vol. 5-10. Some seem to have 3 episodes like the first few, later ones have 4, but by what I'm seeing, they completely miss out on the episode 'The King'. Is it on Volume 7 or something, because it seems to be missing between disc 5 and 6.

Shinobi

Hmmm...I'll try and help you out with some of this. These DVD's...

- Batman - Out of the Shadows
- Batman - Tales of the Dark Night
- Batman - Legend Begins

....were released here the last few years as four or five episode compilations. I'm not sure if those are in the first season or not. If you know what those episodes are though, then just check 'em off against either of these Batman TAS episode lists. For that matter, I'm not even sure if the Batman boxset that's coming out here is the entire first season (the season lengths vary greatly), or just the first twenty eight episodes of out thirty six or whatever.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4144/batman1st.html

http://www.pazsaz.com/battas.html

We've also had those JLA DVD's for a while. No season boxsets yet, or boxsets of any kind that I know of. There's also a JL Starcrossed DVD, showing the last three episodes from the second season before the show is restarted as JL Unlimited (easily the best three episodes of the series).

Someone announce a Duckman set already. My other dream set was just announced (ALL of Pee-wee's Playhouse in two sets)... Maybe my luck streak will continue.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Shinobi said:
DVD of the year.

Hell yeah! I've been waiting years for the Batman: The Animated Series to come out in full, and I'll be scooping up this first set immediately. I need The Simpsons: Season Four and those Adult Swim discs too...

Shinobi

I'd love to see a Animalympics DVD as well...just loved that cheese fest. Oh yeah, Top Cat needs to hit DVD too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom